Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 6 praises

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

Djq2
  • Djq2
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i am looking to restart my ICE DIY again... 
since the old ice forums sgsoundsystem die out, anyone knows if there are still any general active ICE forums in SG? or is mycarforum the only general one left?
now everyone separated, so lets see if we can re-start. i know Bobcat recently appointed Emma Judge. there is still ICE competitions, but very very low key already.

lets see, i got Pioneer P99RS ready for 3 way active.
3 way component speakers ??? No Dyn esotar ok, something basic to start with. maybe Rainbow 3 way my fav. 
6 chn power amp ??? hmm looking at JL audio XDv2 or good ole Audison LRx6.9

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi DJQ. The fad seems to have faded out a bit, but I still see many peeps with pods on their A pillars. I too have noticed the quiet in the ICE forums. I guess overseas forums and going to meet up your fave installer will start a little something perhaps. Good luck!

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

ICE is a lot more troublesome now compared to old days where every car had single or double DIN. Now all these integrated crap needs special bracket harness etc to retrofit stuff.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

Djq2
  • Djq2
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi DJQ. The fad seems to have faded out a bit, but I still see many peeps with pods on their A pillars. I too have noticed the quiet in the ICE forums. I guess overseas forums and going to meet up your fave installer will start a little something perhaps. Good luck!

yeah it seems so. nevertheless i will find time to do it. will post back here after i go in search of a 6chn amp.

ICE is a lot more troublesome now compared to old days where every car had single or double DIN. Now all these integrated crap needs special bracket harness etc to retrofit stuff.

i got a car with a 2Din DVD headunit. planning to remove it to install the P99. but P99 being a reference HU. not built in amp. so i will need some amplifiers to start with. going SLT this weekend.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Qaz20
  • Qaz20
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Bro, are u the DJQ in sgsoundsystem? Your nick looks familiar. I used to be active there before it died out. Till this day, i still diy my ICE.. Maybe can gather more people and we can meetup..

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

Djq2
  • Djq2
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hihi. Yes its me. DJQ. Dunno why when i reg here it say the userid is used. So i jus add a 2 behind.
Family n kids made me stop everything. Now i am slowly back in action.
Have we met b4? Sorry i almost lost everyones contact num. The ice fad is very much gone as we cannot sit n idle listen ice with engine on.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

Djq2
  • Djq2
    Clutched
    Author Image

Edited by Djq2, 12 March 2017 - 11:40 PM.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Qaz20
  • Qaz20
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hihi. Yes its me. DJQ. Dunno why when i reg here it say the userid is used. So i jus add a 2 behind.
Family n kids made me stop everything. Now i am slowly back in action.
Have we met b4? Sorry i almost lost everyones contact num. The ice fad is very much gone as we cannot sit n idle listen ice with engine on.

Think met before during some meetup.. Can't really recall.. Lol.. But i think i still have your number if u didn't change..
Am currently on
Audison Bit 1
Audison Voce 3 way
Phase Evolution RS6 6ch Amp
DLS A6 w Rockford T1
Pioneer P99

Customized RCA and speaker wires...

Car scrapping in Oct.. Lots of work coming up soon.. Hehee

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Xjapan
  • Premium member
    Xjapan
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

yeah i see that the ice community pretty much died.. nice to see someone trying to start the engine again.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

Djq2
  • Djq2
    Clutched
    Author Image

Just got a Dynaudio 3 way component speakers. still searching for suitable 6chn amp or 4chn/2chn amp. audison AP4D seems to be small enough... but sure looks expensive. any idea how much its going for?

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

Friedpiggy
  • Friedpiggy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hello DJQ

My 9.5 year old Audison LRX 5.1 channel and IDmax 12"  dekit as car up for scrap. Ancient... but still functions fine as I don't blast and I also lubricate the rubber woofer lining once in a while so its still smooth and erm... rubbery.

Amps getting smaller nowadays, if you need small then its not for you. if you are interested, let you have it for cheap. My present car is has pretty decent stock sound system and my interest in ICE is more infotainment directed now so going DIY carputer instead. Man... its been a long time since I touch fiberglass, looks like need to do it again as I need to hack my dash to slot in an LCD.

Anyway the picture of the amp and sub then that I DIY'd. Now the amp has a few scratches cos of the stroller... but I have replacement covers that aren't used.

29245880167_large.jpg?v=0

Djq2 praised this

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:51 AM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys ,.....

I m newbie to car audio ...

Started out with 2 way passive
3 waypassive
To now - 3 way active

Had pretty much completed my set up last week
Only left the tunning
And also waiting for another hu change - clarion with digital output
Sub woofer enclosure .....
duque to family matter and work commitment this
Subwoofer project was drag for
6 mth

But an enjoyable process....

Just got a Dynaudio 3 way component speakers. still searching for suitable 6chn amp or 4chn/2chn amp. audison AP4D seems to be small enough... but sure looks expensive. any idea how much its going for?

Why not consider about mosconi d2 80.6
Or
Helix PSIX .....or helix v

If you are looking for the intergrated amp

I m using the helix pSIX myself

Diy rack for the sub woofer amp and helix p6

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6496.JPG
  • IMG_7501.JPG
  • IMG_7611.JPG
  • IMG_7885.JPG
  • IMG_9855.JPG
  • IMG_0813.JPG
  • IMG_0663.JPG
  • IMG_3232.JPG
  • IMG_3338.JPG
  • IMG_2149.JPG
  • IMG_2152.JPG

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

Friedpiggy
  • Friedpiggy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys ,.....

3 waypassive
To now - 3 way active

Only left the tunning
6 mth

Or

DIY   [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

$1 supermarket trolley spotted... :a-noway:  :a-noway:  :a-noway:  

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

Xjapan
  • Premium member
    Xjapan
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

nice diy work!

Hi guys ,.....

3 waypassive
To now - 3 way active

Only left the tunning
6 mth

Or

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Digital audio ......

Install them tonight ...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3885.JPG
  • IMG_3886.JPG

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

Djq2
  • Djq2
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi guys ,.....

3 waypassive
To now - 3 way active

Only left the tunning
6 mth

Or

Nice work as well.

Digital audio ......

Install them tonight ...

Wow. Nice. Din know clarion still makes this. What's the damage like?
I had a D2 years back. Real solid.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The clario. I got a USA set which cost less then 400 usd - Amazon

Price when up abit

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Clarion NX706 2-DIN DVD Multimedia Station with Built-In Navigation, 7" Touch Panel Control https://www.amazon.c...i_Z86izbY3KX6CP

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Nice work as well.
Wow. Nice. Din know clarion still makes this. What's the damage like?
I had a D2 years back. Real solid.

Clarion seem under rate
The sq is better then pioneer .....(replace the pioneer)
IMO
Djq2 praised this

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Newkid
  • Newkid
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The clario. I got a USA set which cost less then 400 usd - Amazon

Price when up abit

wow, <USD400 is super cheap! Looks like a good setup you have.

remember to update the firmware of the clarion. 

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Audison AV 12

Audison AV 12  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Marcellomycin  |  Neutral Newbie

Enhances my overall audio experience

Great sound quality, just what I need for my ride. The Audison AV 12 does not only provide greater punch of the bass but also makes the overall audio sound full with low frequency which does not interrupt the vocals, maximizing my overall in... » Read More

Pioneer TS-WX120A

Pioneer TS-WX120A  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Oshely  |  3rd Gear

Good and recommendable active subwoofer

Got it installed in my ride as recommended by my installer. Sounds is good for a small and compact. Nicely placed under the seat without really noticing. Worth to have if looking for something compact and want to hide from sights.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Woofer, amplifier, Speakers

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: honda , hondaice , diy , sound , strikes , back , woofer ...

Tags: honda, hondaice, diy, sound and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users