17-year-old boy dies after falling from 4th floor of Orchard

Ender

3) unless there is evidence to the contrary I will assume that the person performing the cpr is trained and not a lay bystander who just keep pumping and blowing

Hi. Maybe you missed my point number 3 or maybe it should have been point 1. I assume the person doing cpr is trained and not a lay bystander. Trained cpr providers would have followed your steps unless the person panicked or is not really trained but maybe saw on tv (which means lay bystanders who just pump and blow).

I am coming from the point that the rescuer is trained and doing things correctly in sequence like you described because if he was not trained and he just started pumping and blowing without assessment then there is no need to discuss if cpr can be done on a trauma patient since an untrained bystander (or for that matter a panicked trained cpr provider) obviously should not be doing the cpr in the first place.

i saw a video on FB of the person doing CPR for a few seconds. He seemed to be doing chest compressions correctly. Should have been trained before.

RIP...phone can leads to death scary

not the first case and will not be the last.

people kena knock down by car, fell of the cliff all because of phone.

not the first case and will not be the last.

people kena knock down by car, fell of the cliff all because of phone.

my friend dropped his phone down the elevator shaft before, just fell zhun zhun into the crack.

Sigh poor parents.

RIP.

As handphones have already been part of our everyday life, maybe we can have some ideas prevent such tragic incidents from happening again.

Probably attach a lanyard or wristband to the phone/phone cover so that the phone slips out of your hand, It won't fall off to the ground but stay attached to you via your wrist or neck. Can also protect our precious phone from scratches and damages falling hard to the ground.

Parents can again educate their children, especially teenagers who use the phone very frequently, on the importance between the phone and their lives. Nowadays many people put too much focus on their phones, ignoring the dangers around them or what is coming for them.

Rescue breathing according to my professionally trained manual from medical combat orderly aka cao medic,is when there is pulse but no breathing. That's when you begins this procedure.

Rescue breathing according to my professionally trained manual from medical combat orderly aka cao medic,is when there is pulse but no breathing. That's when you begins this procedure.

yup 2 rescue breaths.

Most people don't dare to do rescue breathing. Especially if there is blood/saliva coming out. I also wont' do rescue breathing in traumat situation. 

Well the evidence says that if the person has no pulse, the chest compressions are the important one, not rescue breathing.

For the part with pulse and no breathing, i think that category is narrow, don't really encounter often.

RIP.

As handphones have already been part of our everyday life, maybe we can have some ideas prevent such tragic incidents from happening again.

Probably attach a lanyard or wristband to the phone/phone cover so that the phone slips out of your hand, It won't fall off to the ground but stay attached to you via your wrist or neck. Can also protect our precious phone from scratches and damages falling hard to the ground.

Parents can again educate their children, especially teenagers who use the phone very frequently, on the importance between the phone and their lives. Nowadays many people put too much focus on their phones, ignoring the dangers around them or what is coming for them.

i usually bo hiu my hp during the weekend especially when i go out. Some people are angry when i dont pick up their call or return their smses! They expect me to check my hp regularly....

i usually bo hiu my hp during the weekend especially when i go out. Some people are angry when i dont pick up their call or return their smses! They expect me to check my hp regularly....

Give u land line and phone book better [:p]

some pple on hwz etc are saying that the parapet should have been labelled with warnings that u can't step on it.

Anyone think the mall is negligent?

err... the glass barricade was there for a reason.
  • Praise 1

some pple on hwz etc are saying that the parapet should have been labelled with warnings that u can't step on it.

While I don't think the mall is negligent, I think it is a good preventive measure to have clear sign / label warning people that the parapet/ cover or any protrusion part is not fit for taking load.

might as well put concentina or barbed wire! The young nowadays things they 'can' but the truth is rather far! Many think they know everything learning from youtube and such.....haiz! There is already a railing there.......

if you look at the damage, i believe the parapet should be able to hold a light weight person. However i wonder did the boy jump onto it instead of climb over and crawl on top slowly.

post-1109-0-57843900-1487996236_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1