COE bidding - 1st round March 2017

RadX

Still got 2.9 yrs bro! :shy::grin:

Haha,bro!

You join in 2010.So you car should be 7yrs old now.

So still got time to wait,don't worry.

I also waiting for coe to drop since beginning of 2016.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Haha,bro!

You join in 2010.So you car should be 7yrs old now.

So still got time to wait,don't worry.

I also waiting for coe to drop since beginning of 2016.

Yup. I guess 7yr old cars is good to sell, hopefully someone will buy it and extend its COE. My mileage is low.

How old is your ride bro?

Thanks bro... actually learn lesson throught the years from mistakes make by frens. Not financially prudent and bought cars out of their budget. But lucky COE sky rocketed and manage to make afew bucks in the end by selling. Some ppl are just damn lucky.. :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

You are very practical.

Not many would be steady enough to hold. Many have this "just bite the bullet" and go buy the cheapest or buy the badge or even buy and cut back on maintenance just to have that new car.

Stay prudent and hope you get the right car at the right price,

Alternatively, look for an upgrading of skill and to improve your career earnings or look for a company that provides car allowance of 2K and above.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yeah! .... Thanks bro!... You too! [thumbsup] 

Sorry bro, i dun understand why U/G must die die push COE high? They dun just earn from renting cars.

Even COE drop, there will still be ppl renting cars, just that they will push their rent down. Good for everyone.

Their goal now is pushing ppl to use their apps, acquiring market share, their goal is not earn lots of $ from renting cars.

Plus they dun have that much $ and sound reasons to indefinitely keep buying cars, they already burning billions every year.

Can't tell you if we can see 30k COE but its definitely possible. Please mark my words. Thanks! :yuush:

The only reason why U/G want to keep COE high are; to increase the loan quantum since their main biz is interest from loan. They have already committed in a fleet of cars at high COE, any reduction means their investment technically has depreciated and car also become affordable. So why still need to hire car from them?

However, you are right, they cannot change our economy. How I wish they could. Those that choose this path are also struggling to pay the monthly rental. So, COE will goes up or down, we just need to watch. [dizzy]

• Praise 1

The only reason why U/G want to keep COE high are; to increase the loan quantum since their main biz is interest from loan. They have already committed in a fleet of cars at high COE, any reduction means their investment technically has depreciated and car also become affordable. So why still need to hire car from them?

However, you are right, they cannot change our economy. How I wish they could. Those that choose this path are also struggling to pay the monthly rental. So, COE will goes up or down, we just need to watch. [dizzy]

Dirty games, sellers always ask for loan 50k and above, the rebate from banks are part of their profits.but this is pretty Small amount in the deals, can affect but not really change the trends.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

loan is a big game in car sale. interest of 2.65% without monthly rest makes a big difference to the total car value. hiwever, U/G are even bigger loan shark around hahaha

(edited)

Just curious - any reason why Cat A and B COE prices are much higher than Cat D (Motorcycle)COE price despite the quota for Cat A and B COE being much more than the quota for Cat D COE? Is demand for Cat D COE that low or that usual economics principles do not apply?

Edited by AXS
  • Praise 1

Yeah! .... Thanks bro!... You too! [thumbsup]

Sorry bro, i dun understand why U/G must die die push COE high? They dun just earn from renting cars.

Even COE drop, there will still be ppl renting cars, just that they will push their rent down. Good for everyone.

Their goal now is pushing ppl to use their apps, acquiring market share, their goal is not earn lots of $ from renting cars.

Plus they dun have that much $ and sound reasons to indefinitely keep buying cars, they already burning billions every year.

Can't tell you if we can see 30k COE but its definitely possible. Please mark my words. Thanks! :yuush:

Even 40k COE also very difficulty ! The reason those pirate hire compony keep buying as they know it if don't buy now , what happen our LDA twist the policy , year flood with high quota only available in 2016 , 2017 and 2018 . Before too late act first lo ... they are very smart investors and deep porket ! 2019 onwards they are the king ... Just wait and see .
  • Praise 1

Yup. I guess 7yr old cars is good to sell, hopefully someone will buy it and extend its COE. My mileage is low.

How old is your ride bro?

Hello, kind of in the same situation, car left slightly less than 3yrs, wondering if shld sell now
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Hello, kind of in the same situation, car left slightly less than 3yrs, wondering if shld sell now

many ask the same question based on 

1 opportunity

should i buy now or will I miss the boat

2  Should I buy before car give more problem

3 Should I buy based on financial cost calculation where interest rate is still low

4 Should I buy before they clear stock and prices chiong more then the new model and specs not as good

Some times its good to used the same way as someone buying supermarket food. Buy and decide only when the need arises. Not because NTUC have a buy 2 get 2 free and end up with food that you dont eat or impulse buying...

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

I personally calculated that its a good time to sell if your backside is itchy, but normally the most economical decision is to drive full till 10yrs.

For me, im driving a b&b car and been looking around for the past 2 yrs, as i feel its time that i upgrade my ride and according to my earning power and budget. Plus I'm those that really love cars..... :nosebleed: ... emotions will take over.. haha

7yrs car with 2yrs+ is good for 2nd hand market where ppl wana drive and tie over the period, hopefully COE will drop more. These cars are more relatively cheaper to buy, lesser cash downpayment etc.

So its all depends on your needs and wants, can you afford to sell now without a car or buying a new or relatively new 2nd hand car?

Do you have a car in mind and budget to own a newer one?

​Guess its all depends on your financial comfort level and needs. [laugh] 

I personally calculated that its a good time to sell if your backside is itchy, but normally the most economical decision is to drive full till 10yrs.

For me, im driving a b&b car and been looking around for the past 2 yrs, as i feel its time that i upgrade my ride and according to my earning power and budget. Plus I'm those that really love cars..... :nosebleed: ... emotions will take over.. haha

7yrs car with 2yrs+ is good for 2nd hand market where ppl wana drive and tie over the period, hopefully COE will drop more. These cars are more relatively cheaper to buy, lesser cash downpayment etc.

So its all depends on your needs and wants, can you afford to sell now without a car or buying a new or relatively new 2nd hand car?

Do you have a car in mind and budget to own a newer one?

âGuess its all depends on your financial comfort level and needs. [laugh]

Purpose of wanting to change is due to current car is small (swift) as i have 2 kids. Condition wise, the car is fine and will last for another 10yrs w/o issues i feel. Yes, am clear on the financial comfort level, no point being a slave to the car for the sake of owning one. Just cleared my loan so maybe as you mentioned, a case of backside itchy
  • Praise 1

Just curious - any reason why Cat A and B COE prices are much higher than Cat D (Motorcycle)COE price despite the quota for Cat A and B COE being much more than the quota for Cat D COE? Is demand for Cat D COE that low or that usual economics principles do not apply?

Sorry not sure i understand. Are you asking why Motorcycle COE not as high as car COE?? Obviously most motorcycles cost a lot less than most cars. Why would anyone pay $50k COE for a $5k (or even $10k) motorcycle? It's like paying $500k COE for a $50k car. Yes i would say (though i can't prove it) that demand for motorcycles is less than that for cars but even if were not, there is still a threshold/limit of COE that buyers won't cross. And the same goes for cars. This is where the COE no longer makes sense in proportion to the value of the vehicle. Of course this threshold will be different for different people but there IS a limit. 

• Praise 2

I was in the same situation too, started doing my leg work around new and used car dealers when my car was 6.5yo.

At that time, which was around 2 years ago, many dealers told me for 7yo car still got on-the-road value, once past 8yo mark, many will quote paper. 

So for me, it was either :-

1. trade in before 8yo or drive all the way.

2. once drive all the way to 10yo will have to buy new car cos only new car can get overtrade.

In the end I changed my ride at the 7yo mark and bought a pre-owned 2yo car cos the outlay was lesser than a new car and I did not have to bother with COE bidding results.  [:p]

• Praise 2

I was in the same situation too, started doing my leg work around new and used car dealers when my car was 6.5yo.

At that time, which was around 2 years ago, many dealers told me for 7yo car still got on-the-road value, once past 8yo mark, many will quote paper.

So for me, it was either :-

1. trade in before 8yo or drive all the way.

2. once drive all the way to 10yo will have to buy new car cos only new car can get overtrade.

In the end I changed my ride at the 7yo mark and bought a pre-owned 2yo car cos the outlay was lesser than a new car and I did not have to bother with COE bidding results. [:p]

My car left 16 months. SE told me now still got value : paper + $7.5k. If less than a year, only paper value.
↡ Advertisement