Rinseless Car Wash

Kklee

Ok,  let me deliberate if want to really go for rinseless. 

I am still doing rinseless as I need to finish up the bottle first, don't waste... 

↡ Advertisement

I am still doing rinseless as I need to finish up the bottle first, don't waste... 

Hmm.... the bottle is staring at me.  [laugh]

Maybe I will re-purpose it. 

Hmm.... the bottle is staring at me.  [laugh]

Maybe I will re-purpose it. 

Is it optimum no rinse? That's what I'm using. Can be repurposed into a quick detailer, much cheaper than what you can find outside based on the dilution ratio.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Is it optimum no rinse? That's what I'm using. Can be repurposed into a quick detailer, much cheaper than what you can find outside based on the dilution ratio.

Yeah, that's the one.  Any comments using that as a rinseless?  As clean as normal wash?

Edited by Kklee

Yeah, that's the one.  Any comments using that as a rinseless?  As clean as normal wash?

It's clean, but still trying to cross the hurdle of rubbing the dirt around using cloths... By the time I'm done the cloths are black, especially the one I use for 4 rims, totally change colour to black. For body I use 3 cloths, 1 for glass, top and bonnet, 1 for side and front, 1 for other side and rear.

Bro flashbang & kk, you can use ONR as a clay lub. Many ways for using this thing..I have some customers who dilute it in spray bottle,  spray on surface and let is dwell for 5 mins and then use water to wash..

I normally use sponge to wash and then a mf cloth to wipe dry..

Bro flashbang & kk, you can use ONR as a clay lub. Many ways for using this thing..I have some customers who dilute it in spray bottle,  spray on surface and let is dwell for 5 mins and then use water to wash..

I normally use sponge to wash and then a mf cloth to wipe dry..

How much to use each time for a wash? Feel like it's a waste as I follow instructions to mix 2 oz with 2 gallons of water, but after car is clean feels like a lot of solution left and it's wasted as I pour it away. Should I use 1 gallon and 1 oz instead?  I don't have any containers to keep the solution for reuse, else I would as I rinse off the cloths in another pail of water, so the solution is pretty fresh

How much to use each time for a wash? Feel like it's a waste as I follow instructions to mix 2 oz with 2 gallons of water, but after car is clean feels like a lot of solution left and it's wasted as I pour it away. Should I use 1 gallon and 1 oz instead?  I don't have any containers to keep the solution for reuse, else I would as I rinse off the cloths in another pail of water, so the solution is pretty fresh

If 1 bucket, better don't re-use.  If 2 buckets (with or without lots of microfibers),  1 gallon is enough. 

If I use it as a pre-rinse, likely I get a BIG capacity pressure sprayer.  

After spraying as a pre-rinse, I can pour out for the wash.

The remainder can be left inside the pressure sprayer for next round or into bottles for claybar lube. 

not a fan of rinseless car wash..

generally i'll wash my vehicle with a two bucket system follow with quick wax to "repel" the dirt.

Rinseless use up too much product IMO.

(edited)

I wondered if it is technological or commercial reason that car paintwork remains roughly the same for the past few decades.

With no many innovation why our car paintvwork still require period washing and polishing.

If NASA can send a painted rocket into space and get back for re-use, I wondered why their paint technology had not filtered down.

I have given up sending my cars to AD for their special polish that promise to last 6 months or some to a year.

If you constantly part under a cover, generally the polish will last as what it claims. But most times our cars are often out in the open.

Have you also notice our oven which can heat up to several hundreds of degrees centrigrade but the paint work still looks the same after several years of usage. Maybe oven company know something that we don't.

The oven isn't painted on the inside is it? The outside doesn't get that hot.

But if you want to talk about paints on other products. If you look at anything from cans to household equipment to walls, anything left exposed to the elements (like cars mostly are), none of them can last for several years without fading.

The fact that our car paints can stay glossy for years while having to tahan UV, acidic rainwater, dust and road debris hitting it at highway speeds and having to be able to stay elastic to flex with heating and cooling as well as the car panels inherent flex as the car hits bumps and humps and twists as it moves. Its quite a feat.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 1