Which brand should I buy for fuel cleaning system ?

Winning

I did not notice if the rpm went up or not , usually I do a light step on the accelerator, then it will move Liao .... I think bring to workshop to diagnose will be better?any workshop for recommendations?

I suggest do it progressively. Use snake oil. If ok, rejoice! If not ok, go workshop to open the can of worms...
↡ Advertisement

TS is using premium fuel.

Not to burst the bubble but a can of fuel cleaner not gonna solve issue so easily.

And if car is not having idling problem, do not touch the throttle body. Anyhow cleaning it is asking for trouble that is not there in the very 1st place.

Can it be spark plug problem ? I just did my servicing in Dec2016? I do regular servicing every 6 months.

What other problem can cause ?

And it seem like choking or not responsive & not too sure ....

Any suggestions ?

Mileage?  

Eh...what car huh?

Turbocharged

The best fuel cleaning system is to bring your ride to NS highway and WOT to KL and back. 

• Praise 2

I suggest do it progressively. Use snake oil. If ok, rejoice! If not ok, go workshop to open the can of worms...

I got very Long Nv rev my engine Liao .... could that be the problem too? I will try the snake oil 1st

Mileage?

Eh...what car huh?

52k nia

Rcz

TS is using premium fuel.

Not to burst the bubble but a can of fuel cleaner not gonna solve issue so easily.

And if car is not having idling problem, do not touch the throttle body. Anyhow cleaning it is asking for trouble that is not there in the very 1st place.

Noted ...

(edited)

I got very Long Nv rev my engine Liao .... could that be the problem too? I will try the snake oil 1st

52k nia

Rcz

IIRC, less rpm, more carbon.

Yeah, should try the Techron Concentrate first although if you can, get the Redline SI-1 which reportedly has more of the PEA.

Edited by Kklee

Yeah, should try the Techron Concentrate first although if you can, get the Redline SI-1 which reportedly has more of the PEA.

my experience with using the fuel cleaner is it does help. But not worth the 16 dollars.

Maybe price at 3 dollars, I would buy again as the effect only last 3 to 4 days

my experience with using the fuel cleaner is it does help. But not worth the 16 dollars.

The few days, is it during use or after? 

Redline out of stock

Got 16 dollars so cheap meh , I go see 26 plus leh ....

Your 16$ is how Long ago de?

Nope , just that yesterday the car become responsless when I step on the accelerator , but u know that it can't speed up. Then after awhile a soft jerk then it can accelerate . The petrol lvl is like less than 25%. So my Friend suggested me to go buy the fuel cleaning system

Not sure what wrong also

Rcz? A turbocharged engine?

A lot of things need to clean. Usually start with the air sensors, clean the MAF mass airflow sensor and MAP sensor (some calls it a turbo sensor). Clean using those quick dry electronic contact cleaner from 3M that doesn't leave a residue. I think the turbocharger intake side is also filled with gunk making it heavy to spin effectively. You need to remove some of the air intake hoses to access it and spray throttle body cleaner into the intake side of the turbocharger. Cleaning the throttle body also helps, you gotto know where it is loosen the hose clip/hose and spray throttle body cleaner on the valve flap. I suggest you get a mechanic to do it if you dunno how.

For me I know how to clean these things on my car's engine so it's not a problem. Because of the pcv(positive crankcase ventilation) return hose a lot of the engine oil/petrol vapour gets returned into the air intake system contaminating the above parts along the way. After driving for a couple of years w/o cleaning them regularly your engine will lag in terms of response.

• Praise 3

Rcz? A turbocharged engine?

A lot of things need to clean. Usually start with the air sensors, clean the MAF mass airflow sensor and MAP sensor (some calls it a turbo sensor). Clean using those quick dry electronic contact cleaner from 3M that doesn't leave a residue. I think the turbocharger intake side is also filled with gunk making it heavy to spin effectively. You need to remove some of the air intake hoses to access it and spray throttle body cleaner into the intake side of the turbocharger. Cleaning the throttle body also helps, you gotto know where it is loosen the hose clip/hose and spray throttle body cleaner on the valve flap. I suggest you get a mechanic to do it if you dunno how.

For me I know how to clean these things on my car's engine so it's not a problem. Because of the pcv(positive crankcase ventilation) return hose a lot of the engine oil/petrol vapour gets returned into the air intake system contaminating the above parts along the way. After driving for a couple of years w/o cleaning them regularly your engine will lag in terms of response.

Very detail . Yup I will send to workshop and do diagnostics. Then request them to help me do. Do not want to take risk

Turbocharged

caltex do have promotions once in a while where the 2nd bottle is sold at half price.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The best fuel cleaning system is to bring your ride to NS highway and WOT to KL and back. 

i think it's not really WOT... rather, to have Redline throughout.

i WOT to Redlined my car for about half-hour before... when the car was finally parked, there was a thick carbon smell surrounding outside the car..

↡ Advertisement