Which brand should I buy for fuel cleaning system ?

Winning

i think it's not really WOT... rather, to have Redline throughout.

i WOT to Redlined my car for about half-hour before... when the car was finally parked, there was a thick carbon smell surrounding outside the car..

No smoke or overheating?
↡ Advertisement

i WOT to Redlined my car for about half-hour before... when the car was finally parked, there was a thick carbon smell surrounding outside the car..

could be from brake pads, if you redlined so long, likely you could have been braking a lot too.

Turbocharged

could be from brake pads, if you redlined so long, likely you could have been braking a lot too.

Minimal breaking.. was holding at redline at 3 and 4 gear via manual mode..

No smoke or overheating?

Cars CPU nowadays don't allow u to go beyond redline, which can possibly cause engine overheating.

Engine temp remained normal range.

You sure its not something melting in your exhaust hor?? 

Turbocharged

You sure its not something melting in your exhaust hor??

The smell is distinctly different from chao tar la... not brake nor oil nor plastic burning

Did the same in my previous Legacy GT, same carbon smell.

From these doubtful questions it seems like many folks don't push their cars hard ah...

• Praise 1

The smell is distinctly different from chao tar la... not brake nor oil nor plastic burning

Did the same in my previous Legacy GT, same carbon smell.

From these doubtful questions it seems like many folks don't push their cars hard ah...

Yup.. indeed and I'm one of them.. Don't push car a lot.. at most to 3.5k rpm nia.. for overtaking purposes or chiong red light. Other than that, about 2k rpm mostly.. hahahahaha. I hum ji leh.. worry this one spoil that one spoil. Spoil liao heart pain first, then followed by wallet pain..

Redline out of stock

Got 16 dollars so cheap meh , I go see 26 plus leh ....

Your 16$ is how Long ago de?

Go mxtradings...

last i chk Redline S$16, Techron S$17.50

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Yup.. indeed and I'm one of them.. Don't push car a lot.. at most to 3.5k rpm nia.. for overtaking purposes or chiong red light. Other than that, about 2k rpm mostly.. hahahahaha. I hum ji leh.. worry this one spoil that one spoil. Spoil liao heart pain first, then followed by wallet pain..

Once in a while is fine lah... if this spoil/that leak, that means the part has already weaken and it's a matter of time u will need to replace  anyway.. 

Disclaimer... i do it in NSHW under a safe condition... very difficult to do it here in SG..

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

The fuel that you pump already comes with additives, so there is no need for after market snake oils

Not all are snake oil lah.

Redline is good.

Redline out of stock

Got 16 dollars so cheap meh , I go see 26 plus leh ....

Your 16$ is how Long ago de?

Redline is $16 @ MX.

You are waiting for carbon to build up.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Redline Si-1 is good. I use about 1/3 to 1/2 of a bottle for every full tank of petrol (~70L). Worth the additional enjoyment in butt feel especially as I'm running a slightly aggressive tune on a turbocharged block.

It also improves my fuel consumption (albeit marginally).

Use a full bottle for your first tank and you'll notice the difference almost immediately. It instantly removed vibrations felt through the steering wheel at idle for my previous ride too (N.A. V6 block).

Redline Si-1 is good. I use about 1/3 to 1/2 of a bottle for every full tank of petrol (~70L). Worth the additional enjoyment in butt feel especially as I'm running a slightly aggressive tune on a turbocharged block.

It also improves my fuel consumption (albeit marginally).

Use a full bottle for your first tank and you'll notice the difference almost immediately. It instantly removed vibrations felt through the steering wheel at idle for my previous ride too (N.A. V6 block).

So it is better to use it regularly ?

I did not want to wait till it happens then go try find ways to resolve it ... any advice ?

I got very Long Nv rev my engine Liao .... could that be the problem too? I will try the snake oil 1st

52k nia

Rcz

Bro have u thot going back to agent if ur car under warranty? If out then ignore my post

How often do you guys rev your engine??i know this is a rather stupid question to ask but sg road Quite tough to do that .

Rev over a short distance or rev over a Long distance ; which is better?

(edited)

80.png[bounce2]  [bounce1]  [bounce2]  [bounce1]

To rev or not rev is really up to you...if scared, then don't rev and send it to the workshop to open a can of worms or even snakes. Else, do it progressively, meaning, do what you can do (DIY and low cost). If problem still persists, then send in to a workshop to deal with it with proper tools for repair. Chances for you to get the pinpoint solution from bros here will be tough as RCZ is not a very common car.

Years ago, bought 3 bots of Redline from MXtrading before. Price and boss were good and friendly. Only thing is the shop is a bit hard to find. The issue was resolved temporarily but ultimately still needed part change to solve it permanently. Mine was a code fault issue along the exhaust system.

Edited by Cephas

I use STP fuel injector cleaner midway between my servicing cycle.

Pour in when just before going to pump petrol.

80.png[bounce2][bounce1][bounce2][bounce1]

To rev or not rev is really up to you...if scared, then don't rev and send it to the workshop to open a can of worms or even snakes. Else, do it progressively, meaning, do what you can do (DIY and low cost). If problem still persists, then send in to a workshop to deal with it with proper tools for repair. Chances for you to get the pinpoint solution from bros here will be tough as RCZ is not a very common car.

Years ago, bought 3 bots of Redline from MXtrading before. Price and boss were good and friendly. Only thing is the shop is a bit hard to find. The issue was resolved temporarily but ultimately still needed part change to solve it permanently. Mine was a code fault issue along the exhaust system.

This redline SI-1 so popular ah... out of stock
↡ Advertisement