Which Cars Will Be The Best Sellers Of 2017 ?

therock

It's not just you. Honda themselves want to pitch themselves as a higher class marque than traditional rival Toyota, so their pricing is uprated accordingly.

Like how VW considers itself above SEAT and Skoda (though they are of the same group).

You are probably right. I think a Honda car buyer will be looking for different things from a Toyota car buyer too. E.g. Honda Civic 1.6 vs Toyota Altis 1.6. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

how is Honda 2nd top maker but doesn't even have a Top 10 model?

Because brand count includes PI cars whereas model only include authorised distributor cars. Vezel from PIs alone will probably be more than the amount of all models sold by KM combined. Not forgetting there are some not so big volume of shuttle and odyssey from PIs to add up the sum.
  • Praise 1

The Malaysian scene has certainly changed, and Honda is the one which has made the biggest strides.

The City is the big seller. If Malaysians had the money they would buy this instead of the two Malaysian brands:

https://paultan.org/2017/08/21/malaysia-vehicle-sales-data-for-july-2017-by-brand/

I believe someone was touting the virtues of Proton? Their share continues to slide, and would be a lot worse if not for the tax rebates.

July-2017-car-sales-data-Malaysia.jpg

• Praise 1

Seriously am not sure why altis can sell so well. Nowadays korean car reliability are also very good. And altis and vios always comes woth bare minimum spec vs other makes of lower priced car with much better spec and similar reliability.

Probably many people have instil that thinking about toyota means good n reliable.

IMO, mazda cars have much better build n quality compared to those made in thai jap cars. I had recently seen a new honda civic with a misaligned rear door. For those who are not aware, civic is now made in thai.

And frankly, in terms of FC, many cars are better than altis/vios now. There are many options out there where u can have a better car for the same price.

I'm looking ...

Which are the many cars that FC better than Altis and Vios ?

Assuming we put Altis as top seller (as is likely), half of the top 10 models are LCR models (Altis, Mazda3, Attrage, Kia K3, Lancer). Draw your own conclusions on how many of these are private cars and how many are rentals.

If purely private cars alone, top seller is probably Qashqai (or Vezel if PI).

Belly strange lei

Honda not in TOP model but 1st in TOP made ? How?

Proton shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Already half owned by China.

Now neither here or there. 

I think it's up to you to believe the poster's credibility in such matters after you examine his other posts..

We can all learn to differentiate fact, opinion and simple ignorance or bias. 

According to me, the best selling car in the 2017 would be Hyundai Verna 2017 which is officially launched on 22 Aug 2017. It is a amazing sedan for yourself or anyone in your family, we have something interesting Hyundai Verna images for you, have a look

hyundai-new-verna-1d0cba40.jpg

hyundai-new-verna-d75bf192.jpg

hyundai-new-verna-29e50906.jpg

hyundai-new-verna-d8d3dfb0.jpg

• Praise 1

According to me, the best selling car in the 2017 would be Hyundai Verna 2017 which is officially launched on 22 Aug 2017. It is a amazing sedan for yourself or anyone in your family, we have something interesting Hyundai Verna images for you, have a look

The previous generation Verna doesn’t really sell as observed.

According to me, the best selling car in the 2017 would be Hyundai Verna 2017 which is officially launched on 22 Aug 2017. It is a amazing sedan for yourself or anyone in your family, we have something interesting Hyundai Verna images for you, have a look

How many are you buying?

It's a spammer la. Just ignore.

The car does look good though I must say.

features wise and pricing are great. finishing still lacking. i am sure if they stay for another 10 years, they will be theree but price wise may become the japanese. 

A heady year with many new policies. Amongst the many new laws, the VES and the diesel tax will have the greatest impact on our local car buyers.

Last year saw the top ten list filled with predictable best sellers from Honda, Toyota and Mercedes.

Will that change?

IMO, the best sellers this year will be quite similar, as dealer will still have existing stock of the top sellers, and even though the surcharge goes up, it only occurs next year in Jan 2018.

So we should see a small rush for them, and perhaps even a rush for the diesel based best sellers like the BMW 116d and 216d. 

As a reference, I have included the best sellers for 2016:

Top ten for 2015:

http://business.asiaone.com/news/toyota-surges-no-1-brand-singapore

Top ten for 2014:

http://www.carbuyer.com.sg/features/399-can-you-guess-singapore-s-best-selling-car

http://focus2move.com/mercedes-e-class-best-selling-car-singapore/

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=10795

Top ten for 2013:

http://www.lifestyleasia.com/380529/top-selling-car-in-singapore-2013/

↡ Advertisement