Which Cars Will Be The Best Sellers Of 2017 ?

therock

Most who bought wish because they need the functional aspect of wish. Eg, space, 7 seats, good engine capacity/$ and overall price consideration. It is still a reliable and easy to maintain, cost effective seven seater. You cannot compare that with vezel. In fact i do hear people complain about noise of vezel as well.

Most people buy toyota because of its proven reputation of reliability.

This is just my view, i have to declare i am not a toyota supporter nor have i owned a toyota in my life before.

But i agree with you about mazda 5, i thought it is quite a functional mpv as well especially it is the only japanese made in this class has a sliding doors which is good for passengers getting in and out from tight parking lot.

you may want to share with us how did you end up buying a wish instead of other model ? That may explain why others have chosen a wish as well.

And while you may not like it, it is still many people's wish to have a wish.

+1

Most buy Toyotas for it's practicality, and the dearth of functions may be appreciated as a means to increase reliability.

The typical Toyota buyer doesn't scour the forums for add ons, mods etc.

The Wish is a reliable car with a decent engine and cabin.

NVH, and other similar matters aren't as big a concern.

I am driving a 2 year old Toyota Wish as replacement car... absolutely feels that’s it’s shit compared to a Honda vezel.

My friend’s 9 year old Honda stream has a quieter engine, quieter interior due to better factory insulation and a more comfortable suspension.

Seriously shocked me this is the quality for a 1.8 litre car.. my previous 7.5 year old small 1.5L Mitsubishi is better than the Wish.

I know I sure kanna bricks from Toyota loyalist but the Wish is really really bad.. I don’t understand why people will pick a Wish over similar MPV like Mazda5 or Honda Jade.

Due to this driving experience over the past days.. I think I wouldn’t be interested to buy Toyota

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am driving a 2 year old Toyota Wish as replacement car... absolutely feels thatâs itâs shit compared to a Honda vezel.

My friendâs 9 year old Honda stream has a quieter engine, quieter interior due to better factory insulation and a more comfortable suspension.

Seriously shocked me this is the quality for a 1.8 litre car.. my previous 7.5 year old small 1.5L Mitsubishi is better than the Wish.

I know I sure kanna bricks from Toyota loyalist but the Wish is really really bad.. I donât understand why people will pick a Wish over similar MPV like Mazda5 or Honda Jade.

Due to this driving experience over the past days.. I think I wouldnât be interested to buy Toyota ð¤£

U will get bashed for saying negative facts abt toyota. They r always very defensive abt this brand and I dont understand y.

Actually I find mazda 5 interior looks like crap, quite diff from the new series that they launch and the exterior also look so so.

As for wish, though the interior looks plain n boring, but I drove before, I find it quite ok la. For the standard model which is made in japan, selling at $108k which is quite competitive vs that thailand altis elegant $110k, its quite a good deal

• Praise 1

U will get bashed for saying negative facts abt toyota. They r always very defensive abt this brand and I dont understand y.

Actually I find mazda 5 interior looks like crap, quite diff from the new series that they launch and the exterior also look so so.

As for wish, though the interior looks plain n boring, but I drove before, I find it quite ok la. For the standard model which is made in japan, selling at $108k which is quite competitive vs that thailand altis elegant $110k, its quite a good deal

The only person doing any bashing is you bro.

Be it Toyota owners or even bystanders, the people who come and reply are those who can't understand or stand your persistent bashing of Toyota.

Let it go and enjoy your Mazda 3 - the best car in SG and JB too!

• Praise 2

The only person doing any bashing is you bro.

Be it Toyota owners or even bystanders, the people who come and reply are those who can't understand or stand your persistent bashing of Toyota.

Let it go and enjoy your Mazda 3 - the best car in SG and JB too!

R u sure is me only. Look at how many replies he got after saying negative things abt wish. So many members also post n kana dislike, this is a forum for ppl to post their opinions unless here is sponsor for toyota then I nothin to say.

Im diff from u, if that car is bad I will say it out, I wont blindly say everything good abt toyota. They have nice models too, like harrier n chr

I am driving a 2 year old Toyota Wish as replacement car... absolutely feels thatâs itâs shit compared to a Honda vezel.

My friendâs 9 year old Honda stream has a quieter engine, quieter interior due to better factory insulation and a more comfortable suspension.

I know I sure kanna bricks from Toyota loyalist but the Wish is really really bad.. I donât understand why people will pick a Wish over similar MPV like Mazda5 or Honda Jade.

Due to this driving experience over the past days.. I think I wouldnât be interested to buy Toyota ð¤£

I think the Wish platform, chassis and engine,etc, remains largely unchanged for more than 10 years. So can't compare to the newer cars.
  • Praise 1

Aiyo, for that price range, 7 seater cars you can count lah. badge cost a little more especially in Singapore. so at the same price braket, you must accept some compromise whether finishes or feature for that badge. 

• Praise 1

Aiyo, for that price range, 7 seater cars you can count lah. badge cost a little more especially in Singapore. so at the same price braket, you must accept some compromise whether finishes or feature for that badge.

Basically, what you pay is what you get.

true lah, they also did their market survey. price beyond expectations, ownself die first mah. 

so, beauty is in the eye of the owner, hahaha otherwise car cannot sell liao. i find the current civic tail light terrible, i am sure some say it is beautiful 

Hey guys, I have been driving the Toyota Wish for a week now. Drove it to KL today and back. I do apologise for my earlier harsh comments on the car which seems to be too harsh.

I got used to the car after maybe on the 4th day. Today took it up to NSHW and did a 700km drive on it between 100-140kmh, I’m surprised that it’s quite stable and Engine still can rev up some bit to maybe 170kmh I Guess (I didn’t try as it’s not my car so I don’t wanna take any risk with it).

The FC of the car is amazing though. Understanding that the first Q of the fuel indicator is usually very slow to slide down, it still took me 450km to reach the first 1/4 mark.. I’m sure I can easily do a SG to KL back to SG on a single tank. Maybe if I drive at 100-110kmh all the way, I’m not surprise if I can do 1000km for the 60L fuel tank.

Truly amazed at the Toyota FC. Good stuff

Hey guys, I have been driving the Toyota Wish for a week now. Drove it to KL today and back. I do apologise for my earlier harsh comments on the car which seems to be too harsh.

I got used to the car after maybe on the 4th day. Today took it up to NSHW and did a 700km drive on it between 100-140kmh, I’m surprised that it’s quite stable and Engine still can rev up some bit to maybe 170kmh I Guess (I didn’t try as it’s not my car so I don’t wanna take any risk with it).

The FC of the car is amazing though. Understanding that the first Q of the fuel indicator is usually very slow to slide down, it still took me 450km to reach the first 1/4 mark.. I’m sure I can easily do a SG to KL back to SG on a single tank. Maybe if I drive at 100-110kmh all the way, I’m not surprise if I can do 1000km for the 60L fuel tank.

Truly amazed at the Toyota FC. Good stuff

great that you have a changed perception of Toyota  [thumbsup]  i love the FC as well, although i don't mind pumping in MY haha...

Been seeing these cars a lot on the road this year.

1. Toyota Hilux

2. Toyota Corolla

3. Toyota Sienta

4. Kia Sportage

5. Toyota Rav4

6. Honda Vezel

7. Mazda CX-5

8. Mitsubishi Triton

9. Nisan Navara

10. Ford Ranger

Sure or not? I also didn't realize till I bought Mazda 3 then I saw so many PHV also Mazda 3 [sweatdrop] So I console myself, many means next time easy to find spare parts and more workshop [:p]

Sure or not? I also didn't realize till I bought Mazda 3 then I saw so many PHV also Mazda 3 [sweatdrop] So I console myself, many means next time easy to find spare parts and more workshop [:p]

Maz3 is a nice car but it is the PHV car at the moment. yellow Sienta, light blue Attrage, white Vezel all lose out to dark blue Maz3.

Maz3 is a nice car but it is the PHV car at the moment. yellow Sienta, light blue Attrage, white Vezel all lose out to dark blue Maz3.

maybe it was a typical saloon car and i didn't even notice till i bought. lucky i dont like blue hahaha those not into car, all saloon looks lime that lah. 

i mean look like that, same

At the beginning of the year, one could safely list the top ten cars with some ease, and even put some money on it.

But the policy changes, and the impeding VES tax has put paid to some of the earlier predictions.

Now the nett total sales figures will also depend on what is available for sale for the next two months.

As some companies wind down their sales, it's going to be hard to predict, but the traditional favorites will be there.

Some are sales supported by rapid Private Hire Car fleet expansions, such as the Mazda 3, Honda Vezel etc, others are fuelled by promotions such as the budget version of the 2017 Corolla.

So if you take out the PI sales, I think the top ten list will include:

- Corolla

- Mazda 3

- Merc C Class and E Class

- Kia K3

- Hyundai Elantra

Add some PI sales and you may see a few more Mercs, more Mazdas, and perhaps some other models..

At the beginning of the year, one could safely list the top ten cars with some ease, and even put some money on it.

But the policy changes, and the impeding VES tax has put paid to some of the earlier predictions.

Now the nett total sales figures will also depend on what is available for sale for the next two months.

As some companies wind down their sales, it's going to be hard to predict, but the traditional favorites will be there.

Some are sales supported by rapid Private Hire Car fleet expansions, such as the Mazda 3, Honda Vezel etc, others are fuelled by promotions such as the budget version of the 2017 Corolla.

- Corolla

- Mazda 3

- Kia K3

- Hyundai Elantra

Add some PI sales and you may see a few more Mercs, more Mazdas, and perhaps some other models..

bmw 5 series might be in the top 10 list as well now that the 520i is available. 

- Corolla

- Mazda 3

- Kia K3

- Hyundai Elantra

I think should take out PHV sales instead of PI sales.

It would give a fairer gauge.

↡ Advertisement