Healthway medical - the Sinking ship

Lala81

hahaha......hiv is high invitro right! No lah......my blood test lar.....nb!

:XD:

wow, thanks for heads up

jin power

can even add kids and family to see their records

mistress cannot hor...@staff69 ask me b4 :grin:

↡ Advertisement

Why this in MAkan icorner?

Kanna nakan?

Maybe got makan money? There are two questionable huge loan made out to 2 entity.

They are one of the more expensive neighborhood clinic.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/healthway-medical-faces-heat-over-contentious-loans

HMC was also forced to take a $21.6 million allowance for loans extended to a certain unrelated "Party B" that HMC declined to name until yesterday.

Party B is Wei Yi Shi Ye, a China-incorporated medical centre owner, with which HMC has a management contract.

A Straits Times search on China's company registration website found a firm called Shanghai Wei Yi Shi Ye. As of 2014, Chinese national Yang Zheng was its sole shareholder. Its sole executive director was Ms Jamie Fan Wei Zhi, the daughter of HMC co-founder and former executive chairman Fan Kow Hin.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

When I work in MNC, Healthway is on the approved list.

I think they charge my company a lot, but I didn't care at that time.

When I left the company, I went once to Healthway for a simple flu. Wah..the bill is $80.

That's the last time I go there.

Not surprised with this news then.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The EMRx platform allows for that but not sure if healthiest is on it

The central db allows for sharing of data and medical tests so that there is no need for repeat

You can see your own results thru healthub.sg using singpass if you had any test in public hospitals recently

How far back do records go?

Like that herpes medication you were given in your teens 20 years ago got display or not?

Asking for a friend....

• Praise 1

Doubt they would be on and theirs would still be in paper and legacy systems that would not be able to integrate into the HL7 infra

@lala81 and @vratenza can weigh in on this?

EMRx is old news. NEHR is what you should be talking about. I was involved in the design of a good part of the original version of this system with Ministry along with the user acceptance testing before it went live.

All public healthcare has read/write into NEHR.

About half the GPs have read access but don't send stuff there to the best of my knowledge.

No private hospital is linked up. Farrer Park supposed to be pilot to read/write but not done yet as far as I'm aware.

The old days of paper records are gone. Almost every institution has some form of EMR and most have LIS and RIS. All modern systems use HL7 with SNOMED/LOINC/ICD. No reason except money and effort why they shouldn't integrate. PDPA is easy to overcome with Ministry directive.

• Praise 4

I recall we discuss this on the stock thread before, the balance sheet showed that 50% of the asset where intangible made up of goodwill and branding  [laugh]  Next!

• Praise 1

Some Healthway clinics are actually doing well. It's not all just doom and gloom. Just that something up top must have bitten off more than they could chew, or even worse, is a rotten fruit.

I just hope everyone inside the organization, especially the clinic assistants, manages to get their due pay. For many of them, every dollar counts.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I have no inside info.

I never liked working for them as a locum ten years ago. Locumed some slots for them. But I found it too quiet and boring.

Some of my friends liked it cos many of the slots were really slap mosquito...

But not for me, since I was already thinking of being a gp full time anyway then. No learning value. I rather be busy than slap mosquitoes all the time. Though sometimes still take up one slot to relack jack lol.

This was the time when they expanded rapidly and probably overstretched themselves. They did try to trim the fat later on.

And I had a good friend who worked for them and left also. So just some of the tiagong stuff on operational matters.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

IS this consider a strike by to doctors of the seven clinic not to turn up to work on the same day? Looks coordinated to me Last time SMRT bus driver did that, trouble maker kenna jailed.  Last time Pilot did that, LKY got involved and revoke the PR of the some of them.

Used to visit them when under my co's panel docs.

They still use card and file sistem. But, doctor will also type on the ancient IBM PC on mechanical keyboard. :D

Don't pray pray, now all top end gamers use mechanical keyboard leh.

I personally can't take the noise made from the clicking.

When I work in MNC, Healthway is on the approved list.

I think they charge my company a lot, but I didn't care at that time.

When I left the company, I went once to Healthway for a simple flu. Wah..the bill is $80.

That's the last time I go there.

Not surprised with this news then.

Go Shenton group better?

IS this consider a strike by to doctors of the seven clinic not to turn up to work on the same day? Looks coordinated to me Last time SMRT bus driver did that, trouble maker kenna jailed.  Last time Pilot did that, LKY got involved and revoke the PR of the some of them.

If the Doctors or staff have not been paid, can't hold them accountable for not turning up for work. Don't think this is Gahment business as many other clinics around. If Gahment insists they work, then they need to give some assurance of payment to staff. Otherwise, can't blame staff since Healthway did not keep their end of the bargain.

• Praise 9

Supersonic

Go Shenton group better?

I just go to the local family doctor, where plenty of people queue.

Cheap and good.

Normal flu or infection, no need some specialize big health groups.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1