Healthway medical - the Sinking ship

Lala81

Think because of news that Global and a very rich Indo family or something have strong interest to buy over. Of course shares will go up.

Riady.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Actually got offer for hellway shares at 0. 042 dollar by gentle care undertaken by rhb.sharesholders muz decide to accept by 30 March. So when shares shot up to 0.046 a lot dump into open market, no need wait so long. As to why it shot up, I hv no idea.

Edited by Sabretan

some say BUY because Lippo buying up the shares 

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/lippo-linked-group-makes-s103m-offer-for-healthway-medical

So any possibility they can raise the sinking ship and convert it into a luxurious hospital cruise ship? 

Healthway was launched in 2008 at 36 cents per share, now only 4.5 cents, those who bought 100 lots at 36k would have lost more than 90% of the capital

Actually got offer for hellway shares at 0. 042 dollar by gentle care undertaken by rhb.sharesholders muz decide to accept by 30 March. So when shares shot up to 0.046 a lot dump into open market, no need wait so long. As to why it shot up, I hv no idea.

• Praise 11

Fully agree with your assessment!

I eat Jap food family restaurants very often since my kids have narrow taste buds and me and wife also like to eat. Ichiban, sushi tei, Genki repeat.

The last time I ate sakae, I still feel it's quite rubbish. Just above sushi express standard with Ichiban pricing.

Genki and Ichiban are one step above in quality. And tei is another small but significant step above these two. And that's why the lunch and dinner queues for tei are always the longest for all 3.

Healthway gives details of interim financing plan

Beleaguered clinic chain operator Healthway Medical Corp (HMC) remains at the centre of a takeover tussle after one party changed the terms of a lifeline.

HMC sought a trading halt before the market opened yesterday. After the close, it announced details of a proposed interim financing plan from Lippo China Resources, a unit of Lippo Group, to address its problems paying staff.

It had a cash balance of $527,000 at the end of last year, and requires $10.7 million for overdue salaries and debt by March 31.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/healthway-gives-details-of-interim-financing-plan

• Praise 2

Beleaguered clinic chain operator Healthway Medical Corp (HMC) remains at the centre of a takeover tussle after one party changed the terms of a lifeline.

HMC sought a trading halt before the market opened yesterday. After the close, it announced details of a proposed interim financing plan from Lippo China Resources, a unit of Lippo Group, to address its problems paying staff.

It had a cash balance of $527,000 at the end of last year, and requires $10.7 million for overdue salaries and debt by March 31.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/healthway-gives-details-of-interim-financing-plan

Wow, the 2 figures seem very far apart  [shocked]

• Praise 1

Wow, the 2 figures seem very far apart  [shocked]

Yeah, I doubt the business can generate cash fast enough so have to get external funds to cover the gap.

Should still be salvageable since medical is an essential service and they would not be in this situation if it were not for those loans in the first place.

Wow, the 2 figures seem very far apart [shocked]

10 million nia.....mcf richies can pool and buy them over...let all the doctors here become board member led by Radx or Turboflat as Chairman. MCF member gets free mc for every visit....

Supersonic

sorry doctors and nurses, you won't be paid.

probably not even enough to pay SP/PUB bills and rentals.

tough for the staff who are not paid and still continue working. actually we should salute them :a-good:

not easy if one has housing or car loans and mouths to feed 

Hopefully Lippo the white knight can solve their problems his month

Uncertainty is not good for those affected

• Praise 7

sorry doctors and nurses, you won't be paid.

probably not even enough to pay SP/PUB bills and rentals.

I haven't seen doctors being retrench or even risk being retrench all my life.

Most doctors have deep pockets so no need to worry la  :grin:

Healthway gets S$8.6m to pay doctors, suppliers

SINGAPORE — Healthway Medical Corp has received about S$8.6 million in funds from the first tranche of a convertible notes issue, allowing the debt-ridden clinic operator to pay arrears to its doctors, staff and suppliers by the end of the month.

Healthway, which runs Singapore’s largest chain of private clinics, said in a statement on Monday (March 27), it had received the initial net proceeds from the first tranche of its convertible notes issuance to Singapore-based private equity firm Gateway Partners valued at S$10 million.

Catalist-listed Healthway last week announced that it will issue convertible notes to Gateway for an aggregate principal amount of S$70 million in two tranches.

The issue of the second tranche comprising a principal amount of S$60 million is subject to shareholders’ approval at an extraordinary general meeting to be held by April 21.

Under the first tranche of the convertible notes issue, up to 295,508,274 conversion shares will be issued at a price of S$0.03384 each, representing a discount of 21.3 per cent from Friday’s closing price of S$0.043.

After deducting the upfront fee of S$1.4 million, Healthway received S$8.6 million from Gateway.

“Healthway will use the proceeds to fund immediate operational needs, including the settlement of salaries and other requirements. The proceeds will also support the restoration of normal payment schedules to its doctors and suppliers,” it said.

The convertible bonds carry no coupon and are redeemable at maturity at 100 per cent of the principal amount, plus a cash redemption premium payable upon maturity. If a default occurs, Gateway will receive 6 per cent of the internal rate of return on its principal, for the periods from the respective issue dates of both note tranches.

Founded in 1990, Healthway now owns, operates and manages almost 100 medical centres and clinics in Singapore. Recently, it became mired in financial difficulties after it wrote off doubtful loans made to an incubator of medical clinics in Singapore as well as to medical centres in China owned by an unrelated third party and managed by the group. As a result, Healthway was unable to pay its doctors and suppliers, leading to some of its clinics running out of medication.

Following Monday's announcement, Healthway shares fell 0.1 cent, or 2.3 per cent, to close at S$0.042 each, giving it a market capitalisation of about S$103.3 million.

http://www.todayonline.com/business/healthway-gets-s86m-pay-doctors-suppliers

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Healthway gets S$8.6m to pay doctors, suppliers

The convertible bonds carry no coupon and are redeemable at maturity at 100 per cent of the principal amount, plus a cash redemption premium payable upon maturity. If a default occurs, Gateway will receive 6 per cent of the internal rate of return on its principal, for the periods from the respective issue dates of both note tranches.

http://www.todayonline.com/business/healthway-gets-s86m-pay-doctors-suppliers

I don't understand this. If all goes well (so to say), the bonds are redeemed at maturity @ principal + premium. I have no idea how much that premium is.

But if Healthway defaults, it would mean they are not able to make good the redemption, ie no money to redeem. Then how is Gateway to receive the 6% IRR on its principal? Does it mean in such a case Healthway will kiss the principal amount good bye, and just get 6% IRR?

I don't understand this. If all goes well (so to say), the bonds are redeemed at maturity @ principal + premium. I have no idea how much that premium is.

But if Healthway defaults, it would mean they are not able to make good the redemption, ie no money to redeem. Then how is Gateway to receive the 6% IRR on its principal? Does it mean in such a case Healthway will kiss the principal amount good bye, and just get 6% IRR?

High risk high return loh, just like I don't dare to buy Citibank when it's at $1 -_- .

↡ Advertisement