Malaysia pin and pay

Lee Jik Lek

bros, siss.. anyone any idea if is possible to bypass the pin when pumping petrol in malaysia ?? just went jb pump petrol, put cc, ask for pin.. end up LL pass go to counter give card, pump and return to take back card.. troublesome.. counter staff said no choice..then next time makan how to pay if no pin ?? even in uk, china.. can just bypass entering pin... so why MY tak boleh ? any idea ? TIA

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

bros, siss.. anyone any idea if is possible to bypass the pin when pumping petrol in malaysia ?? just went jb pump petrol, put cc, ask for pin.. end up LL pass go to counter give card, pump and return to take back card.. troublesome.. counter staff said no choice..then next time makan how to pay if no pin ?? even in uk, china.. can just bypass entering pin... so why MY tak boleh ? any idea ? TIA

Chip and Pin is the way and only way in the future.

This is the most secured way. 

Boleh is ahead of many countries.

Singapore already has chip and pin but we all still prefer to sign.

Bank no choice. Let us win. Sooner or later, they will force us to use Pin only.

• Praise 1

I think something wrong with your card.

I going in next week and I can help test

for you if you give me your card.

:D

• Praise 1

Supercharged

actually this requirement begins early in 2017, which is a very good move.

We are actually using uob one Malaysia CC, each transaction, we got to enter the pin.

Sometime, for bigger dollar purchase, the bank would even call us to verify.

I salute Malaysia for this.

[thumbsup]

• Praise 3

I think something wrong with your card.

I going in next week and I can help test

for you if you give me your card.

Probably, card here, pls test. No pin ya. :)

post-178235-0-69641100-1489564993.png

Probably, card here, pls test. No pin ya. :)

Aiyah cannot show everybody lah.

Some people will take advantage

and misuse your card. 

Not everyone can be trusted like me.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Jamesc

Just back from M'sia trip with family yesterday and no issue with credit card transactions without pin. Just say no pin and good to transact. Same for China.

• Praise 1

I prefer PIN than signature.

Hardly anyone verify signature now and on those digital pen, no matter how you sign till totally out will also go through.

• Praise 1

Just back from M'sia trip with family yesterday and no issue with credit card transactions without pin. Just say no pin and good to transact. Same for China.

bro, i more refer the self-service kiosk at the pump.. it keep prompt pin.. just wondering anyway to bypass it since our card no pin.. don't know how to read malay instruction... go to counter/restaurant no problem lah.. just that don't quite like to leave the card to counter staff, pump, and return to charge, then walk back...to and fro...scarely the staff skim card, or said never receive/misplace card... else need to ask wifey standby jaga...

I prefer PIN than signature.

Hardly anyone verify signature now and on those digital pen, no matter how you sign till totally out will also go through.

my son sign for me nowaday..draw turtle also noboday care... as long is chip card here, signature bo ba kei... so if card lost, drop, immediately call police/bank..else sure liable..

bro, i more refer the self-service kiosk at the pump.. it keep prompt pin.. just wondering anyway to bypass it since our card no pin.. don't know how to read malay instruction... go to counter/restaurant no problem lah.. just that don't quite like to leave the card to counter staff, pump, and return to charge, then walk back...to and fro...scarely the staff skim card, or said never receive/misplace card... else need to ask wifey standby jaga...

my son sign for me nowaday..draw turtle also noboday care... as long is chip card here, signature bo ba kei... so if card lost, drop, immediately call police/bank..else sure liable..

Don't really understand. I pump petrol in Malaysia with maybank card. No PIN. I just tell the attendant I pay inside and he will inform the staff to activate the pump.

I then pump the petrol. After that I go in and at the counter swipe and sign my credit card. So there is no need to leave your card with anyone.

Usually pump at shell. Because shell pump nozzle easy to control can pump to brim hahah

Don't really understand. I pump petrol in Malaysia with maybank card. No PIN. I just tell the attendant I pay inside and he will inform the staff to activate the pump.

I then pump the petrol. After that I go in and at the counter swipe and sign my credit card. So there is no need to leave your card with anyone.

Usually pump at shell. Because shell pump nozzle easy to control can pump to brim hahah

ok bro.. i usually leave cash/card at counter when no attendant..but still prefer the self service.. probably these will be the way to go till our card also have pin, or their terminal allow to bypass... tks

In Malaysia, I always use cash. Not a big spender generally maximum I have paid is for a few nights of hotel stay at about RM1.5K. No need suffer adverse exchange rate and worry about credit card frauds  [;)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3