The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part II

RadX

Reminded me if the article about the South Korea "Old people working till death"

Bro Atonchia,

Good Day.

The problem lies within our modernisation concepts and perspectives with regard capitalism.

Moralism values had been discarded in the past  250 years ago for modernisation values, had been taken over by terms of capitalism, competitions and rivalry.

Animal such as the black crow who are pest of many peoples disgustedly hates preying on dead meats in unhygienic transmission of diseases are the bird that I respect whole heartedly without doubts.

Crows are the only type of animal who cares feeding and defending their older crow such as their parents crow when they grow up strong flying around but will return to their old home nest that had grown them up.

These values is utmost positive values worth human beings to learns about the basic moralism teachings in "be filial" to live morally in our lives.

When I meet a youngster who disrespect or disgusting older folks, I will confront them and ask them seriously... "would you grow old one day ?" and...if they dares to talk back with me ? I will Fxxk them upside down without hesitation.

Edited by 2BDriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I am English educated but parent nurture me in traditional studies at home, no matter what parents are? There is a close kinship that would bond between us.

å¼å­è§ ãããç¶å­æ亲

èªå·±æ¥ æ²¡ä¹±æ¥ æ¨æ¾å¿

I agree with you completely but many of us have not been tested.

Many of us would say we are willing to die for our parents / siblings / spouse / children but when we really have to do it is a different matter altogether.

If so many are so filial to take care of their parents well I am encouraged but the truth is our old age homes cannot meet demands.

I also believe there is a social and cultural element involved. Families place hope and give the best to their children and the elderly often make the sacrifice. Perhaps we should try and change that mindset that everyone in the family is equally important, not just the next generation but also our elderly parents and grandparents who had made sacrifices.

Socially, there is a need to recognize our old folks. Why have their salary cut and cpf contributions cut when they continue to work past retirement. Our authorities encouraging us to send our old folks to JB is not helping either. We know long distant relationship seldom work.

Edited by Still2016
  • Praise 5

open in private estate so stressed, so many kopitiam below hdb blocks nobody complaints  :D

​Ya, goverment should hack care them la. This one also want government to step in. Cannt keep government step in everything... Haiz..

I am looking forward to the day euthanasia is legal. I don't want to be a burden to my family. At least can go with some respect. Just cremate me and throw my ashes into the sea.

You have my vote! We are unnecessarily extending our natural life span for the benefit of the medical / pharmaceutical industry driving up unnecessary costs, resources Which should be put to better use.
  • Praise 1

You have my vote! We are unnecessarily extending our natural life span for the benefit of the medical / pharmaceutical industry driving up unnecessary costs, resources Which should be put to better use.

Imagine if all the resources and money spend on creating killing machines were diverted to human well being. Our earth would then be heaven on earth.
  • Praise 7

I am looking forward to the day euthanasia is legal. I don't want to be a burden to my family. At least can go with some respect. Just cremate me and throw my ashes into the sea.

Yes. Waiting for that too..... 

Pointless to live but not live.

I think it is about quality of life.

If I can extend my life and maintain the same quality of life then it should be up to me (and big pharma). But if I extend my life only to lie on a bed moaning, then why should I do it?

BTW, old man claims he signed a DNR (or whatever it is called in SG) then why did we still see him on life support?

Edited by Kusje

Imagine if all the resources and money spend on creating killing machines were diverted to human well being. Our earth would then be heaven on earth.

Imagine....it's easy if you try.

Edited by Leinad8919
  • Praise 4

yishun again!!!!!!!

my abandoned labbit i brought back home was at a yishun open air car park. It was eating the grass the grew from the car park.

• Praise 9

Many siao lang there.

I think I should agree with you.  I saw my friend staying in Yishun posted on her fb commenting that all her neighbours are siao lang.  Scolding her whenever he passed by her flat and another one pour urine on the corridor.  She shifted to her Yishun resale flat few years ago only.

• Praise 2

Bro Atonchia,

Good Day.

The problem lies within our modernisation concepts and perspectives with regard capitalism.

Moralism values had been discarded in the past 250 years ago for modernisation values, had been taken over by terms of capitalism, competitions and rivalry.

Animal such as the black crow who are pest of many peoples disgustedly hates preying on dead meats in unhygienic transmission of diseases are the bird that I respect whole heartedly without doubts.

Crows are the only type of animal who cares feeding and defending their older crow such as their parents crow when they grow up strong flying around but will return to their old home nest that had grown them up.

These values is utmost positive values worth human beings to learns about the basic moralism teachings in "be filial" to live morally in our lives.

When I meet a youngster who disrespect or disgusting older folks, I will confront them and ask them seriously... "would you grow old one day ?" and...if they dares to talk back with me ? I will Fxxk them upside down without hesitation.

Yes I agree on the erosion of societal values.

And South Korea pride herself of being fundamentally Confucian. Where values like filial piety are uphold and taking care of parents is main criteria.

This is also similar trend in Singapore. Younger generation lament high cost of living, adore a materialistic lifestyle thus many of those self-esteem needs are regarded as physiological needs, feeding many brand houses with huge revenue and profits and caring of others become secondary, including own parents.

Of course there are those financially constraints families that has difficulty on self sustenance, thus also ignoring the elderly.

I do see my generation having the same issue in the future.

There will always be people falling behind the economic curve, unable to catch up with technological skill sets and eventually become redundant.

The current elderly generation of many Asian cities were in the same trend, built the old economy from war torn status, but were unable to catch up with the rising cost when the new economy progress, leaving them with low wage that only allow daily sustenance.

I see the future not requiring drivers, teachers, General practitioners and many more like we no longer see rickshaws driver, shoe polisher, newspaper vendors on the street. Because jobs get replaced and the skill sets is mismatched with new jobs designation.

These issues requires a governmental and social effort to work in the same direct to ensure those fallen behind gets job and remain productive, able to save up a retirement fund or continue working in a non-laborious job.

RIP.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/man-dies-after-being-hit-by-train-at-fajar-lrt-station

SINGAPORE - A man died after he was hit by a train on the Bukit Panjang LRT early Friday (March 24) morning.

The Straits Times understands that the man had fallen onto the track at Fajar Station around 1am.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it received a call for assistance at 1.05am and sent one fire engine and one ambulance.

"A male Chinese was pronounced dead at scene by paramedics," SCDF said.

While many residents said they did not notice anything unusual last night, some heard noises from the station.

"I heard a scratching noise and a boom around 1am, but I thought it was just workers working," said domestic helper Ms Asrotulida, who goes by one name.

"I didn't look to see what happened, and went back to sleep as it was late," said the 30-year-old, who lives near the station. "Sometimes, there is noise due to the works downstairs."

When ST visited Fajar station on Friday morning, services appeared to be operating as per normal.

ST has reached out to the police and SMRT, which operates the LRT, for more details.

This is not the first fatality on the LRT line, which opened in 1999.

In 2000, Mr See Chau Lai, a hawker assistant, died after he was hit by a train near Jelapang Station of the same LRT line. A coroner's inquiry found that he walked along the tracks after having too much to drink.

That was the first fatality since the Bukit Panjang LRT started operations.

In 2010, a LRT technician died of injuries sustained after being hit by a train at Phoenix Station. Mr Chia Teck Heng was checking the power rail between Phoenix and Bukit Panjang stations.

This month, SMRT Trains was fined a record $400,000 for a fatal accident on March 22 last year, when two trainees were hit by a train shortly after they stepped onto the tracks.

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 1

Must life centre around making money to survive? 知足长乐

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/jobless-man-killed-wife-before-leaping-to-his-death

Jobless so wat... cannot sell house downgrade etc to survive??

useless pr*ck

I think society puts too much emphasis on face and wealth.

If I lose my job in middle management and have to be a

delivery driver everyone dun run away and treat me as

invisible hor. That's why I never put emphasis on how rich

or successful people are. I just like people that tell dirty jokes.  [thumbsup]

:D  

• Praise 6

or successful people are. I just like people that tell dirty jokes. [thumbsup]

要拿得起, 放得下

Must be able to withstand pressure

Must be able to let go of psychological baggage

• Praise 2

or successful people are. I just like people that tell dirty jokes.  [thumbsup]

Hahaha so stressful...merserdy thread bcums haolian thread liao [laugh]

Wanna release stress, just click on it at Conti and see the drama unfold...

Oh oh...not forgetting popcorn and coke [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2