• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic | 61 praises

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

Recently I replaced the front speakers to aftermarket and added an sub to the original Mazda Bose System. The result was sure better off than the original bose system. Now I am considering adding on an amp to power the new front speaker but was told by the workshop that as the built in was a bose amp, it requires an amp with built in processor which is rather costly. If using normal 4 channel amp to power the fronts, the result coulbe be worst than current stage.

Anyone who have converted their Mazda Bose System could share your valuable experience and set up here?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

Carforlife
  • Carforlife
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

Recently I replaced the front speakers to aftermarket and added an sub to the original Mazda Bose System. The result was sure better off than the original bose system. Now I am considering adding on an amp to power the new front speaker but was told by the workshop that as the built in was a bose amp, it requires an amp with built in processor which is rather costly. If using normal 4 channel amp to power the fronts, the result coulbe be worst than current stage.

Anyone who have converted their Mazda Bose System could share your valuable experience and set up here?

Hi, original Mazda 6 Bose system so bad ? I only realized 2X back speakers are sooo small....

I am not good in audio, I am using Altis Gen 10 original audio system (should be Panasonic)..

I consider good sound to me...

Ya.. while test drive, connect with my I-phone for music.... Not really impress... Ai...

Awaiting my new car...

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    6th Gear
    Author Image

im a noob in car entertainment,

but did you tune/setup when u installed/upgraded your entertainment system?

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Original bose system is lacking in bass. After installing a pair of focal three way + underseat active sub the SQ improved but somehow felt that the focal speaker is under driven for its better potential with the original bose amp hence thinking of adding some juice to it.

The tuning of the original mazda sound system is pity limited - treble/bass and fade/balance. Nothing much to play around with. Haha.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Qaz20
  • Premium member
    Qaz20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Original bose system is lacking in bass. After installing a pair of focal three way + underseat active sub the SQ improved but somehow felt that the focal speaker is under driven for its better potential with the original bose amp hence thinking of adding some juice to it.

The tuning of the original mazda sound system is pity limited - treble/bass and fade/balance. Nothing much to play around with. Haha.

Bro, for <2k, i can recommend something that can improve your sound by leaps...

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Bro, for <2k, i can recommend something that can improve your sound by leaps...

Will be good if you can let me know your suggestion bro. I was offered to install a dsp+amp integrated but its is going to cost me >$2k but <$3k

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

Qaz20
  • Premium member
    Qaz20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Will be good if you can let me know your suggestion bro. I was offered to install a dsp+amp integrated but its is going to cost me >$2k but <$3k

Bro, it's kind of the same thing.. But getting the right person to do it will have big difference. PM me..

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Haha bro.. sorry i am looking for advise here. Not looking for installer.. hope you dont mind.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

Jeffreylimtl
  • Jeffreylimtl
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Our new Mazda 6 have a few restrictions with regards to sound quality upgrades. The only hardware which I brought over from my previous car was my Flux reference 3-way speakers. As our new cars have a Bose processor for the in-built head unit I have to get an external Helix DSP MK2 with in-built 6 channels amp to power up my speakers.

Our in-built head unit also compromises on the SQ and thus I am suggesting not to spend too much on speakers.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.png
  • image.png

dcb praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Budgetice
  • Budgetice
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Haha bro.. sorry i am looking for advise here. Not looking for installer.. hope you dont mind.

Look around, theres couple of very good packages available with processors..

Think once u listen to some of those speakers..u might asked yourself why didnt I change the bose long ago.
be thankful... and life will be beautiful

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Our new Mazda 6 have a few restrictions with regards to sound quality upgrades. The only hardware which I brought over from my previous car was my Flux reference 3-way speakers. As our new cars have a Bose processor for the in-built head unit I have to get an external Helix DSP MK2 with in-built 6 channels amp to power up my speakers. And also i saw a RF amp beside. That is for sub?

Our in-built head unit also compromises on the SQ and thus I am suggesting not to spend too much on speakers.

Bro may i know how much u paid for the helix ? Shop recommended Mosconi is way too high above my budget. And also i saw a RF amp beside is it for sub?

Edited by Jackwolf, 28 March 2017 - 09:22 AM.

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

Jeffreylimtl
  • Jeffreylimtl
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Bro may i know how much u paid for the helix ? Shop recommended Mosconi is way too high above my budget. And also i saw a RF amp beside is it for sub?

Actually I have forgotten how much I paid for my Helix. Yes my RF amp is for my sub. You going more on Clarity or Loud? 2-way or 3-way? Tuner? For tuning I would suggest to go for more reputable ones such Cartoon, Roy etc...

Suggest Helix over Mosconi.....

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Koster
  • Premium member
    Koster
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Interesting discussion! I find the Mazda Bose system is lacking as well. My previous 4 Ch setup <$2k sounds better

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Actually I have forgotten how much I paid for my Helix. Yes my RF amp is for my sub. You going more on Clarity or Loud? 2-way or 3-way? Tuner? For tuning I would suggest to go for more reputable ones such Cartoon, Roy etc...

Suggest Helix over Mosconi.....

I just hope to get something more clarity and of course, without having to almost max the volume knob..

Current have the focal 3 way kx3 and a pioneer under seat sub.. am looking at the helix as it seems more within my budget.. there is really not much choice of amp with dsp around.

Interesting discussion! I find the Mazda Bose system is lacking as well. My previous 4 Ch setup <$2k sounds better

Care to share your set up?

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Koster
  • Premium member
    Koster
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I just hope to get something more clarity and of course, without having to almost max the volume knob..

Current have the focal 3 way kx3 and a pioneer under seat sub.. am looking at the helix as it seems more within my budget.. there is really not much choice of amp with dsp around.
Care to share your set up?

4Ch A/D/S amp to drive front component Focal speakers and a Focal Subwoofer. It's been quite some time and I cant remember the exact model

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

Koster
  • Premium member
    Koster
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Has anyone else upgraded the bose system? Backside itchy now and looking for ideas 😁

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Has anyone else upgraded the bose system? Backside itchy now and looking for ideas ð

if budget is limited. try just add in a underseat sub and see if it brighten the sound to your satisfaction. i should have do that in the first place instead of also upgrading the front speaker. ha.

Also, i realise that when connected to a portable DAP via the AuX, the sound is better. only problem is i have to use the DAP to do the selection of song.
Patwong praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Koster
  • Premium member
    Koster
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

if budget is limited. try just add in a underseat sub and see if it brighten the sound to your satisfaction. i should have do that in the first place instead of also upgrading the front speaker. ha.

Also, i realise that when connected to a portable DAP via the AuX, the sound is better. only problem is i have to use the DAP to do the selection of song.

Thanks bro. Bose system already has a subwoofer in the boot. Can the amp drive 2 subwoofers? Perhaps u can add another amp to drive your new speakers (if it could be done)?

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

Jackwolf
  • Jackwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro. Bose system already has a subwoofer in the boot. Can the amp drive 2 subwoofers? Perhaps u can add another amp to drive your new speakers (if it could be done)?

depending on model. for my mazda 6 there is no sub. i have consider adding in an amp to the upgraded front speaker but it probably will cost a bomb to me as i will also need to add in a dsp also. hence since i have drop the idea.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

Koster
  • Premium member
    Koster
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

depending on model. for my mazda 6 there is no sub. i have consider adding in an amp to the upgraded front speaker but it probably will cost a bomb to me as i will also need to add in a dsp also. hence since i have drop the idea.

I see. Thanks bro. Always thought all bose system be it mazda, renault, infiniti are the same. So i am wrong.

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Audison APBX 10 DS

Audison APBX 10 DS  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Acegem84  |  1st Gear

Small in size but packed with a punch!

Bought this recently and traded in my big old bulky woofer (Hertz HX 300D) due to boot space constrant. The performance is just as good as having my HX 300D but way smaller in size while im able to load in my baby pram!

Ground Zero GZTW 20TX

Ground Zero GZTW 20TX  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by KanyeEast  |  Neutral Newbie

Worth the buying

Awesome product. Exactly what I was looking for in a sub though it’S a little too expensive. Had it for about a month now, no problems. Worth the buying.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Speakers, Woofer

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: mazda , bose , system , upgrade , speakers , woofer

Tags: mazda, bose, system, upgrade and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users