Mazda Bose System upgrade

Jackwolf

Hi guys,

Recently I replaced the front speakers to aftermarket and added an sub to the original Mazda Bose System. The result was sure better off than the original bose system. Now I am considering adding on an amp to power the new front speaker but was told by the workshop that as the built in was a bose amp, it requires an amp with built in processor which is rather costly. If using normal 4 channel amp to power the fronts, the result coulbe be worst than current stage.

Anyone who have converted their Mazda Bose System could share your valuable experience and set up here?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi guys,

Recently I replaced the front speakers to aftermarket and added an sub to the original Mazda Bose System. The result was sure better off than the original bose system. Now I am considering adding on an amp to power the new front speaker but was told by the workshop that as the built in was a bose amp, it requires an amp with built in processor which is rather costly. If using normal 4 channel amp to power the fronts, the result coulbe be worst than current stage.

Anyone who have converted their Mazda Bose System could share your valuable experience and set up here?

Hi, original Mazda 6 Bose system so bad ? I only realized 2X back speakers are sooo small....

I am not good in audio, I am using Altis Gen 10 original audio system (should be Panasonic)..

I consider good sound to me...

Ya.. while test drive, connect with my I-phone for music.... Not really impress... Ai...

Awaiting my new car...

Original bose system is lacking in bass. After installing a pair of focal three way + underseat active sub the SQ improved but somehow felt that the focal speaker is under driven for its better potential with the original bose amp hence thinking of adding some juice to it.

The tuning of the original mazda sound system is pity limited - treble/bass and fade/balance. Nothing much to play around with. Haha.

Original bose system is lacking in bass. After installing a pair of focal three way + underseat active sub the SQ improved but somehow felt that the focal speaker is under driven for its better potential with the original bose amp hence thinking of adding some juice to it.

The tuning of the original mazda sound system is pity limited - treble/bass and fade/balance. Nothing much to play around with. Haha.

Bro, for <2k, i can recommend something that can improve your sound by leaps...

Bro, for <2k, i can recommend something that can improve your sound by leaps...

Will be good if you can let me know your suggestion bro. I was offered to install a dsp+amp integrated but its is going to cost me >$2k but <$3k

Will be good if you can let me know your suggestion bro. I was offered to install a dsp+amp integrated but its is going to cost me >$2k but <$3k

Bro, it's kind of the same thing.. But getting the right person to do it will have big difference. PM me..

Our new Mazda 6 have a few restrictions with regards to sound quality upgrades. The only hardware which I brought over from my previous car was my Flux reference 3-way speakers. As our new cars have a Bose processor for the in-built head unit I have to get an external Helix DSP MK2 with in-built 6 channels amp to power up my speakers.

Our in-built head unit also compromises on the SQ and thus I am suggesting not to spend too much on speakers.

post-180092-0-73817700-1490620203_thumb.png

post-180092-0-01135000-1490620221_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Haha bro.. sorry i am looking for advise here. Not looking for installer.. hope you dont mind.

Look around, theres couple of very good packages available with processors..

Think once u listen to some of those speakers..u might asked yourself why didnt I change the bose long ago.

(edited)

Our new Mazda 6 have a few restrictions with regards to sound quality upgrades. The only hardware which I brought over from my previous car was my Flux reference 3-way speakers. As our new cars have a Bose processor for the in-built head unit I have to get an external Helix DSP MK2 with in-built 6 channels amp to power up my speakers. And also i saw a RF amp beside. That is for sub?

Our in-built head unit also compromises on the SQ and thus I am suggesting not to spend too much on speakers.

Bro may i know how much u paid for the helix ? Shop recommended Mosconi is way too high above my budget. And also i saw a RF amp beside is it for sub? Edited by Jackwolf

Bro may i know how much u paid for the helix ? Shop recommended Mosconi is way too high above my budget. And also i saw a RF amp beside is it for sub?

Actually I have forgotten how much I paid for my Helix. Yes my RF amp is for my sub. You going more on Clarity or Loud? 2-way or 3-way? Tuner? For tuning I would suggest to go for more reputable ones such Cartoon, Roy etc...

Suggest Helix over Mosconi.....

Interesting discussion! I find the Mazda Bose system is lacking as well. My previous 4 Ch setup <$2k sounds better

Actually I have forgotten how much I paid for my Helix. Yes my RF amp is for my sub. You going more on Clarity or Loud? 2-way or 3-way? Tuner? For tuning I would suggest to go for more reputable ones such Cartoon, Roy etc...

Suggest Helix over Mosconi.....

I just hope to get something more clarity and of course, without having to almost max the volume knob..

Current have the focal 3 way kx3 and a pioneer under seat sub.. am looking at the helix as it seems more within my budget.. there is really not much choice of amp with dsp around.

Interesting discussion! I find the Mazda Bose system is lacking as well. My previous 4 Ch setup <$2k sounds better

Care to share your set up?

I just hope to get something more clarity and of course, without having to almost max the volume knob..

Current have the focal 3 way kx3 and a pioneer under seat sub.. am looking at the helix as it seems more within my budget.. there is really not much choice of amp with dsp around.

Care to share your set up?

4Ch A/D/S amp to drive front component Focal speakers and a Focal Subwoofer. It's been quite some time and I cant remember the exact model

Has anyone else upgraded the bose system? Backside itchy now and looking for ideas ð

if budget is limited. try just add in a underseat sub and see if it brighten the sound to your satisfaction. i should have do that in the first place instead of also upgrading the front speaker. ha.

Also, i realise that when connected to a portable DAP via the AuX, the sound is better. only problem is i have to use the DAP to do the selection of song.

• Praise 2

if budget is limited. try just add in a underseat sub and see if it brighten the sound to your satisfaction. i should have do that in the first place instead of also upgrading the front speaker. ha.

Also, i realise that when connected to a portable DAP via the AuX, the sound is better. only problem is i have to use the DAP to do the selection of song.

Thanks bro. Bose system already has a subwoofer in the boot. Can the amp drive 2 subwoofers? Perhaps u can add another amp to drive your new speakers (if it could be done)?
↡ Advertisement