Mazda Bose System upgrade

Jackwolf

Doesn’t seems like there enough space under the passenger Mazda 6 car. Do u have photos of ur installation?

Hi, I am using Nakamichi NBF618A.

It fitted nicely below the slot of passenger seat.

No protrude portion.

But off course passenger cant tuck their feet underneath.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, I am using Nakamichi NBF618A.

It fitted nicely below the slot of passenger seat.

No protrude portion.

But off course passenger cant tuck their feet underneath.

Great. Is it consider as an active sub? The bass has improve? Maybe I drop by Soon Lee to seek advice. Thanks for advice.

Thanks! Tick already but still very faint bass from the active sub. Maybe I should just remove it cos no audible difference. Is your installation worth it?

Yap. More "mid-range bass" (Is the term correct?)

Yap. More "mid-range bass" (Is the term correct?)

Thanks. My piooner active sub should be working but dunnno y cannot complement the Bose speakers. I shall look at your option. :)

Hi Bros. Recently gotten a 2017 Mazda 6 and it comes with the 11-speaker Bose system. I have a piooner active subwoofer that I transferred from my old car. Installed it but realised that the bass / power from the active sub is not at its usual. Its like its underpowered. The active sub was working well with my previous humble focal speaker set up but not sure why is it not working as usual now. Any Bros can advise? It is because my installler (usual all in one workshop kind) did not install correctly or it’s a matter of non compatible with the Bose system.

You can try adjusting the gain of your subwoofer. I actually adjusted mine downwards as I find it too powerful. It is a tiny knob at the side of my subwoofer.

Edited by andrewyewkc
  • Praise 2

You can try adjusting the gain of your subwoofer. I actually adjusted mine downwards as I find it too powerful. It is a tiny knob at the side of my subwoofer.

My Pioneer TS-WX120A Active Subwoofer has a remote to control the gain. Put to max but the bass is puny. Haiz. Dunno how now. This Pioneer set is not bad with 150w power. I scare when I change to another brand, the same thing happen. But doesn’t seem to happen to Bros here.

Update - went to my usual workshop and tested on nikamichi active subwoofer. The nikamichi active sub woofer is able to produce strong bass due to its manual setting on the woofer itself. Changed to nikamichi immediately. Downside is that this set is slightly bigger but able to fit under the driver seat. Back passenger with big feet will not be able to tuck his feet inside. :)

• Praise 2

"Adjust the gain of subwoofer".I learned some phrase.

Thanks.

Update - went to my usual workshop and tested on nikamichi active subwoofer. The nikamichi active sub woofer is able to produce strong bass due to its manual setting on the woofer itself. Changed to nikamichi immediately. Downside is that this set is slightly bigger but able to fit under the driver seat. Back passenger with big feet will not be able to tuck his feet inside. :)

Thanks for updates.

Good day,

Would appreciate if any owner can advise the size & shape of the front and rear speakers.

Am expecting delivery of standard version without Bose.

Hope can use back current set from Mz5.

Cheers!

The Mazda Bose system is not easy to upgrade unless you connect a digital sound processor (DSP) which costs about 1k. If you just upgrade the speakers and amp without the DSP, the result may be worse than the original Bose setup. It is not just plug and play. You also need to get an expert to tune the DSP to your liking.

I have 2 sets of relatively new Rainbow speakers and Rainbow Beat 4 Amp which I de-kit from my previous ride but I'm quite hesitant to install it in my current ride as I'm afraid the outcome might be worse than the original. The current Bose in the Mazda 6 is actually quite good. My only complaint is the lack of bass. Any suggestions ? 

The Mazda Bose system is not easy to upgrade unless you connect a digital sound processor (DSP) which costs about 1k. If you just upgrade the speakers and amp without the DSP, the result may be worse than the original Bose setup. It is not just plug and play. You also need to get an expert to tune the DSP to your liking.

I have 2 sets of relatively new Rainbow speakers and Rainbow Beat 4 Amp which I de-kit from my previous ride but I'm quite hesitant to install it in my current ride as I'm afraid the outcome might be worse than the original. The current Bose in the Mazda 6 is actually quite good. My only complaint is the lack of bass. Any suggestions ?

add an underseat sub.. there’s about it.. if i can turn back the clock, i would have just do this and omit the speaker upgrade. And save alot of money.
  • Praise 2

add an underseat sub.. there’s about it.. if i can turn back the clock, i would have just do this and omit the speaker upgrade. And save alot of money.

Are you driving the Mazda 6? No problems with getting the active sub to work with the Bose system?

No problem, just need to tap the signal from somewhere as the active sub has a built-in amplifier.

No problem, just need to tap the signal from somewhere as the active sub has a built-in amplifier.

All working well now... as my previous post... just find it weird that my Bose system cannot even match my wife’s car stock no brand system. Guess my Bose does not have a sub.

• Praise 2

(edited)

installer will tap the speaker line into the low input of the active sub to get the audio signal.

the original bose system although is not that great but generally for non audiophile the SQ is quite acceptable. adding in a sub helps to blend in and you will find much improvement. hope you enjoy the new sound!

one thing funny about mazda 6 is the lack of sub. My BIL is driving a CX-3 with bose system and it comes with one. Not sure about its SQ though.

Edited by Jackwolf
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1