Random Pics Of Your Car

From Toyota Picnic to Mazda Biante ....  [drivingcar]  [drivingcar]  [drivingcar]

@tianmo is Vice President

you are Sweet Gals Manager?   [thumbsup]

i wanna join this comedy committee

• Praise 1

The difference an engine cover makes

Is this Nissan QQ 1.2 Turbo?? Not only does the engine cover makes a difference, your ultra racing strut bar also makes the engine look different.  [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

fellow mondeo owner, rare to see 1 here. nice background btw

I have seen your car before!

F7i0Nix.png

• Praise 2

Its a sylphy. 

post-26187-0-05052500-1489888459_thumb.j

Is this Nissan QQ 1.2 Turbo?? Not only does the engine cover makes a difference, your ultra racing strut bar also makes the engine look different.  [thumbsup]

I often take photos of my cars in certain locations, either just for fun or to remember the place. I have, and know how to operate, a DSLR, but I am far from a good photographer. I seldom take the time to bother about proper composition and often shoot on auto mode. But this thread is about random pics, not about photographic excellence, so here are my humble contributions.

This is my very first car, a 1994 Mazda 323, which I bought back in 2008 when I was still living in Hong Kong full time. I bought it at HK$6500 (about SG$1,200 at today's exchange rate). It has served me very faithfully and I still own it today; I use it whenever I go back to Hong Kong, and my friend uses it when I'm not there. I don't always take photos of it because the bodywork isn't nice, but who cares because I use it mainly to visit far-flung rural areas where the terrain can be extremely rough.

post-25491-0-25721700-1490080467.jpg

post-25491-0-65568100-1490080476.jpg

In 2009, I bought my second car, a 1993 Y31 Nissan Cedric. This car had a diesel engine and had an old-fashioned column shifter! This car also served me well for 5 years, and I finally sold it in 2014 because I had returned to Singapore by then, though I still go back to Hong Kong almost every couple of months. I still miss this car daily; it was far from being sporty or exciting but gave me a very different driving experience.

My two cars together. My Cedric is identical to the taxi next to it, except that the taxi has an automatic transmission and an LPG engine.

post-25491-0-83134500-1490080491.jpg

More pics of the Cedric. I took lots more photos because the bodywork was in great condition and I kept it so throughout the time I owned it.

post-25491-0-35997900-1490081671_thumb.jpg

post-25491-0-27691200-1490081616_thumb.jpg

post-25491-0-10263600-1490080695_thumb.jpg

My current car in Singapore. Saved up close to 9 years for this, and renewed the COE last year. Will keep this car for as long as I can; already saving towards the next COE!

post-25491-0-84760300-1490081380_thumb.jpg

Finally, last year, I bought another Nissan Cedric in Hong Kong last year. Unlike my first Cedric, this was a newer petrol-engined version, a 1997 Y33 Brougham VIP edition, with a 3 litre V6 engine! I bought this car at less than S$600, and together with 4 month's road tax and insurance, paid less than SG$1000 to use it for 4 months! The reason why it was so cheap was because the inspection was due after 4 months. The annual inspection in HK is far more of a pain than it is here, so many people change cars before the inspection is due, and sell cars very cheaply. The car looked quite good except for a slight dent on the right hand fender area due to a careless tow truck (which also forced the owner to replace the bonnet with a white one at short notice). Just wanted to try something different, so I bought it on a whim, enjoyed it for the full four months and then scrapped it. The last pic was taken on the day the tow truck came to take it away. It was a really long car but handled well and was easy to maneuver due to a great turning radius, and was really luxurious and powerful for a car of its age. Really a pity to scrap it, though this was the only way I could have afforded to try out such a car at least once.

post-25491-0-58426000-1490081824_thumb.jpg

post-25491-0-99840400-1490081832_thumb.jpg

post-25491-0-41215700-1490081841_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bicolor
  • Praise 16

Turbocharged

wow thats my car!! Was this in serangoon north? There's one grey mondeo. Are you the owner?

could be anywhere :secret-laugh:

Recognized your rims.

qONVm9U.png

• Praise 2

could be anywhere :secret-laugh:

Recognized your rims.

qONVm9U.png

mine came with tiny 16inch rims, so changed to 18". 

Haha there are not many mondeo in sg, i probably seen your car before too.

Supercharged

A couple of interior shots.

33140791590_c9ddefeb16_o.jpg

33524714125_dce6c785f4_o.jpg

This shot was meant for watch forums actually but still can use for the theme here, lol.

13550820404_29a588a65d_o.jpg

wah, I think your car windscreen/solar film has low UV rejection.

It darken the cabin but the UV lights up the luminous material on the dial and hands.

• Praise 1

Thats why I chose the word random pics, to encourage more participations :)

Good for you, can try other cars for cheap in other countries.

I often take photos of my cars in certain locations, either just for fun or to remember the place. I have, and know how to operate, a DSLR, but I am far from a good photographer. I seldom take the time to bother about proper composition and often shoot on auto mode. But this thread is about random pics, not about photographic excellence, so here are my humble contributions.

This is my very first car, a 1994 Mazda 323, which I bought back in 2008 when I was still living in Hong Kong full time. I bought it at HK$6500 (about SG$1,200 at today's exchange rate). It has served me very faithfully and I still own it today; I use it whenever I go back to Hong Kong, and my friend uses it when I'm not there. I don't always take photos of it because the bodywork isn't nice, but who cares because I use it mainly to visit far-flung rural areas where the terrain can be extremely rough.

attachicon.gif323-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0179.JPG

In 2009, I bought my second car, a 1993 Y31 Nissan Cedric. This car had a diesel engine and had an old-fashioned column shifter! This car also served me well for 5 years, and I finally sold it in 2014 because I had returned to Singapore by then, though I still go back to Hong Kong almost every couple of months. I still miss this car daily; it was far from being sporty or exciting but gave me a very different driving experience.

My two cars together. My Cedric is identical to the taxi next to it, except that the taxi has an automatic transmission and an LPG engine.

attachicon.gifIMG_0484.JPG

More pics of the Cedric. I took lots more photos because the bodywork was in great condition and I kept it so throughout the time I owned it.

attachicon.gifcedric1.jpg

attachicon.gifcedric2.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled-9.jpg

My current car in Singapore. Saved up close to 9 years for this, and renewed the COE last year. Will keep this car for as long as I can; already saving towards the next COE!

attachicon.gifevo.jpg

Finally, last year, I bought another Nissan Cedric in Hong Kong last year. Unlike my first Cedric, this was a newer petrol-engined version, a 1997 Y33 Brougham VIP edition, with a 3 litre V6 engine! I bought this car at less than S$600, and together with 4 month's road tax and insurance, paid less than SG$1000 to use it for 4 months! The reason why it was so cheap was because the inspection was due after 4 months. The annual inspection in HK is far more of a pain than it is here, so many people change cars before the inspection is due, and sell cars very cheaply. The car looked quite good except for a slight dent on the right hand fender area due to a careless tow truck (which also forced the owner to replace the bonnet with a white one at short notice). Just wanted to try something different, so I bought it on a whim, enjoyed it for the full four months and then scrapped it. The last pic was taken on the day the tow truck came to take it away. It was a really long car but handled well and was easy to maneuver due to a great turning radius, and was really luxurious and powerful for a car of its age. Really a pity to scrap it, though this was the only way I could have afforded to try out such a car at least once.

attachicon.gify33-1.jpg

attachicon.gify33-2.jpg

attachicon.gify33-3.jpg

attachicon.gif323-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0179.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0484.JPG

attachicon.gifcedric1.jpg

attachicon.gifcedric2.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled-9.jpg

attachicon.gifevo.jpg

attachicon.gify33-1.jpg

attachicon.gify33-2.jpg

attachicon.gify33-3.jpg

cars are really cheap in HK. How do you deal with parking cost?

Nice thread! I wanna contribute as well but since I don't have a license yet, shall post my dad's car instead, hope you guys don't mind haha.

post-58777-0-17487500-1490098507_thumb.jpg

Our old ride, 2011 estima. Pic was taken few hours before handing the car over and we are clearing out the stuff in the car as you can see in the background.

post-58777-0-25113900-1490098578_thumb.jpg

New ride, vellfire zg. Pic was taken when the dealer is grooming the car,plates not installed yet.

post-58777-0-54449600-1490098620_thumb.jpg

And lastly,pic taken just hours after collecting the new ride.

Hope you guys don't mind the boring mpv pictures haha

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

Agree this is a nice thread ; happy to see many posting their b&b rides and are proud of them. Apparently many of us have sentimental attachment to our cars .

Keep them coming please ......... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5