• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic | 11 praises

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

King_Kong
  • Premium member
    King_Kong
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I got a letter about a recall to replace some part.  What part is this?  Is getting the part changed important?  Is the risk of the workshop making things worse higher than the risk of the part being recalled causing trouble?

The workshop is Optiwerkz, which is also the "warranty" workshop for my car. I have never even visited it once since my car was purchased two years ago. Will they do the replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying for the recall job?

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

https://www.onemotor...ic_vehicle.html

http://www.oneshift....da-vezel-recall

Google lor.

Bring the LTA letter and printout from the onemotoring(see above link) ask the workshop lor.

You choose to buy from PI everything have to DIY. Don't expect too much.

Edited by Watwheels, 18 March 2017 - 12:10 PM.

Buadongdong praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Agree with watwheels

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

w7_lee
  • w7_lee
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I got a letter about a recall to replace some part.  What part is this?  Is getting the part changed important?  Is the risk of the workshop making things worse higher than the risk of the part being recalled causing trouble?

The workshop is Optiwerkz, which is also the "warranty" workshop for my car. I have never even visited it once since my car was purchased two years ago. Will they do the replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying for the recall job?

Since your Vezel is 2 years old, it's likely to be the BBC unit replacement. It affects all Vezels that are built before the first quarter of 2016.

Optiwerkz seems to be one of the workshop that can do this replacement. Mine was replaced there too, no charges to me but I believe my PI is paying.

Side note is that you should be glad your PI is replacing it but you should check if it is FOC. One owner wrote that his PI wanted to charge him for the replacement.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Noob79
  • Premium member
    Noob79
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just call them to verify, if your PI is a decent one, then u should not be required to pay

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

To pay or not to pay if need to replace or fix, it has to be done to eliminate worries driving the car. No need to ask, just go down and have it change.
2BDriver praised this

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    Author Image

To pay or not to pay if need to replace or fix, it has to be done to eliminate worries driving the car. No need to ask, just go down and have it change.

Words of wisdom, only fools value $$$ More than to get it replace!!! You can die but imagine your family members is with you, got into accident due to recall defect, you survived they die!! Let you be the richest man in Singapore dun think you want too unless u no heart :)

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

King_Kong
  • Premium member
    King_Kong
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Words of wisdom, only fools value $$$ More than to get it replace!!! You can die but imagine your family members is with you, got into accident due to recall defect, you survived they die!! Let you be the richest man in Singapore dun think you want too unless u no heart :)

Only fools would blindly replace without first verifying whether the workshop is qualified to replace the part.

Only fools would not question whether safety is worse off after replacing a factory installed part by a half-baked workshop with no Honda certified engineers or equipped with the required Honda tools and instruments.

PS: The letter from my dealer says the replacement is free. Money is not the issue here. Quality is.

Edited by King_Kong, 20 March 2017 - 09:05 PM.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Dun worry, get it change at the appointed workshop. It is most likely replacing the start-stop module which is plug & play. If your vezel got BBQ at the end even when the module replaced, at least you have some prove to show you have done your part as an owner for claiming insurance.

Fuelsaver praised this

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Patwong
  • Premium member
    Patwong
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Only fools would blindly replace without first verifying whether the workshop is qualified to replace the part.

Only fools would not question whether safety is worse off after replacing a factory installed part by a half-baked workshop with no Honda certified engineers or equipped with the required Honda tools and instruments.

PS: The letter from my dealer says the replacement is free. Money is not the issue here. Quality is.

Dear King_Kong

Agreed with above 2 statements.

However, hope you understand that when you decide to get a Vezel with no local AD support, the only choice is go to workshop with no Honda trained technician or equipped tools and instruments, when your car has issue.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

leehock13828
  • leehock13828
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

These are not words of wisdom. Wise people do think before posting such words of rudeness

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Please refer to the sentence you post on the 1st posting, you mention will they do replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying!!!" If the letter say FOC why are u asking abt replacement with charge? Initially you don't understand the letter?

Nobody assume just replying to what you said! If you can't handle the truth this is your problem and car is yours , how much you value your family life is also your call :) I am just replying to your 1st posting.

BTW since you mention PI workshop are half baked I wonder why you buy from the PI then and not Honda agent when the HRV is abt 2% to 3% more on what you paid to PI but you want warranty and free servicing from Honda . Again to save $$$?:)

Guess you are really a fool didn't check what you post

Below is the quote from your 1st post.

"The workshop is Optiwerkz, which is also the "warranty" workshop for my car. I have never even visited it once since my car was purchased two years ago. Will they do the replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying for the recall job?"

Edited by D3badge, 24 March 2017 - 08:16 PM.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    Author Image

These are not words of wisdom. Wise people do think before posting such words of rudeness

it is rude or harsh because you are reminding someone safety is more important than money! Malfunction not only endanger his family members but public safety too.

I am just shock people can actually put $$$ into equation when safety is concern and everyone advise is to ask him get it fix regardless whether he needs to pay or not, I am just replying more direct.

maybe that do hit him hard that why in his reply to me he mention $$ no issue but how strange when he ask about who will foot the bill in the thread starting post and later say letter mention FOC

Edited by D3badge, 25 March 2017 - 12:51 AM.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users