• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone changed their stock plastic charge pipes to aftermarket aluminium ones?

Any improvement in performance? Do you change because the stock one cracked, or to play safe due to preventive measures?

--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I change because my friend told me so.

I trust my friend.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I change because my friend told me so.

I trust my friend.

May I ask which car r u driving? Is it boosted higher than stock?

Which workshop did the change? Any performance improvement?

I'm considering to buy online but if there's a local workshop I don't mind checking them out.
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No change in performance. Only more swooshing noise if you are into that. Even if you change the stock air muffler to an open pod or cold air intake there's no change in performance. Only the swooshing noise get louder. For turbocharged engine you will get to hear the wastegate or ppl calls it the blowoff valve. Once you remove the stock muffler you will hear the wastegate every time you release the gas pedal.

Increase in performance in a TC engine comes from the modified engine mapping in layman terms means aftermarket tuning chip. When you have that installed modification to the air intake and its piping will make some difference. Depending on what you do...short ram air intake or cold air intake. Google or watch youtube to see the difference.

Edited by Watwheels, 19 March 2017 - 10:03 PM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No change in performance. Only more swooshing noise if you are into that. Even if you change the stock air muffler to an open pod or cold air intake there's no change in performance. Only the swooshing noise get louder. For turbocharged engine you will get to hear the wastegate or ppl calls it the blowoff valve. Once you remove the stock muffler you will hear the wastegate every time you release the gas pedal.

Increase in performance in a TC engine comes from the modified engine mapping in layman terms means aftermarket tuning chip. When you have that installed modification to the air intake and its piping will make some difference. Depending on what you do...short ram air intake or cold air intake. Google or watch youtube to see the difference.

Thanks for the detailed info, but it's not air intake I'm asking about. It's the turbo charge pipe. It's different.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

do be careful. the metal pipe being solid piece cause a fair bit of rigid to that area. Some have experience damage due to a couple of problems when the condition appears.

When the engine mount wear plus you WOT, the engine flexs more and hence cracks and damage happens.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

Yukai
  • Yukai
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hello guys, I have a used TD04 in a very good condition with a new core from Man Exhaust for sale. It was used for 2 months on a Fiat Bravo T-Jet, hence the I have the downpipe for Bravo too. 

If not, the TD04 is a favorite for many cars as well. It has been dekitted. Looking at $360. Hit me up with a pm if you are keen. (:

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

AHP Charge Pipe Kit

AHP Charge Pipe Kit  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by BeaJag  |  Neutral Newbie

Charge pipe

Previously want playing with my boost and burst my charge pipe so I got this as a replacement. Definitely more durable than the stock ones. There is a slight improvement in throttle response and holds better boost in higher PSI.

Surbo Surbo

Surbo Surbo  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Yan66  |  3rd Gear

tested and found to be true

skeptical at first but after installing , notice there is an improvement and when i went to Genting for holiday , i can feel the power when going uphill .

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Turbo

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users