29 Mar 2017 is the next COE bid

therock

anyone like me? 3rd of 6 biddings today.. still cannot get...

Same here. 3rd of 6 bids too. Bid at $52,999. Demand is too strong. Wonder when the demand will fall....
↡ Advertisement

Enjoy your new ride, congrats bro!

Now I wonder where are those who spoke about lowering of COE..

My friend was also successful for his V40 bid..

Bro.. There is another bro here commented yesterday that COE will crash this round as the number of this thread is getting too low..

Congrats those who got their COE successfully today!

Got my COE today! 2nd of 6 Non GTD bids fr BM.They bidded at $55880, pretty aggressive. When I signed the contract in early March the price was based on $50.6k COE, so I am pleasantly surprised they bidded high this round.

Congrats bro!

Think BM reckons that COE is on uptrend with VES, better secure ASAP.

Yours is a Wish?

Congrats bro!

Think BM reckons that COE is on uptrend with VES, better secure ASAP.

Yours is a Wish?

Thanks Bro! Yes you got it right, my WISH came through!
  • Praise 1

You can put it in another way ; Govt only just gave or rented/lease/license you a car to use for 10 years;...........  actually not even car too..... to start with   [:p]     

same like hdb flats lo....a rental lease with expiry date ok...

the property or car doesnt belong to you at the end of day...it is not to be heirloom which you can pass to next gen!!!

• Praise 1

seems like the COE is going 1 way up again....

Maybe its the herd mentality... but when you see crowded showroom it just push you over the edge to sign on the dotted line, which I have been waiting for the right moment as I know which car I wanted.

The price trend for WISH shows that the price has equal that of last year's lows, so it's a good entry point.

Another indicator for me was that even though there are more unemployments, the economic indicators are gradually edging up. The Straits Times Index has also edged up above 3000 points and remained stable. This is unlike in the 2008-9 when STI was in the low 2000s. Which means people are generally still optimistic and such optimism will push up their spending.

With the VES uncertainty, it's probably the last straw that broke the camel's back to push COE up.

Gonna say something that I try to make neutral but don't take it the wrong way.

I bought a hyundai accent manual in early February 2017 for 79999 6 bids non guarantee and no top up. My rebate was 38k. First bid 42k. Fine with me. Second bid 42k. I contacted the SE and say if I don't top up what are my chances. She say low but a top up of 4k will greatly improve my chances.

Note that the SE did not approach me for the top up but it was the other way round. The reason why I decided to top up is by looking at the coe trend and what I am actually willing to pay I realise it is close to impossible for me to get a car barring a crash in economy. Another thing is while I can wait I just don't like the feeling of monitoring the coe and then realising you are so far from getting one. If short by a hundred or thousand dollars still can have some excitement that next time will succeed but to be consistently short of over 5k and the gap widening each round..... Are you one of those who are willing to face disappointment for three months before giving up or topping up? Or are you one of those who don't care get or don't get no issue? Cos a few k for the peace or mind to me is worth it, after two unsuccessful bids.

Not saying that you should top up or not. It's your choice. I decided to top up. By the way I topped up 4k and my bid rose from 42k to 54k which is an increment of 12k for a 4k top up. So connect the dots. Maybe the dealer can get you the car for your current price but is waiting for you to blink so his profit margin goes up. Or maybe he really cannot afford to bid a winning bid for you with that amount and you are just wasting your time.

So up to you. I got my coe today. Going to make arrangements to collect car soon as the car is already in Singapore.

All the best.

I sharing my personal view too - I always hoped for a 40k thereabouts coe but looking at govt pattern I resigned to my fate.. looking back at my decision to get Honda freed was a god-led decision - Tks to a mcfer I got a good gcoe deal. I've nvr been so decisive before during the past 1-2 yrs of checking out new cars..

For now, I'd say get gcoe package if available n accessible n if u really need to chg ur car..

And NO, I m NOT SE

Someone earlier had rejected an open COE, I wonder if that bro got his COE?

Mai kong liao bro..

reminds me of the civic turbo from KM, dont know today is f**k the SE or sayang the SE.. [:p][laugh][laugh]

Mai kong liao bro.

Think of those needing a car yet cannot get coe is a very dui feeling.. let's hope coe can soften a lil momentarily so that those can hopefully secure theirs.

Never seen such bunch of people so happy to give their governmemt $50k ð

I not happy but what can I do? Don't drive? Fine. Hopefully next decade no need keep running about. Taxi / uber / grab not as cheap if I running 2-3 places all around island. Then gotta carry protective gears, computing equipment. Only blessing is pay still can manage car upkeep..

free ad for V--c-- revised my bid fr 53988 to 55988. tio liao. tks.

Congrats bro .. been seeing your helpful car review ever since I started looking to change my car last year from Elantra , Tucson thread to the recent Honda Freed thread ..

Glad that u manage secure yours today

Hmm though my car expected to be delivered May/June, C&C bidded and got my COE this round (1st bid).

Maybe got chance the car will be delivered earlier??

Hmm though my car expected to be delivered May/June, C&C bidded and got my COE this round (1st bid).

Need to check with your SE to be sure

Most importantly is whether the vehicle is already in SG

Sometimes they just want to secure your COE first in view of the uncertainties ahead even though vehicle not in yet

Congrats bro .. been seeing your helpful car review ever since I started looking to change my car last year from Elantra , Tucson thread to the recent Honda Freed thread ..

Glad that u manage secure yours today

thanks bro for the well wishes. finally "settled down"..

at least someone did find my "reviews" helpful, i'm thankful :)

stay tuned for my near future update about my own car if u would.

have a blessed week.

btw, what car u getting?

congrats bro; possible if cleared lta whatever test

Gonna say something that I try to make neutral but don't take it the wrong way.

I bought a hyundai accent manual in early February 2017 for 79999 6 bids non guarantee and no top up. My rebate was 38k. First bid 42k. Fine with me. Second bid 42k. I contacted the SE and say if I don't top up what are my chances. She say low but a top up of 4k will greatly improve my chances.

Note that the SE did not approach me for the top up but it was the other way round. The reason why I decided to top up is by looking at the coe trend and what I am actually willing to pay I realise it is close to impossible for me to get a car barring a crash in economy. Another thing is while I can wait I just don't like the feeling of monitoring the coe and then realising you are so far from getting one. If short by a hundred or thousand dollars still can have some excitement that next time will succeed but to be consistently short of over 5k and the gap widening each round..... Are you one of those who are willing to face disappointment for three months before giving up or topping up? Or are you one of those who don't care get or don't get no issue? Cos a few k for the peace or mind to me is worth it, after two unsuccessful bids.

Not saying that you should top up or not. It's your choice. I decided to top up. By the way I topped up 4k and my bid rose from 42k to 54k which is an increment of 12k for a 4k top up. So connect the dots. Maybe the dealer can get you the car for your current price but is waiting for you to blink so his profit margin goes up. Or maybe he really cannot afford to bid a winning bid for you with that amount and you are just wasting your time.

So up to you. I got my coe today. Going to make arrangements to collect car soon as the car is already in Singapore.

All the best.

I think differently.

I feel that for ur case u should wait.

Accent is a car they need to get rid of. Especially since its no longer sold here plus sitting in Singapore. What's more... It's a manual. Demand is nearly non existent. However, if u bought a Mazda 3, altis, I will say please top up.

For ur case. Indeed u blinked first. Cos u were frightened by the first 2 bids of 42k, which is a ridiculous bid anyway.

• Praise 3

Need to check with your SE to be sure

Most importantly is whether the vehicle is already in SG

Sometimes they just want to secure your COE first in view of the uncertainties ahead even though vehicle not in yet

Thanks bros for the suggestions hehe.

I think likely to be because of the uncertainties ahead bah. Last month SE got tell me before that delivery will probably not be earlier than May heh..

thanks bro for the well wishes. finally "settled down"..

at least someone did find my "reviews" helpful, i'm thankful :)

stay tuned for my near future update about my own car if u would.

have a blessed week.

btw, what car u getting?

congrats bro; possible if cleared lta whatever test

Managed to secure my COE for Tucson on the last bidding .. :)
↡ Advertisement