29 Mar 2017 is the next COE bid

therock

When booked G COE, sure will get. Did you book G COE?

Yes, my Ody end Jun since C&C offered G COE & no penalty for not taking loan so just bite the bullet lor

↡ Advertisement

Exactly that's why I feel it's silly to restrict your options just cos of possibility of a few k diff in scrap value 10 years later though I do acknowledge if you sell your car earlier, dealers/buyers may use this few k diff to press down the price but think if I'm buying esp in this climate with many rushing in cos of the VES thingy next year, COE likely to go up so my priority would be to secure the COE rather than worry of its resale price later. 

To each his own I suppose........

If u read the fine print of T&C, the AD reserve the right to use Open CAT they deem fit.

By opting out open CAT, if it is not favorable to me, I can reject it even if they offer me.

From my past experience, one AD ever offered me lower a Open CAT than CAT I booked.

If I din put it in black & white then LLST.  

Anyway I want drive my Ody till EOL if possible to enjoy its size & IVTEC power.

If I accept Open CAT, C&C would want me register within two weeks if they have spare.

Mine is 6 bids GCOE so if COE goes up, I dun think I need to worry, isn't it?

If u read the fine print of T&C, the AD reserve the right to use Open CAT they deem fit.

By opting out open CAT, if it is not favorable to me, I can reject it even if they offer me.

From my past experience, one AD ever offered me lower a Open CAT than CAT I booked.

If I din put it in black & white then LLST.

Anyway I want drive my Ody till EOL if possible to enjoy its size & IVTEC power.

If I accept Open CAT, C&C would want me register within two weeks if they have spare.

Mine is 6 bids GCOE so if COE goes up, I dun think I need to worry, isn't it?

Since yours is guaranteed then I suppose no issue since AD obliged to get for u. Having said that, 1st time I'm hearing an AD allowing buyer to call the shots esp for GCOE cos they are taking a risk by allowing u to do this n guaranteeing at the same time cos if COE shoots up, they could be caught out but of course not your problem. C&C Kia or Citroen?

• Praise 5

these 2 doesn't matter 

because if owner reuse car plate, the new number will still be assigned to the old car. 

Renew COE doesn't take up 1 new COE slot, so all the new COE bidded is for new cars only.

What can reduce or increase the rate of car registration is the COE quota (up or down), and the availability of stocks for car registration, some AD no stock have to wait a few months after COE registered to register car.

Oic, didnt know that, thanks bro!  [thumbsup]

Agree....very odd indeed. The AD personnel who allow such a move must be a noob in the car industry.... :D

I think 7007 should pray very hard that the COE shoots to 98K......That way his paper value shoots to the roof...

Can immediately deregister  and wait for durian to drop again. :D

Since yours is guaranteed then I suppose no issue since AD obliged to get for u. Having said that, 1st time I'm hearing an AD allowing buyer to call the shots esp for GCOE cos they are taking a risk by allowing u to do this n guaranteeing at the same time cos if COE shoots up, they could be caught out but of course not your problem. C&C Kia or Citroen?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Anyone know honda jazz 1.3 selling for $86,999 or $87,999? Brochure is $87,999 but advertisement on Facebook is $86,999. Any gimmicks?

CCK

Agree....very odd indeed. The AD personnel who allow such a move must be a noob in the car industry.... :D

I think 7007 should pray very hard that the COE shoots to 98K......That way his paper value shoots to the roof...

Can immediately deregister  and wait for durian to drop again. :D

No lah cannot be so greedy! I also not so black heart to pray COE to reach this kind of lvl not saying nvr happen before...

I was waiting for COE go below 50K but durian drop & fly away.

Anyway as long as get the COE & register in Jun is good enough for me.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

My friend, it is an open secret that COE prices are controlled by Distributors. They determine COE prices. If they dare sell at guaranteed, obviously they are not going to shoot themselves in the foot and bid high

• Praise 1

My friend, it is an open secret that COE prices are controlled by Distributors. They determine COE prices. If they dare sell at guaranteed, obviously they are not going to shoot themselves in the foot and bid high

Obviously the big distributors have a big say but I won't go as far as saying they control it. It is a risk to offer GCOE without the fall back of registering with Open COE that's my point n as I said, I've never heard of an AD allowing this, have you?

BTW, if it's as controlled as what u say how come PML, C&C Benz n PA don't offer guarantee COE ah?

• Praise 11

Hypersonic

No lah cannot be so greedy! I also not so black heart to pray COE to reach this kind of lvl not saying nvr happen before...

I was waiting for COE go below 50K but durian drop & fly away.

Anyway as long as get the COE & register in Jun is good enough for me.

Likely ADs would secure G COEs within one or 2 bid in order to minimize risk. A gamble always has 2 sides ..... win or lose and in this case up or down for COE. Though the coming bid looks like uptrend, COE is really hard to predict. In a less likely scenario if COE down in the coming bid and the AD secures for you, there is a chance it's value is lower than the open Cat that was offered. Good luck
  • Praise 2

Lot of the buyer thought AD control the prices of COE ?? I don't think so lo ... they dare to sell you gtd COE because on hand got open CAT ma .... thier profit quite save at certain level liao although COE shoot up as they can always use previous Open Cat register for your car , conversely , they will profit more if COE go down and they will bid Cat A/B for you . See whether are they dare to sell gtd COE if LTA scrapped Open Cat ?

Likely ADs would secure G COEs within one or 2 bid in order to minimize risk. A gamble always has 2 sides ..... win or lose and in this case up or down for COE. Though the coming bid looks like uptrend, COE is really hard to predict. In a less likely scenario if COE down in the coming bid and the AD secures for you, there is a chance it's value is lower than the open Cat that was offered. Good luck ð

Most time AD has higher chance of winning than buyer . This gtd COE is gimmicks as they already secure fix price for COE ... COE up nothing to loose .... COE down laugh all the way to bank .
  • Praise 3

Anyone know honda jazz 1.3 selling for $86,999 or $87,999? Brochure is $87,999 but advertisement on Facebook is $86,999. Any gimmicks?

The lowest price might not come with free leather seat and front cam. It cost $800 for leather seat and probably a few hundreds for camera. Anyway. Talk to the SE is the best and who knows the lower price comes free leather seat too.
  • Praise 1

Yesterday was passing by Leng Kee..

mazda / Nissan Show room was quite empty..

believe demand should be soften , guessing COE should be going down a bit for this round..

• Praise 3

Yesterday was passing by Leng Kee..

mazda / Nissan Show room was quite empty..

believe demand should be soften , guessing COE should be going down a bit for this round..

I pass by Leng Kee every Sat around 6+ 7 to go back moms pl makan, yesterday BM many still sitting inside, Wearnes at the corner also people inside walking about at 7pm, so what u guys think?
  • Praise 3

I asked the SE. Tell me straight. If I don't top up, what is the likelihood of me getting the 79999 accent?

SE told me very unlikely based on current situation /trend. If I topped up 4k much higher chances.

So I asked some forummers here who have also gone through cheap komoco cars with 6 bids non guranteed. They got the car but they also topped up. So I told myself don't waste time. Just top up and get it over and done with. If still cannot get then fated not to change cars.

So today I topped up.

Here's hoping. Lai Lai all bros please support me for this round. Coe for cat a to be what AD bid for me minus $1.00. Huat ah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10