Severe headache after changed lens

Johnwalk

Yup. Most likely inexperienced optician. My current glasses "settings" which are unchanged for the last ten plus years are set by someone who knows what he is doing. I've met some younger optometrists/opticians who are bit puzzled by my settings when I change frames and lenses twice since. But they will usually ask the more senior optometrist or 老板 who will agree with my settings.

• Praise 1

Old glasses, @Porker's a-s-s looks like roast duck.

New glasses, Porker's a-s-s looks like roast goose.

:D

so you prefer the duck or the goose backside.....
  • Praise 1

It's the material of the new lens causing you to have the headache.

Is the old lens cost/brand higher then the recent one you just changed?

Supposed your old lens is 500

Having checked, now a new pair is 600

You either have it at slightly lower than 600

it maybe fine but not to the exact power.

If the lens is thick with a big frame, your eye level power

is not correct and align, you may also have a headache

I hope it is not a progressive lens.

Just receive the new len on my spec ( I use back the old frame)

tried it on and give me severe headache. The shop guy measured again my vision and said the prescription is correct.

He ask me to proceed to wear it for my eyes to adapt to it.

I wear it for a one day and really cannot take it anymore. Took 2 panadol and still having headache.

anyone know where can I get a free eye exam? A few shops I asked said I need to pay $20.

Worst come to worst I need to go back to the shop and demand to change my lens.

I go to owndays to do my lens. Frame I buy online. I go to owndays coz they give up to 2 changes of lens degree within the first year of purchase if I experience any discomfort. Anyway if you look at their warranty it covers what other optical shops cannot cover. It's quite amazing what their warranty covers. Only thing is I don't like the design of their frames.

https://www.owndays.com/sg/en/about/warranty/

• Praise 2

The headache really very bad even after I remove my glasses and take panadol, the pain only go away after next day.

Yes you are correct, they said They don't need my frame.

when the shop received the Zeiss len it is 1 big round piece, they show it me.

Then the technician at the shop cut it to my frame shape.

BTW this shop is in JB ( I choose it due to price difference) I am not sure they can accept to change another len.

when I wear it the vision become very sharp ( too sharp infact).

Maybe it's just me but lens (made 3 pairs) I made from Malaysia (not just JB) just give me problem with headaches even if I buy the same frame and lens in the shop.

I never have a problem with glasses made in Singapore. Don't ask me why but I think it's either the skills or the quality of the lens.

I go to owndays to do my lens. Frame I buy online. I go to owndays coz they give up to 2 changes of lens degree within the first year of purchase if I experience any discomfort. Anyway if you look at their warranty it covers what other optical shops cannot cover. It's quite amazing what their warranty covers. Only thing is I don't like the design of their frames.

https://www.owndays.com/sg/en/about/warranty/

bro...i saw the website pricelist....does the price includes the glass as well? I clicked on the Glasses segment and the price shown is quite competitive. My neighbourhood shop cost an arm and a leg for frames and glasses.

Maybe it's just me but lens (made 3 pairs) I made from Malaysia (not just JB) just give me problem with headaches even if I buy the same frame and lens in the shop.

I never have a problem with glasses made in Singapore. Don't ask me why but I think it's either the skills or the quality of the lens.

Singapore shops are often accredited by the optometry association. We even have fulltime Optometry Diploma courses in Ngee Ann Poly. MY wan i am not sure of their qualifications........

I've been wearing glasses since i was 4.

The headache or tired eyes sensation should only last for 2 days (ONLY if you have a big jump in degree like +50 and above).

If just astigmatism change etc, usually u won't notice. 

If lenses "power" is identical, definitely it's the wrong focal point.

bro...i saw the website pricelist....does the price includes the glass as well? I clicked on the Glasses segment and the price shown is quite competitive. My neighbourhood shop cost an arm and a leg for frames and glasses.

I don't think so. Coz nowadays ppl do many type of lens, transitions, progressive etc. So price may vary a lot. I think it's better you go to their branch to find out.

Earlier this year they got offer for second pair of lens at 50% off(regular lens). Becoz my vision improved recently I changed the lens on my other old frame. One pair lens with progression & one pair regular lens. It's quite a good offer. About $247 in total, $198 for progression(my myopic around 250), regular lens $98 but got 50% off so $49.

Previously I got my branded frame("O" brand) and lens from capitol optical cost me around $600. Very ex. So I thought I can do it cheaper by buying my frame online and do lens at owndays. And I got the almost same frame online with the lens from owndays it cost me around $450. Saved quite a bit. Yeah, optical shops make big profits...even those neighbourhood ones. The branch(CO) that I mentioned has since closed in my neighbourhood. I think once shops like owndays emerge and ppl shopping online these other optical shops find it hard to compete.

Edited by Watwheels

I don't think so. Coz nowadays ppl do many type of lens, transitions, progressive etc. So price may vary a lot. I think it's better you go to their branch to find out.

Earlier this year they got offer for second pair of lens at 50% off(regular lens). Becoz my vision improved recently I changed the lens on my other old frame. One pair lens with progression & one pair regular lens. It's quite a good offer. About $247 in total, $198 for progression(my myopic around 250), regular lens $98 but got 50% off so $49.

Previously I got my branded frame("O" brand) and lens from capitol optical cost me around $600. Very ex. So I thought I can do it cheaper by buying my frame online and do lens at owndays. And I got the almost same frame online with the lens from owndays it cost me around $450. Saved quite a bit. Yeah, optical shops make big profits...even those neighbourhood ones. The branch(CO) that I mentioned has since closed in my neighbourhood. I think once shops like owndays emerge these other optical shops find it hard to compete.

wah...thanks! The lens are the ones that is expensive. My astig is not that bad with myopia of 500 in my right and 550 for my left. Saw they have one in IMM......maybe can go look see look see.

Reason why I have to get o brand is becoz they have the frames that don't have skin contact with my side burn area. I have sensitive skin (oily) so once the metal or plastic frame comes into contact my face become very oily. And it's less constricting and doesn't leave a straight mark when I remove my glasses. More comfortable and light weight dan other frames I have tried so far.

Edited by Watwheels

Previously I got my branded frame("O" brand) and lens from capitol optical cost me around $600. Very ex. So I thought I can do it cheaper by buying my frame online and do lens at owndays. And I got the almost same frame online with the lens from owndays it cost me around $450. Saved quite a bit. Yeah, optical shops make big profits...even those neighbourhood ones. The branch(CO) that I mentioned has since closed in my neighbourhood. I think once shops like owndays emerge and ppl shopping online these other optical shops find it hard to compete.

Do you find the owndays lens coating easily distorted?

I had used them when they having the promotion of second pair at 50%..after a few months, you can see the fine distorted lines on the coating if you look at the lens under lights. it will get worse as time goes by.

Last time their warranty for lens is only 6 months, now better, at least 1 year.

I had changed 4 lens, 2 specs with them during 3 years.

usually the lenses start out the same. Just have to see if the coatings and the lenses change color.

Like i said before in another thread, I'm extremely satisfied paying the $ for zeiss.

Just a word of caution.

The headache with the new lens may not be related.

But if you are having associated blurring of vision with the headache especially with one eye more than the other, may be you may have glaucoma.

Please check with your doctor if symptom persist.

• Praise 9

my wife abuse her specs quite badly (wipe with tissue paper and her t shirts), but her hoya lenses also holding up well.

6 years liao, still no scratches.

↡ Advertisement