Severe headache after changed lens

Johnwalk

I've been wearing glasses since i was 4.

The headache or tired eyes sensation should only last for 2 days (ONLY if you have a big jump in degree like +50 and above).

If just astigmatism change etc, usually u won't notice. 

If lenses "power" is identical, definitely it's the wrong focal point.

I also start from 4.

I nvr experience any headache even in my younger days when there will be big jump in degree.

↡ Advertisement

I also start from 4.

I nvr experience any headache even in my younger days when there will be big jump in degree.

I did lah. when i was younger, and my degrees were jumping.

I did lah. when i was younger, and my degrees were jumping.

when you got your degree (paper) also jumping right?

:XD:

• Praise 4

Agree on quality of Hoya and Zeiss..but prices.. :a-panic:

Actually zeiss isn't that more expensive unless you get their digital lenses. Nikon lens are really expensive though in essence the nikon lens is an escillor lens aka crizal lens. [laugh]
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

i recently made a pair of specs with hoya lens.. cheaper than crizal lens..

• Praise 1

It's the material of the new lens causing you to have the headache.

Is the old lens cost/brand higher then the recent one you just changed?

Old one is Hoya, new one is Zeiss. today I never wear the new glasses now feeling ok.

Supposed your old lens is 500

Having checked, now a new pair is 600

You either have it at slightly lower than 600

it maybe fine but not to the exact power.

If the lens is thick with a big frame, your eye level power

is not correct and align, you may also have a headache

I hope it is not a progressive lens.

Yes this new Zeiss len is progressive, 40 yo liao start to have problem see near

Maybe it's just me but lens (made 3 pairs) I made from Malaysia (not just JB) just give me problem with headaches even if I buy the same frame and lens in the shop.

I never have a problem with glasses made in Singapore. Don't ask me why but I think it's either the skills or the quality of the lens.

Reputable shop?

So far, my wife has had no problems with JB lenses.

I don't have a fixed optical shop to go until recently since I have been traveling around

I have sensitive eyes and I am very particular about a good pair of glasses

I won't leave the optical shop if I have headaches or feel giddy or unclear vision, I used to be convinced that my eyes needs time to adjust and that feeling giddy is fine, this does not work for me, if I wear and cannot means no matter how many days also cannot

The specs must be clear and sharp for me, I can't take anything less perfect

So far, the following issues happened before:

1. Incorrect focal point, u must make sure the optician measure this correctly, they will measure your existing spectacles, use the ruler and ask you to follow his finger movement

2. Increasing the degree to higher one when it is not really necessary

3. If u have astigmatism, increasing the degree to higher one also caused some problems

The impt thing is that when they ask you to test the lenses during eye check, always go for the lighter one if u can't decide between two similar lense

Hope this helps

• Praise 11

Old one is Hoya, new one is Zeiss. today I never wear the new glasses now feeling ok.

Yes this new Zeiss len is progressive, 40 yo liao start to have problem see near

40 still young lei.......i 45 then my astig and old flower eye starts to give me problem. Now i take out my specs when i read but usually i try not to unless small letters....only play with the reading distance.
  • Praise 1

I am using Zeiss now, the quality really worth the price different.

• Praise 3

Reading this thread reminded me that I need to get my vision rechecked and get myself a new pair of specs. 

Anyone have a reliable shop to recommend? Reliable in terms of honest pricing (not any how chop) and professional fitting service.  [;)] 

Reading this thread reminded me that I need to get my vision rechecked and get myself a new pair of specs.

Anyone have a reliable shop to recommend? Reliable in terms of honest pricing (not any how chop) and professional fitting service. [;)]

If you are near Millenia Walk, I recommend Eyes at Work. I've been doing my spectacles there for a long time.
  • Praise 2

Anyone have a reliable shop to recommend? Reliable in terms of honest pricing (not any how chop) and professional fitting service. [;)]

I go Kwang Shing at Bras Basah Complex. Ladies there will take care of you. Or can look for Adeline.
  • Praise 1

Since we are in the topic of eye sight related issue be it long/short sighted, glass prescription etc,

I would like to check with you all have anyone heard of an old uncle in Malacca town whom can help with your long/short sighted by using a very fine needle to prick a some vein behind our ear and immediately our vision becomes very clear after that.

Me, my relative and friend have personally tried this before and it was only RM10 each time and the result was good. Anyone tried before my last visit was in 2013 don't know if the shop still around?

Although I can't get rid of glasses, somehow I do feel that we are too reliant on them. For quite a few occasions, I managed to walk out from my house for a distance without my spectacle on. Only when I realised it, my vision suddenly becomes very blur. So how do I managed to walk about for a distance without it? My myopia is not slight, both eyes 500 each, technically considered blind already.

↡ Advertisement