Fuel consumption of HOnda Odyssey

Zvicki

Neutral Newbie

Just bought odyssey from dealer, driving for 1 month, fuel consumption is about 8.8 km/L.  Regular route - Bukit panjiang to Buona vista, sometimes highway during weekend. Is this normal? or I am too weak ;(.

↡ Advertisement

Just bought odyssey from dealer, driving for 1 month, fuel consumption is about 8.8 km/L.  Regular route - Bukit panjiang to Buona vista, sometimes highway during weekend. Is this normal? or I am too weak ;(.

About average for a big size MPV...

good. I am released...

just to make you feel better my colleague who just bought a 8 year old Oydssey is only receiving about 6km+/litre. 

tks bros, i feel better for my avg fc 9kml 2l korean suv.. this has debunked the "fact" that korean cars r fuel guzzlers..

Which ride is yours? Tucson? Sportage?

good. I am released...

Sounds really wrong n obscene!

Which ride is yours? Tucson? Sportage?

Sounds really wrong n obscene!

Exactly

With FB and being released it makes sense

Now I want to know what FC means for the release to occur as well

First is too weak...

good. I am released...

Then released...

Exactly

With FB and being released it makes sense

Now I want to know what FC means for the release to occur as well

Now what FB/FC?

Sounds all wrong... [:p]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

What could have made a difference in FC for a same make other than the norms like right foot, urban/highway ratio, age and maintenance, and etc. When a relatively higher FC occurred, could it be a tuning or transmission issue?

I'm driving new Vellfire.

75% expressway

9.5km/l +/-0.5

But vellfire is heavy 2mt unladen. So i already consider this car's fuel efficiency as very good already

tks bros, i feel better for my avg fc 9kml 2l korean suv.. this has debunked the "fact" that korean cars r fuel guzzlers..

Sorry to burst your bubble bro. My Jap 2L SUV getting me 12.5-13 km/l. However, must admit that I'm light-footed.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Sorry to burst your bubble bro. My Jap 2L SUV getting me 12.5-13 km/l. However, must admit that I'm light-footed.

The MIL may be the difference. As Jamesc.

What could have made a difference in FC for a same make other than the norms like right foot, urban/highway ratio, age and maintenance, and etc. When a relatively higher FC occurred, could it be a tuning or transmission issue?

If we are talking solely about the Ody, this fuel consumption topic has been discussed ad nauseam on many other forums, local and foreign. 

I am not too sure about RB3-4 and RC1-2 models but for RB1-2, the fuel tank is located at the bottom of the car, right underneath the 2nd row seats. I used to wonder if this could be a factor for the poor FC besides the underpowered engine for the non-Absolute model.

I repeat...used to......now, I don't care aleadie [laugh][:p]

Edited by Toothiewabbit
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1