• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just bought odyssey from dealer, driving for 1 month, fuel consumption is about 8.8 km/L.  Regular route - Bukit panjiang to Buona vista, sometimes highway during weekend. Is this normal? or I am too weak ;(.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just bought odyssey from dealer, driving for 1 month, fuel consumption is about 8.8 km/L.  Regular route - Bukit panjiang to Buona vista, sometimes highway during weekend. Is this normal? or I am too weak ;(.

About average for a big size MPV...

Fairlady.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm driving one. Perfectly normal.

Me 8kmlitre only

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Clutched
    Author Image

I'm driving one. Perfectly normal.

Me 8kmlitre only

good. I am released...

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

VteckiCk
  • Premium member
    VteckiCk
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

good. I am released...

just to make you feel better my colleague who just bought a 8 year old Oydssey is only receiving about 6km+/litre. 

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

tks bros, i feel better for my avg fc 9kml 2l korean suv.. this has debunked the "fact" that korean cars r fuel guzzlers..

Flying_genie praised this
FS

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Big size MPV confirm FC thirsty especially in Singapore Traffic. My current Stream is almost same your 2.4L, 8~9km/l. 

**Mad about Ray and Aro ~!!!
2007-Civic EG, 2009-Lancer EX, 2012-JDM WRX,
2012-Civic FD, 2014-Lancer CS3M, 2015- H Stream RSZ.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I own a RB1. One of heavier MPVs around, 8-9km/L is the norm.

Just get used to it and enjoy the ride :D

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

tks bros, i feel better for my avg fc 9kml 2l korean suv.. this has debunked the "fact" that korean cars r fuel guzzlers..

Which ride is yours? Tucson? Sportage?

good. I am released...

Sounds really wrong n obscene!

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Exactly

With FB and being released it makes sense

Now I want to know what FC means for the release to occur as well

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Fireball0088
  • Premium member
    Fireball0088
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

First is too weak...

good. I am released...

Then released...

Exactly

With FB and being released it makes sense

Now I want to know what FC means for the release to occur as well

Now what FB/FC?

Sounds all wrong... [:p]

KoreanLover and Fuelsaver praised this
PSN ID = hsb0088

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Tucson 08; either one oso same specs..
FS

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What could have made a difference in FC for a same make other than the norms like right foot, urban/highway ratio, age and maintenance, and etc. When a relatively higher FC occurred, could it be a tuning or transmission issue?

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The hinges that make seats fold and motorised 3rd row seats make the car very heavy.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

Finclk
  • Finclk
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I'm driving new Vellfire.

75% expressway

9.5km/l +/-0.5

But vellfire is heavy 2mt unladen. So i already consider this car's fuel efficiency as very good already

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

Flying_genie
  • Flying_genie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to burst your bubble bro. My Jap 2L SUV getting me 12.5-13 km/l. However, must admit that I'm light-footed.

Freeder praised this

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sorry to burst your bubble bro. My Jap 2L SUV getting me 12.5-13 km/l. However, must admit that I'm light-footed.

The MIL may be the difference. As Jamesc.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What could have made a difference in FC for a same make other than the norms like right foot, urban/highway ratio, age and maintenance, and etc. When a relatively higher FC occurred, could it be a tuning or transmission issue?

If we are talking solely about the Ody, this fuel consumption topic has been discussed ad nauseam on many other forums, local and foreign. 

I am not too sure about RB3-4 and RC1-2 models but for RB1-2, the fuel tank is located at the bottom of the car, right underneath the 2nd row seats. I used to wonder if this could be a factor for the poor FC besides the underpowered engine for the non-Absolute model.

I repeat...used to......now, I don't care aleadie [laugh] [:p]

Edited by Toothiewabbit, 29 March 2017 - 10:53 AM.

Noob79 praised this

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

U one in many. I light foot also nvr my whole life own cars exceed 12kml. Mine prev rides cc were 1.5t, 1.8, 2.0.. n used locally only.. so those with such figures r few n far in between or have been tuned for fc maybe..
FS

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

U one in many. I light foot also nvr my whole life own cars exceed 12kml. Mine prev rides cc were 1.5t, 1.8, 2.0.. n used locally only.. so those with such figures r few n far in between or have been tuned for fc m

not sure what is deemed as lighted footed but i notice for my car (same expressway) that if i keep a steady speed at 80km/hr, i can get it +1km/l than if i keep at steady speed at 90km/hr for the whole journey.

Fuelsaver praised this

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, hondahonda, mpv, odyssey and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users