Honda Freed Hybrid (2017) Vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid

Erictdi

Do note that for noah or other similar car, you will have stress looking for carpark height that is more than 1.9m high, which is one of the reason why I choose Sienta. Pickup is not that bad considering CVT acceleration is smooth as compare to 4AT. You may feel a delay when you step on the accelerator. That’s because compared to a regular automatic transmission, there’s a slight pause as the CVT band adjusts. CVTs can be hard to get used to because they just don’t feel the same way a traditional automatic does. The engine sound is monotonous, and you don’t feel a connection with the car like you do when you can tell a gear has shifted.

I read the other thread abt Toyota 3 mpv models betw Sienta/Wish and Estima, I only know 2 Noah and Voxy, whcih is the other one? Are they all same price around $120k range?

↡ Advertisement

Do note that for noah or other similar car, you will have stress looking for carpark height that is more than 1.9m high, which is one of the reason why I choose Sienta. Pickup is not that bad considering CVT acceleration is smooth as compare to 4AT. You may feel a delay when you step on the accelerator. Thatâs because compared to a regular automatic transmission, thereâs a slight pause as the CVT band adjusts. CVTs can be hard to get used to because they just donât feel the same way a traditional automatic does. The engine sound is monotonous, and you donât feel a connection with the car like you do when you can tell a gear has shifted.

Thanks. I never thought of that, no wonder not many of these tall cars around. Even if I m convinced on Sienta, there is still the decision betw hybrid or BM, my high petrol cost is main factor I seriously considering hybrid now, taking risk on warranty by PI and battery life (I hv never thrust hybrid till today)

Do note that for noah or other similar car, you will have stress looking for carpark height that is more than 1.9m high, which is one of the reason why I choose Sienta. Pickup is not that bad considering CVT acceleration is smooth as compare to 4AT. You may feel a delay when you step on the accelerator. Thatâs because compared to a regular automatic transmission, thereâs a slight pause as the CVT band adjusts. CVTs can be hard to get used to because they just donât feel the same way a traditional automatic does. The engine sound is monotonous, and you donât feel a connection with the car like you do when you can tell a gear has shifted.

uncle... noah is only 1.825m why need 1.9m carpark?

been driving noah for 3mths..so far nv have issues with carpark height nor width heh.. #Skillful

• Praise 1

Supersonic

been driving noah for 3mths..so far nv have issues with carpark height nor width heh.. #Skillful

i do see a Noah at my HDB MSCP, so should not be a prob

Noah needs 1.9 to clear .

Freed no issue

Currently freed Hybrid is the compact best selling model for PI. Low road tax, good fc, 7 seater. All carpark can enter.

My customers got 18.5km/l .. top up fuel is $20 cheaper than previous Teana ..

Supersonic

Freed no issue

Currently freed Hybrid is the compact best selling model for PI. Low road tax, good fc, 7 seater. All carpark can enter.

you sound like you are from PI... how about comparison with Sienta hybrid, as per the thread title?

you sound like you are from PI... how about comparison with Sienta hybrid, as per the thread title?

Yes I’m from pi .

Sienta cost much higher due to VES ..

interior space is also smaller .

Cvt gearbox

Freed is 7 Speed DCT

Freed is value comapre to Sienta..

BM Sienta is from Indo

Supersonic

Yes Iâm from pi .

Cvt gearbox

Freed is 7 Speed DCT

BM Sienta is from Indo

just did a quick check, about 12k difference...

Freed no issue

Yea my avg FC about there

Yes Iâm from pi .

Cvt gearbox

Freed is 7 Speed DCT

BM Sienta is from Indo

Freed has DCT that is questionable. There are buyers whom hold back due to it's DCT.

The CVT on the other hand has lower maintenance cost, higher reliability and easier to maintain.

Guess you never notice the hump that most carpark entrance have with the height limit bar and also the roof top antenna. Some old carpark have 1.8m or less clearance height. Other carpark have area that are low ceiling or have some piping or air duct inside the carpark that make the clearance even lower. That is the part and parcel have having a tall vehicle. I feel stress having to notice all these height restriction on top of the HDB protruding railing on some older multi-storey car park. So decided to have a lower height ride, then to pay school fee for the damage to the car roof top.

Play safe la to say 1.9m. As long as the height limit for car parks that are more than 1.85m (there are 1.9m, 2m and even 2.1m), the triplets are safe.

There are some car parks which are 1.8m height limit (e.g. AMK central blk 712A) that you can't enter. You don't see the triplets or Vellfire/Alphard in them.

Cheers.

Freed has DCT that is questionable. There are buyers whom hold back due to it's DCT.

The CVT on the other hand has lower maintenance cost, higher reliability and easier to maintain.

Veze Hybrid with 7DCT in the market (4years) used by Uber/Grab with Mileage of 2/3/400k .. so far there isn’t any issue .

Play safe la to say 1.9m. As long as the height limit for car parks that are more than 1.85m (there are 1.9m, 2m and even 2.1m), the triplets are safe.

There are some car parks which are 1.8m height limit (e.g. AMK central blk 712A) that you can't enter. You don't see the triplets or Vellfire/Alphard in them.

Cheers.

no la.. he said have to look for higher than 1.9m

.thus i was puzzled as 1.9m is cfm ok... and only vvv old mscp is 1.8m..one of which is bugis mscp...

Veze Hybrid with 7DCT in the market (4years) used by Uber/Grab with Mileage of 2/3/400k .. so far there isn’t any issue .

i think DCT in hybrid is different from DCT in petrol car..

DCT in hybrid when creeping is drive by motor, but DCT in petrol car is drive by engine with half clutch situation.

technicallly i do not see any issue for DCT application in hybrid drive.

• Praise 1

Either way, dct, dsg n whatnot require a lil more care by trying not to creep as much. So far been driving my freed for slightly > a year n over 20k km w/o any issues w dct. My driving route is 60/40 city/hw. Goto 3-6 places per day

• Praise 1

Hi, I heard that for Honda hybrid cars, e.g. Freed, if the hybrid battery dies, the car will continue to function as a normal petrol car. Is this true? For Toyota when the hybrid battery dies, it cannot function, i.e. can't ignite the car. Anyone have experience or knowledge of this?

↡ Advertisement