Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
288 replies to this topic | 1,571 praises

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

therock
  • therock
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bros

Just starting a thread to talk about all kinds of photography.

I saw some old threads, but none specifically to talk on good photos in general, techniques, and just skills exchange.

For starters, 

Google is offering their photo-editing software free!

Create stunning images faster
Add the power of the Nik Collection by Google to your workflow today.
Advanced editing, simplified

Easily create the photos you’ve imagined with six powerful plug-ins for Photoshop®, Lightroom®, or Aperture®.

Make precise edits quickly

Use U Point® technology to selectively edit just the parts of your photos that need touching up without losing time on complex masks and selections.

SuPerBoRed, Vid, Count-Bracula, ins1dious, TangoElite, Sunny, Freeder and 3 other members praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

therock
  • therock
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

An interesting shot I took in MOMA

Museum of modern art:

DSC_1491_zps970633c0.jpg

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

ChristopherChia
  • ChristopherChia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Just the other day, I felt like buying the Nik software and was pleasantly surprised that it is now free! Can't be more happy!

I'm a photography enthusiast too.

Bros
Just starting a thread to talk about all kinds of photography.
I saw some old threads, but none specifically to talk on good photos in general, techniques, and just skills exchange.

For starters,
Google is offering their photo-editing software free!

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

Create stunning images faster
Add the power of the Nik Collection by Google to your workflow today.
Advanced editing, simplified

Easily create the photos you’ve imagined with six powerful plug-ins for Photoshop®, Lightroom®, or Aperture®.

Make precise edits quickly

Use U Point® technology to selectively edit just the parts of your photos that need touching up without losing time on complex masks and selections.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I use Lightroom. I only take pictures of my family though.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I use Windows Paint. Coz the only features I need are Cropped and Resize..

And sometimes Rotate.

Ahgong praised this
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wind30 and Mustank

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just the other day, I felt like buying the Nik software and was pleasantly surprised that it is now free! Can't be more happy!

I'm a photography enthusiast too.

Bro, Nik software has been free for a year [laugh] [laugh]

Freeder, Newbie26, Icu, Uncle2 and FourZero praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

ChristopherChia
  • ChristopherChia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Have been mainly taking photos of watches for a couple of years.

DSC_5168e_zpsgotrlu14.jpg
Lala81, Count-Bracula, Vid, Ender, ins1dious, Chowyunfatt, Sunny and 2 other members praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This thread reminded me I need to buy a new lens protector. It cracked in Seoul. Need to find my air blower also lol. There's still fragments on my lens.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You chriscentro from seikoclubsg? Great still photos.

FourZero praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

ChristopherChia
  • ChristopherChia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You chriscentro from seikoclubsg? Great still photos.

Haha yes, didnt post there for 2 months already cos im so into cars now, lol

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haha yes, didnt post there for 2 months already cos im so into cars now, lol

Your watch photography are delight to check out over at the seikoclubsg. 

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

therock
  • therock
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Have camera, will shoot, and eat too 

I believe that each photo we take should have a meaning or story behind it..

Well it was a short holiday and my friends and I decided to take a trip to Sorak San - or Mt Sorak in S Korea.

It wasn't a hard climb - I was young back then, and I went ahead of the group.. so I reached the top and rested at a waterfall. I passed three lovely ladies and a young man struggling with a rather large backpack as I went up and they were the next people to reach the resting point.

As I sat there, cooling my feet off in the cold waters, a one of the Korean ladies came up and offered me some of her food, which the young man had taken out of his backpack. It was a nice box of onigiri, and I thanked her, and proceeded to fish out my camera.

She looked at it, and seemed to understand my gesticulations about taking her photo and ran off, back to the backpack and began rummaging over the contents. I was a little puzzled and wondered if it was rude to offer to take her photo.

After a few minutes, she found a box, and began doing her face, and when she was done, she ran back and smiled at me... ah... it dawned on me that no self-respecting Korean lady would be caught on film without her make up and she wanted to look her best for the shot..

So I took this shot:

Seoul2008116.jpg

She also beckoned her friends over and they also rummaged frenetically through the man's backpack and each fished out a make up kit. So I took a bunch of photos of some lovely Korean gals with the background of a waterfall. I don't think I have had such luck with our local gals, so that was indeed a 300% improvement indeed.

Now somehow as I clicked on my camera, I noticed that there was a rather sinister evil stare, and it came from the young Korean man, who had probably planned this excursion, carried up all that food, makeup kit and all, only for a foreign chap to come and steal his beauties away with his Nikon..

Well, I am grateful for all that time I spent in the photo studio, learning my craft back in school, but I never imagined that photography would one day help me get the girl  [laugh]

Atrecord and Ender praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SO on hiking the wild trail, make up kit is an essential item to pack for the Korean ladies.  [laugh]

ins1dious praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

therock
  • therock
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

A different land, a different adventure..

There was a time when this car was radical:

JarkartaandPelabuhanRatu2008050.jpg

Can't really recall if this is the Copen or different car..

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I use Lightroom. I only take pictures of my family though.

I use the canon program
I donno call what
Good enough for me
I also only take photo of my kids
Abit of scenery like 5%?
Nowadays taking a lot less photos like 95% lesser
There's a mod call Albert in clubsnap that taught me how to use flash with manual, taught me about flash duration and how to use to achieve indoor freeze movement
I am very very thankful for that
I bought 2 more flash because of that
I taught others what I have learnt about using flash duration to achieve motion freeze
But the 3 that I taught I don't think really that interested
Bismarck and Ender praised this

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I lazy to edit with so many photo taken.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The lighting is good, the choice of subject is excellent.

However, the composition falls short of MCF's high standards.

To meet our expectations, you really need a forearm (preferably hairy), a cigar (preferably Cuban), a plate of food (preferably Kopitiam) and a newspaper article (preferably housing/economy related).

Vid, Bismarck, Ender, ins1dious, TangoElite, SuPerBoRed, Freeder and 1 other member praised this
This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

There are quite a few sites on photography but unfortunately they become less active over time. One of key issue with such forums is because of inexperienced overly controlled moderators.

One of the most popular but again is getting less active is

http://www.clubsnap....orums/index.php

Atonchia praised this

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Have camera, will shoot, and eat too 

I believe that each photo we take should have a meaning or story behind it..

Well it was a short holiday and my friends and I decided to take a trip to Sorak San - or Mt Sorak in S Korea.

It wasn't a hard climb - I was young back then, and I went ahead of the group.. so I reached the top and rested at a waterfall. I passed three lovely ladies and a young man struggling with a rather large backpack as I went up and they were the next people to reach the resting point.

As I sat there, cooling my feet off in the cold waters, a one of the Korean ladies came up and offered me some of her food, which the young man had taken out of his backpack. It was a nice box of onigiri, and I thanked her, and proceeded to fish out my camera.

She looked at it, and seemed to understand my gesticulations about taking her photo and ran off, back to the backpack and began rummaging over the contents. I was a little puzzled and wondered if it was rude to offer to take her photo.

After a few minutes, she found a box, and began doing her face, and when she was done, she ran back and smiled at me... ah... it dawned on me that no self-respecting Korean lady would be caught on film without her make up and she wanted to look her best for the shot..

So I took this shot:

Seoul2008116.jpg

She also beckoned her friends over and they also rummaged frenetically through the man's backpack and each fished out a make up kit. So I took a bunch of photos of some lovely Korean gals with the background of a waterfall. I don't think I have had such luck with our local gals, so that was indeed a 300% improvement indeed.

Now somehow as I clicked on my camera, I noticed that there was a rather sinister evil stare, and it came from the young Korean man, who had probably planned this excursion, carried up all that food, makeup kit and all, only for a foreign chap to come and steal his beauties away with his Nikon..

Well, I am grateful for all that time I spent in the photo studio, learning my craft back in school, but I never imagined that photography would one day help me get the girl  [laugh]

Actually hardly what ppl would call it make up coz no lipstick, blushes or eyeliner/shadow....just foundation cream/powder to cover the flaws on her skin....you know....freckles and acne scars. My wife told me wan.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: photography, camera, digital and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users