Photography Chat

therock

Bros

Just starting a thread to talk about all kinds of photography.

I saw some old threads, but none specifically to talk on good photos in general, techniques, and just skills exchange.

For starters, 

Google is offering their photo-editing software free!

Create stunning images faster
Add the power of the Nik Collection by Google to your workflow today.
Advanced editing, simplified

Easily create the photos you’ve imagined with six powerful plug-ins for Photoshop®, Lightroom®, or Aperture®.

Make precise edits quickly

Use U Point® technology to selectively edit just the parts of your photos that need touching up without losing time on complex masks and selections.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

Just the other day, I felt like buying the Nik software and was pleasantly surprised that it is now free! Can't be more happy!

I'm a photography enthusiast too.

Bros

Just starting a thread to talk about all kinds of photography.

I saw some old threads, but none specifically to talk on good photos in general, techniques, and just skills exchange.

For starters,

Google is offering their photo-editing software free!

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

Create stunning images faster

Add the power of the Nik Collection by Google to your workflow today.

Advanced editing, simplified

Easily create the photos you’ve imagined with six powerful plug-ins for Photoshop®, Lightroom®, or Aperture®.

Make precise edits quickly

Use U Point® technology to selectively edit just the parts of your photos that need touching up without losing time on complex masks and selections.

Hypersonic

Just the other day, I felt like buying the Nik software and was pleasantly surprised that it is now free! Can't be more happy!

I'm a photography enthusiast too.

Bro, Nik software has been free for a year [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 5

This thread reminded me I need to buy a new lens protector. It cracked in Seoul. Need to find my air blower also lol. There's still fragments on my lens.

Have been mainly taking photos of watches for a couple of years.

DSC_5168e_zpsgotrlu14.jpg

You chriscentro from seikoclubsg? Great still photos.

• Praise 1

Haha yes, didnt post there for 2 months already cos im so into cars now, lol

Your watch photography are delight to check out over at the seikoclubsg. 

Have camera, will shoot, and eat too 

I believe that each photo we take should have a meaning or story behind it..

Well it was a short holiday and my friends and I decided to take a trip to Sorak San - or Mt Sorak in S Korea.

It wasn't a hard climb - I was young back then, and I went ahead of the group.. so I reached the top and rested at a waterfall. I passed three lovely ladies and a young man struggling with a rather large backpack as I went up and they were the next people to reach the resting point.

As I sat there, cooling my feet off in the cold waters, a one of the Korean ladies came up and offered me some of her food, which the young man had taken out of his backpack. It was a nice box of onigiri, and I thanked her, and proceeded to fish out my camera.

She looked at it, and seemed to understand my gesticulations about taking her photo and ran off, back to the backpack and began rummaging over the contents. I was a little puzzled and wondered if it was rude to offer to take her photo.

After a few minutes, she found a box, and began doing her face, and when she was done, she ran back and smiled at me... ah... it dawned on me that no self-respecting Korean lady would be caught on film without her make up and she wanted to look her best for the shot..

So I took this shot:

Seoul2008116.jpg

She also beckoned her friends over and they also rummaged frenetically through the man's backpack and each fished out a make up kit. So I took a bunch of photos of some lovely Korean gals with the background of a waterfall. I don't think I have had such luck with our local gals, so that was indeed a 300% improvement indeed.

Now somehow as I clicked on my camera, I noticed that there was a rather sinister evil stare, and it came from the young Korean man, who had probably planned this excursion, carried up all that food, makeup kit and all, only for a foreign chap to come and steal his beauties away with his Nikon..

Well, I am grateful for all that time I spent in the photo studio, learning my craft back in school, but I never imagined that photography would one day help me get the girl  [laugh]

• Praise 2

A different land, a different adventure..

There was a time when this car was radical:

JarkartaandPelabuhanRatu2008050.jpg

Can't really recall if this is the Copen or different car..

I use Lightroom. I only take pictures of my family though.

I use the canon program

I donno call what

Good enough for me

I also only take photo of my kids

Abit of scenery like 5%?

Nowadays taking a lot less photos like 95% lesser

There's a mod call Albert in clubsnap that taught me how to use flash with manual, taught me about flash duration and how to use to achieve indoor freeze movement

I am very very thankful for that

I bought 2 more flash because of that

I taught others what I have learnt about using flash duration to achieve motion freeze

But the 3 that I taught I don't think really that interested

• Praise 2

Have been mainly taking photos of watches for a couple of years.

DSC_5168e_zpsgotrlu14.jpg

The lighting is good, the choice of subject is excellent.

However, the composition falls short of MCF's high standards.

To meet our expectations, you really need a forearm (preferably hairy), a cigar (preferably Cuban), a plate of food (preferably Kopitiam) and a newspaper article (preferably housing/economy related).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8