Photography Chat

therock

If a monkey can read, so can you...

A caption suitable for our National Libraries.. [laugh]

Mistake.He is looking at pictures.And if you want to inquire further,buy the book.

mtl

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I should really break out the cameras more often. Or maybe it's time I got a good bridge; I'm no longer quite as ... nonchalant in regards to the load produced by a DSLR + lenses  :a-confused:

(edited)

I should really break out the cameras more often. Or maybe it's time I got a good bridge; I'm no longer quite as ... nonchalant in regards to the load produced by a DSLR + lenses  :a-confused:

I only travel with my 50mm. So that's why i still can live with it when i travel. But I'm getting to the point, bring just handphone also can liao haha

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I only travel with my 50mm. So that's why i still can live with it when i travel. But I'm getting to the point, bring just handphone also can liao haha

I rather use handphone for 50mm portrait, and get a wide lens for landscape.

Turbocharged
(edited)

My phone is old and its camera is hardly up to snuff by current standards. It also has annoying quirks like inaccurate preview exposure and long minimum focal distance.

Normally I carry a wide-angle-mid-telephoto lens and a long telephoto. Somehow it once was quite fine for me, now it seems cumbersome and bothersome to be lens swapping  :a-rip2:

Edited by 7hm

If a monkey can read, so can you...  

A caption suitable for our National Libraries..  [laugh]

Sorry,

READ your own WILL, otherwise, others will put words in your mouth.

• Praise 2

My phone is old and its camera is hardly up to snuff by current standards. It also has annoying quirks like inaccurate preview exposure and long minimum focal distance.

Normally I carry a wide-angle-mid-telephoto lens and a long telephoto. Somehow it once was quite fine for me, now it seems cumbersome and bothersome to be lens swapping  :a-rip2:

I used to carry 1 body & 1 len only.  It is already very heavy to move around.

Now, i am using Sony RX1.  Full frame with 35mm lens.  I can always crop later.

• Praise 3

I should really break out the cameras more often. Or maybe it's time I got a good bridge; I'm no longer quite as ... nonchalant in regards to the load produced by a DSLR + lenses :a-confused:

When on holiday, I have only use SLR and DSLR for the last 20yrs.

Finally decided to get a Sony RX100,

Almost exactly like my Alpha camera, but no need to change lenses. Function & layout wise very close.

Pocket size camera.

Great for landscape and even better for street photography because less intimidating size.

I didn't like small camera in the past bcos of tendency to get blurry photos, held only by fingers while SLR/DSLR are with V-grip & lenses provided more stable platform.

But with steadyshots/antishake + great lense, now compact cameras yield same results.

I rather use handphone for 50mm portrait, and get a wide lens for landscape.

HP are great versatile tool.

But only latest/selected model can have bokeh effect. Most HP give deep depth of field effect to provide overall sharp effect.

Turbocharged
(edited)

When on holiday, I have only use SLR and DSLR for the last 20yrs.

Finally decided to get a Sony RX100,

Almost exactly like my Alpha camera, but no need to change lenses. Function & layout wise very close.

Pocket size camera.

Great for landscape and even better for street photography because less intimidating size.

I didn't like small camera in the past bcos of tendency to get blurry photos, held only by fingers while SLR/DSLR are with V-grip & lenses provided more stable platform.

But with steadyshots/antishake + great lense, now compact cameras yield same results.

Likewise. I am honestly thinking if I had money to spare on photography equipment, I would probably just outright buy a SONY RX10. I suppose a compromise would be Canon Powershot G series or SONY's lower grade bridges like the HX350 (much cheaper).

But I am not a frequent traveller and my photography penchant is not as obsessive as some would be so I should probably keep the $$$. My existing equipment is good as is... though I guess the draw is that a new bridge or compact would give me something I would not hesitate to carry everyday... especially if it has some kind of wireless cloud upload function.

I do not doubt that the overall lens quality throughout the entire focal length range of a 1~50x type of bridge would be inferior to more dedicated lenses of DSLRs, but for convenience, there is no horse race at all.

Edited by 7hm

HP are great versatile tool.

But only latest/selected model can have bokeh effect. Most HP give deep depth of field effect to provide overall sharp effect.

i actually meant use handphone portrait shot as the distant is closer where it won't lose much of the effect, but still need to bring along a proper wide lens camera for landscape shot. 

Nowadays the new HP camera from HTC, One Plus, Samsung, etc all come with f1.7 or f1.8, pretty good for close shot and download some apps that provide manual setting can further enhance the effect of the image.

i actually meant use handphone portrait shot as the distant is closer where it won't lose much of the effect, but still need to bring along a proper wide lens camera for landscape shot. 

Nowadays the new HP camera from HTC, One Plus, Samsung, etc all come with f1.7 or f1.8, pretty good for close shot and download some apps that provide manual setting can further enhance the effect of the image.

got kids, don't really need landscape haha

no time to appreciate scenery

• Praise 1

Likewise. I am honestly thinking if I had money to spare on photography equipment, I would probably just outright buy a SONY RX10. I suppose a compromise would be Canon Powershot G series or SONY's lower grade bridges like the HX350 (much cheaper).

But I am not a frequent traveller and my photography penchant is not as obsessive as some would be so I should probably keep the $$$. My existing equipment is good as is... though I guess the draw is that a new bridge or compact would give me something I would not hesitate to carry everyday... especially if it has some kind of wireless cloud upload function.

I do not doubt that the overall lens quality throughout the entire focal length range of a 1~50x type of bridge would be inferior to more dedicated lenses of DSLRs, but for convenience, there is no horse race at all.

Just get RX100 for travelling.  RX10 is no smaller than DSLR le.

Of course, if you have $$$$$$$$, RX1.

Turbocharged

Just get RX100 for travelling.  RX10 is no smaller than DSLR le.

Of course, if you have $$$$$$$$, RX1.

True, but personally I don't need smaller than DSLR, I am okay with the size (because I like the added grip provided by the shape), more I am thinking of a fully integrated replacement for a DSLR such that can carry just one thing instead of 3 parts that altogether weigh much more.

7D? ^_^

Yalor

Not unhappy enough to chut 1dx :XD:

My old 40d + yong nuo 35mm f2 + taobao cheap underwater casing = underwater camera [idea]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

this is so true, time is never enough when they are around... [;)]

got kids, don't really need landscape haha

no time to appreciate scenery

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3