Photography Chat

therock

I think camera makers by now should know the consumer cameras such as the compact camera is dead. What they can do now is focus on enthusias and pro cameras.

I have also tiagong Olympus has stop making lenses for MFT. I think this MFT system is also becoming obsolete as camera makers are going towards APS-C or bigger size sensor systems for compact mirrorless interchangable lens cameras.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I think camera makers by now should know the consumer cameras such as the compact camera is dead. What they can do now is focus on enthusias and pro cameras.

I have also tiagong Olympus has stop making lenses for MFT. I think this MFT system is also becoming obsolete as camera makers are going towards APS-C or bigger size sensor systems for compact mirrorless interchangable lens cameras.

Sure or not? They just released a bunch of Pro primes with f/1.2

I think compact camera with non inter-changeable lens will be faced out soon with handphone camera getting better. Whether it is mirrorless or otherwise, the big item is the lens. Till technology can replace lens, the camera will stay more or less the same. [:p]

Stuff like the Sony RX100, Panasonic LX100 and even the Fuji's x100 is showing robust sales. 

It's only the small, compact point and shoots that languishing in sales.

Nikon and Canon always crimped their mirrorless efforts so that it doesn't compete with their bigger DSLR brothers... whatever happened to Nikon's V1? No sound about that system at all... 

Of course... the sales of all of them, whether DSLR or Mirrorless... is a drop in the ocean compared to the number of cameras on smartphones

• Praise 1

Stuff like the Sony RX100, Panasonic LX100 and even the Fuji's x100 is showing robust sales. 

Nikon and Canon always crimped their mirrorless efforts so that it doesn't compete with their bigger DSLR brothers... whatever happened to Nikon's V1? No sound about that system at all... 

Of course... the sales of all of them, whether DSLR or Mirrorless... is a drop in the ocean compared to the number of cameras on smartphones

Agree more people are going for compact P&S camera, they know that with the technology even phone camera can do a decent job. In fact i wasn't too fancy about mirrorless cam, not as fast as compact and not as flexi/manual as DSLR.

I am looking for a P&S camera now, my wife nag every time we go travel with the bulky DSLR and lens   [sweatdrop]

My niece is very interested in photography, think of buying a sony A5000 for her as a xmas present.

Just place order for 85mm f1.8 for myself. xmas shopping quite fierce on my pocket. lol.

• Praise 1

Agree more people are going for compact P&S camera, they know that with the technology even phone camera can do a decent job. In fact i wasn't too fancy about mirrorless cam, not as fast as compact and not as flexi/manual as DSLR.

I am looking for a P&S camera now, my wife nag every time we go travel with the bulky DSLR and lens   [sweatdrop]

I had stopping carrying all these bulky stuff long ago and moved to Fuji X1.

My niece is very interested in photography, think of buying a sony A5000 for her as a xmas present.

Just place order for 85mm f1.8 for myself. xmas shopping quite fierce on my pocket. lol.

i also just bought the A5000 for my girl (selling cheap in Qoo10), she didn't like it cos not as flexible as DSLR, she is used to my DSLR for few years   [laugh]

but it is a cute phone for beginner and for girl, easy and light to carry around for selfie. 

I bought my last compact camera at least 10 years ago. No wonder Nikon has to close 8t compact camera factory....

apparently our 'focus' was not on our wife when we have the toy in hand   [laugh]  [laugh]

i also just bought the A5000 for my girl (selling cheap in Qoo10), she didn't like it cos not as flexible as DSLR, she is used to my DSLR for few years   [laugh]

but it is a cute phone for beginner and for girl, easy and light to carry around for selfie. 

apparently our 'focus' was not on our wife when we have the toy in hand   [laugh]  [laugh]

Ya, A5000 is selling cheap in Q0010 and looks like a good start for photography. Her PNS quite chui. [thumbsup] for your girl to be good in DSLR.

Buy a super telephoto that can extend to 400mm and shoot in RAW. Your wife might like it. [sly]

• Praise 1

• Praise 1

Anyone have any recommended lens rental shops?

i went for my girl's concert for the first time this year. She's K1. I only have a 24-120mm F4 and i was seated further back.

Next year will be her final kindy concert, so want to take some nice photos while she's performing (no videos needed as got official dvd).

Thinking of renting a 70-200mm F2.8 VRII

i went for my girl's concert for the first time this year. She's K1. I only have a 24-120mm F4 and i was seated further back.

Next year will be her final kindy concert, so want to take some nice photos while she's performing (no videos needed as got official dvd).

unless you are standing by the side, if not people will complain about the lens blocking their view.

The school usually will have recording and ask you to pay for it, dun worry about taking photo of the stage, can always take before or after.

unless you are standing by the side, if not people will complain about the lens blocking their view.

The school usually will have recording and ask you to pay for it, dun worry about taking photo of the stage, can always take before or after.

oh no lah. want to take live action when she's moving around.

Yeah got video recording. that one is fine.

Should be ok lah. it's a proper seated auditorium. Shouldn't block anyone.

I normally go the camera rental centre at new bridge road. Din really compare the prices as my friend was working there. Now not so sure. But you may want to use a stand as the lens is heavy. Why don't just shoot at 110mm and crop the picture in post?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1