Photography Chat

therock

it depend very much of one expectations. camera body is just 1 part of the equation. lenses are very important.

without tools, there is always limitations.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

generally shooting my kids. I usually use F2.5-2.8.

At 50mm.

F1.8 is not easy to use even with AF-C unless the lighting is so CMI until u need it. Lol i probably can't make use of a F1.4 lens even if i wanted to ...

I'm using Olympus EM10 and Nikon D700/D90

Fav focal length is 35mm

My cams

For my EM10... I was debating between the Panasonic branded Leica 25/1.4 and the Olympus 17/1.8.

Both similar price. The Panaleica probably better value as it came with a nice metal lens hood. Cheap skates Oly didn't include one.

But still went for the Oly cos I like the 35mm equivalent more than the 50mm equivalent of the Panaleica.

This

post-46412-0-01967300-1490795570_thumb.jpg

I got the Voigtlander 17,5mm f0.95 lens, heavy but worth it.

For my EM10... I was debating between the Panasonic branded Leica 25/1.4 and the Olympus 17/1.8.

Both similar price. The Panaleica probably better value as it came with a nice metal lens hood. Cheap skates Oly didn't include one.

But still went for the Oly cos I like the 35mm equivalent more than the 50mm equivalent of the Panaleica.

This

That's like S$5.4k after currency conversion. Might as well buy from local Sony shop which is S$5.0k, even cheaper if you go to other local retail.

I thought it's because of the sensor shortage owning to the Kumamoto earthquake. Yours the M2 version?

Edited by Icu
  • Praise 1

Canon users say canon is better. So the same goes to Nikon and other brand users. I think once you got use to a particular brand, you are use to their terminology and button position, you will stick to the same brand. Moreover, you can't switch the lenses around which is the biggest investment. :a-fun:

Whatever brand, the pricing determine what you get and expect. Of course there are some costing added to branding if you wish to display the logo. :wacko: Personally, the original lens works best although some 3rd party lens are not too bad especially their price.

• Praise 1

I remembered when I was in Bangkok, travelling back to the city from Asiatique Riverfront in the long boat, I was taking photos of the night scene with my Sony Nex5n. The lady passenger seating behind me went wow, and wow after each shot I taken on my camera's LCD screen. Her bf or husband was using a DSLR to take the same night scene but the photos came out blur.

She tapped my shoulder and asked me what camera I am using, I said "its a Sony". She turned to the guy and said let's get a Sony!!!

But I think its more of how you control your camera and when to press the shuttle while in a rocking boat that makes a night shot amazing, bright and sharp. I had to "read" the rhythm of the boat and choose when to push the shuttle button.

So even with a DSLR, if one dont know how to use it, its also a useless camera.

• Praise 3

Yep, it's never about the camera...

Japan2008DIII062-1.jpg

I have capture some very nice shots on my iPhone. I was able to whip it out and take the shot before it was gone..

Sometimes the subject, the moment or composition matter more than the utmost clarity..

[laugh]

Paris2011024.jpg

• Praise 4

I order to catch the subject in the most natural expression, sometimes the camera must be as small as possible :XD:

6a47cbef2494f5c5fec2cde61686897d.jpg

Upskirt photography? [smash]

• Praise 2

That's like S$5.4k after currency conversion. Might as well buy from local Sony shop which is S$5.0k, even cheaper if you go to other local retail.

I thought it's because of the sensor shortage owning to the Kumamoto earthquake. Yours the M2 version?

I bought Mk1.  Mk1 has 2 version, 1 with anti-alias filter & 1 without anti-alias filter.

As usual photography thread becomes my camera is bigger talk. [laugh]

From iphone.  I had crop the photo & change the brightness.

I order to catch the subject in the most natural expression, sometimes the camera must be as small as possible :XD:

6a47cbef2494f5c5fec2cde61686897d.jpg

U need this bluetooth shutter to take photo discreetly

https://www.krisshopair.com/product_info.aspx?pid=45515A4F5450455450405153485150262C533F35

post-16870-0-43656400-1490837563_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

No upskirts shots here bro..

There's already a Jason thread for that...

PG, PG... cheers !

↡ Advertisement