Photography Chat

therock

Regardless any brand ,just enjoy this wonderful hobby.My humble shot of Melbourne China Town in B & W,taken with Canon M5.

post-128830-0-02026600-1490840895_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Yep, it's never about the camera...

Japan2008DIII062-1.jpg

I have capture some very nice shots on my iPhone. I was able to whip it out and take the shot before it was gone..

Sometimes the subject, the moment or composition matter more than the utmost clarity..

[laugh]

Paris2011024.jpg

HP cameras are getting better. Great for taking stills and landscape but not so much for fast moving actions like sports, kids and animals.

Took this with my v20 using the wide angle lens while drying my laundry.

post-57008-0-52602400-1490839212_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I bought Mk1.  Mk1 has 2 version, 1 with anti-alias filter & 1 without anti-alias filter.

I thought the R already indicated no AA filter.

That's the difference between RX1 and RX1R no?

My friend had the RX1, so i was reading about it back then. Think was the time Mr Lee passed away.

I thought the R already indicated no AA filter.

That's the difference between RX1 and RX1R no?

My friend had the RX1, so i was reading about it back then. Think was the time Mr Lee passed away.

That's Mk1.

For Mk2, AA filter can be on or off.

HP cameras are getting better. Great for taking stills and landscape but not so much for fast moving actions like sports, kids and animals.

Took this with my v20 using the wide angle lens while drying my laundry.

attachicon.gif20161112_122405_resized.jpg

the difference in few years of technology makes.

My D90 which i bought in 2008 was considered very competent in the DX range then. I passed it to my dad when he goes on holiday.

Now the ISO that it can capture in very low light environment even with a F1.8 lens is way lousier than my dad's S7. Which takes a functional image even though it's a noisy capture.

That's Mk1.

For Mk2, AA filter can be on or off.

Ah. Thanks.

Regardless any brand ,just enjoy this wonderful hobby.My humble shot of Melbourne China Town in B & W,taken with Canon M5.

Sometimes B&W images that don't do too much contrast editing are not as striking but nicer.

I remembered when I was in Bangkok, travelling back to the city from Asiatique Riverfront in the long boat, I was taking photos of the night scene with my Sony Nex5n. The lady passenger seating behind me went wow, and wow after each shot I taken on my camera's LCD screen. Her bf or husband was using a DSLR to take the same night scene but the photos came out blur.

She tapped my shoulder and asked me what camera I am using, I said "its a Sony". She turned to the guy and said let's get a Sony!!!

But I think its more of how you control your camera and when to press the shuttle while in a rocking boat that makes a night shot amazing, bright and sharp. I had to "read" the rhythm of the boat and choose when to push the shuttle button.

So even with a DSLR, if one dont know how to use it, its also a useless camera.

The NEX 5N was very good in low light for it's time. It's still quite competent though for really important shoots I use a FF DSLR.  The only thing I don't like about mine is the AF. I suppose I could get the Alpha 6000/6300/6500 for the better AF but I think not worth the cost for my type of usage. 

Have experimented with an adapter for my Canon lenses. Use Zebra/ peaking to help manual focus as the not-so-stellar AF is even worse with the non native lens.

post-19579-0-60758000-1490844316_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

Should I buy a 2nd hand 7d2 to upgrade from my 40d?

Still need the insane auto focus of dslr

if buy, I probably going to use my 40d as a time lapse machine until the shutter conk off :grin:

I've seen very nice images from the 7D2 even in low light. Definitely a significant upgrade from the 40D.

I sold my 40D and got a grey market 6D from www.technogadgets.com.sg 

The difference is huge (but AF for action 40D wins)

I've seen very nice images from the 7D2 even in low light. Definitely a significant upgrade from the 40D.

I sold my 40D and got a grey market 6D from www.technogadgets.com.sg

The difference is huge (but AF for action 40D wins)

I am sucker for af :grin:

if buy, I probably going to use my 40d as a time lapse machine until the shutter conk off :grin:

An older mobile phone (such as an iPhone 5) works fine with a cheap tripod and power bank, as a rough and ready time lapse machine.

Get 5dm4! Lol

7dm2 is probably the best apsc body canon has right now. Def a notch up from the 40d. Why dont u go for used 5d3? Personally, ff sensors are not only bigger, but also better in quality.

I am sucker for af :grin:

actually u are only shooting your kids right. U don't really need telephoto. So why stick to DX?

Personally i don't think there's much a 7D2 can do that a sony a6300 can't. It can also take roughly as many shots per seconds. From my friend's photography, i don't think the AF is too slow even on a smaller cam.

i can understand sticking to a DX if u are using it to catch birds or something.

Edited by Lala81

the difference in few years of technology makes.

My D90 which i bought in 2008 was considered very competent in the DX range then. I passed it to my dad when he goes on holiday.

Now the ISO that it can capture in very low light environment even with a F1.8 lens is way lousier than my dad's S7. Which takes a functional image even though it's a noisy capture.

Ah. Thanks.

Sometimes B&W images that don't do too much contrast editing are not as striking but nicer.

Exactly. My first dslr is the 1000d. Comparing the images now. My hp can take better low light shots. From what i remember, the 1000d starts to get noisy shots above 600iso.

Wanted to give to my niece to play since she seems to have interest in photography. But i need to pull it out and see the photo quality before i decide. If its crap, probably will put it in my display cabinet and buy a compact for her.

actually u are only shooting your kids right. U don't really need telephoto. So why stick to DX?

Personally i don't think there's much a 7D2 can do that a sony a6300 can't. It can also take roughly as many shots per seconds. From my friend's photography, i don't think the AF is too slow even on a smaller cam.

i can understand sticking to a DX if u are using it to catch birds or something.

I think he meant the af points. It has 65 af points covering machiam the whole screen. With that much af points, it is easier to capture sharper image as you spend less time compossing the view. Comparing to the old 9 points on the 5dm2 and 11 on the 6d. 65 is alot.

I think he meant the af points. It has 65 af points covering machiam the whole screen. With that much af points, it is easier to capture sharper image as you spend less time compossing the view. Comparing to the old 9 points on the 5dm2 and 11 on the 6d. 65 is alot.

Bro. technology.

The 7D2 was 2014 technology. And even then other than the multiple AF points, it wasn't even close to groundbreaking.

Sony a6300.

https://petapixel.com/2016/02/03/sony-a6300-boasts-the-worlds-fastest-af-and-highest-number-of-af-points/

A new 4D Focus system can lock onto a subject in as little as 0.05 seconds, which sets a new record among interchangeable lens cameras with APS-C sensors, Sony says. The camera also boasts a staggering 425 phase detection AF points — the world’s highest number among interchangeable lens cameras — that are densely placed across the entire frame (it’s 7.5x more dense than in the α6000).

These points help the camera do fast and accurate continuous autofocusing while shooting at 11fps, and the enhanced tracking and AF are also compatible with A-mount lenses connected via adapter — a first for a Sony APS-C camera.

Actually it is going to be super underutilized

Though my old 40d had seen lots of usage

Maybe shouldn't waste money lah

You know the backside itchy thing :grin:

Bro. technology.

The 7D2 was 2014 technology. And even then other than the multiple AF points, it wasn't even close to groundbreaking.

Sony a6300.

https://petapixel.com/2016/02/03/sony-a6300-boasts-the-worlds-fastest-af-and-highest-number-of-af-points/

I think if I don't have canon things, I would have bought Sony