Photography Chat

therock

I use Lightroom only. 

But the Adobe software never ceases to amaze me. The limits of your manipulation and tweaking is only limited by your brain  [thumbsup]

Before Adobe, I used Enlarger.   [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I remembered when I was in Bangkok, travelling back to the city from Asiatique Riverfront in the long boat, I was taking photos of the night scene with my Sony Nex5n. The lady passenger seating behind me went wow, and wow after each shot I taken on my camera's LCD screen. Her bf or husband was using a DSLR to take the same night scene but the photos came out blur.

She tapped my shoulder and asked me what camera I am using, I said "its a Sony". She turned to the guy and said let's get a Sony!!!

But I think its more of how you control your camera and when to press the shuttle while in a rocking boat that makes a night shot amazing, bright and sharp. I had to "read" the rhythm of the boat and choose when to push the shuttle button.

So even with a DSLR, if one dont know how to use it, its also a useless camera.

Sony has antishake in camera body.

Guess no one shares my interest in bridge cameras. I am still waiting for stupid Canon to refresh the G3x.

Used to own one before getting into DSLR. With the advert of  kit lens and mirrorless cameras, it is less compelling to get one considering the approximate bulk vs ISO & sensor quality trade-off. 

That being said, some differentiating models do deserve a second look (e.g. the Sony RX10 M3) though.

With entry level aps-c or dx Dslr at very affordable prices, and such a small sensor with the bulk. Can't see why anyone wants one.

With entry level aps-c or dx Dslr at very affordable prices, and such a small sensor with the bulk. Can't see why anyone wants one.

weight and convenience? 

Guess no one shares my interest in bridge cameras. I am still waiting for stupid Canon to refresh the G3x.

Mine is with the superzooms.  [cool]

weight and convenience? 

Bridge cameras have a lot of controls, they are DSLR like but only slightly smaller than the most entry level DSLRs. 

They come from a time when DSLRs are >1k. So at 600-800 dollars, they had value for people who want good control over photo settings.

But inherently the sensor is still small with the it being the best in compact camera size.

sensor sizes in comparison.

post-4207-0-55870800-1491213988.png

• Praise 1

(edited)

Bridge cameras have a lot of controls, they are DSLR like but only slightly smaller than the most entry level DSLRs. 

They come from a time when DSLRs are >1k. So at 600-800 dollars, they had value for people who want good control over photo settings.

But inherently the sensor is still small with the it being the best in compact camera size.

sensor sizes in comparison.

attachicon.gifSensor_sizes_overlaid_inside.svg.png

AFAIK,  bridge can never be DSLR like -  they usually have aperture limitation. 

Edited by Kklee

Eh this one is real photo meh! Looks so beautiful

Tiagong is go to bottom of the valley to take the Milky Way one

Tiagong only ah

:XD:

Tiagong is go to bottom of the valley to take the Milky Way one

Tiagong only ah

:XD:

Wah u put so many disclaimers, make doggie wonder if it's fake news or not [:p]

• Praise 1