Samsung S8 - a phoenix rises from the Note 7 ashes

Lala81

The problem with China phone is that the whatsapp notification can be an issue. Sometime after setting it...still miss some notification

that's with xiaomi? or Huawei or oppo.

Hypersonic

Why so big? I prefer S series than Notes due to the size. If they make so big, no more choice for me.

Why so big? I prefer S series than Notes due to the size. If they make so big, no more choice for me.

bigger, kinder on the eyes haha.

Anyway sometimes watch video, feel not big/shiok enough lol.

5.8" already bigger than the current S7 Edge [sweatdrop]

5.8" already bigger than the current S7 Edge [sweatdrop]

not really so big difference as u think. like i said, i measured a screen with the home button area, that's already 5.5" on the current S6 profile. They also lengthened it by no more samsung logo on top.

The phone size is virtually the same, just bit taller.

That's why the 18.5:9 ratio which is a bit long...

Experienced this with Xiaomi mi5. Vomit blood.

Mine note4x OK with WhatsApp notification. The only downside is the camera whtn taking in low light surrounding.

(edited)

Been using my S6 edge and S7 edge naked screen (wasted money initially on some tempered glass SP which cracked easily) 

So far no scratches and I appreciate the original smoothness and gliding finger action on the bare screen. 

Just don't stuff ur phone into a pocket full of keys and coins...  :XD: 

Everything looks good on the phone except the curved screen imo. Hard to get glass screen protector for it.

Edited by Vratenza

Twincharged

Been using my S6 edge and S7 edge naked screen (wasted money initially on some tempered glass SP which cracked easily) 

So far no scratches and I appreciate the original smoothness and gliding finger action on the bare screen. 

Just don't stuff ur phone into a pocket full of keys and coins...  :XD: 

The screen should be able to survive the keys and coins though. My wife just throws her S7 and mi5s into her bag with everything inside. Whole phone scratched up but screen still no scratches.

Don't be so kiasu and rush to buy when it's launched. In case of another problem and Samsung recall this S8, u won't feel like a fool again

Turbocharged
(edited)

Experienced this with Xiaomi mi5. Vomit blood.

I don't have problems with whatapps

I used redmi1 redmi2 mi4 note1 note2 note3 and mimax in my household.

I guess it might be some setting u hv set wrongly.

Edited by Mcf777

(edited)

my BIL is on Note3. He seems fine as well.

But my mother's redmi had this irritating thing whereby i couldn't add a contact in whatsapp. took me 30-40 mins of banging head to find out how to fix it.

Later found out there was a option disabling apps from changing in-phone data ...

Edited by Lala81

but xiaomi's camera is quite laoya. Like maybe 4 years old technology.

Yes is true. Those with good camera be it Korea or China brand easily cost 700 plus.

I can't complain much on China phone given her price. Probably go for P9 once P10 launched. Hope price drop below 500.

↡ Advertisement