Samsung S8 - a phoenix rises from the Note 7 ashes

Lala81

(edited)

I was reading a review that the Huawei P10/P10+ though good, the screen is not oleophobic.

Haha that one definitely will need a tempered glass screen protector.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

a tempered glass protector can never be as good as the gorilla glass, if not they won't be selling at sub $30. Soon the scratches become obvious on the glass that you need to replace again. 

Twincharged

but xiaomi's camera is quite laoya. Like maybe 4 years old technology.

I think must get their higher end range. Still value for money and the camera is good. My wife using the mi5s says the camera is good enough for casual user. She doesn't even bother to take out her S7 to take photos if she is using her mi5s cuz she says the difference is negligible in good lighting.

[laugh]  [laugh]   like that also can then what kind of protection is this?  

South-Korean technology giant Samsung recently made most headlines for finally unveiling its Galaxy S8, S8+ smartphones. While most fans are in absolute awe of the new super-device, YouTuber iDevice meanwhile managed to discover a major flaw in the smartphone’s much-boast about facial recognition technology.

The blogger held up a selfie from another phone in front of the S8’s facial recognition technology, which resulted in success of unlocking the premium-handset. This truly is disappointing as the device’s latest technology was believed to be having to protect the smartphone from being unlocked by ‘ANYONE’ except for the user him/herself.

Separately, we are all aware of the awesome things that can be achieved by the smartphone’s newest facial recognition technology. Firstly, it adapts ‘lightening’ quick technology, thereby recognising a face in seconds. Secondly because its facial-tracking features are commendable.

Which hp screen is good in bright direct sunlight?

My S6 looks very dark while I was using it yesterday morning under bright sunshine. Need to use hand to cover the glare.

Which hp screen is good in bright direct sunlight?

My S6 looks very dark while I was using it yesterday morning under bright sunshine. Need to use hand to cover the glare.

It's just maximum screen brightness lor. Just adjust manually.

Sometimes the auto brightness is not working well. Just on-off again in settings.

I don't have problems with whatapps

I used redmi1 redmi2 mi4 note1 note2 note3 and mimax in my household.

I guess it might be some setting u hv set wrongly.

No idea. Been trying to change all setting but failed. So moved back to samsung.

No idea. Been trying to change all setting but failed. So moved back to samsung.

or could be just 1 lemon out of many

Supersonic

This one is well known already lor...

Twincharged

Most facial recognition is like that one la. Can bypass easily with a photo. But if you aren't a celebrity or some famous person, unlikely for people to have your photo to use to unlock your phone la. Unless you go put your selfie as your lockscreen wallpaper. Lol.

Even those digital locks using thumbprint also can bypass easily with a scan of a person's thumbprint printed on a piece of paper. Saw it being done on mythbusters and tried it out. Worked on quite a number of these locks.

Don't like apple and given up on samsung . . . I'm with OPPO and Barca now  ^_^

what's barca

Lol

? Isn't it more expensive.

more satki mah holding one.

no meh? that's what I was told leh :huh:

I android sucker no no lo...

Turbocharged

i maybe navie, phone technology so difficult meh? i think hardware is nothing. android phones, arent they all more or less the same?

i have ditched apple and never look back.

Supersonic

Wonder if samsung will have a phone with sdcard +2 sim cards.

Otherwise I think i am sticking with LG.

The problem with China phone is that the whatsapp notification can be an issue. Sometime after setting it...still miss some notification

Just wack a new ROM like Resurrection Remix.

↡ Advertisement