Samsung S8 - a phoenix rises from the Note 7 ashes

Lala81

i maybe navie, phone technology so difficult meh? i think hardware is nothing. android phones, arent they all more or less the same?

i have ditched apple and never look back.

Hardware is the diff .... android all the same
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

i maybe navie, phone technology so difficult meh? i think hardware is nothing. android phones, arent they all more or less the same?

i have ditched apple and never look back.

Ya. Most flagships have very similar hardware. It's how the software drives them. Hardware differences can be screen type (Led Vs LCD) batt capacity, speakers (which no one gives a hoot now), etc.

Phone makers can only play with the design, features and UI to make their product unique. In terms of bezel-less design, I think MiMix is the best. 6.4 inches with a footprint smaller than my V20. How the sound is generated w/o the typical transmitter is interesting. Too bad on the limited release, price, MIUI and not-a-flagship kind of performance.

• Praise 1

Wonder if samsung will have a phone with sdcard +2 sim cards.

Otherwise I think i am sticking with LG.

Samsung A9 Pro is such, readily available in sg.

can pre-order liao, do you think this one can flip for $1K profit like iphone?   [laugh]   

Samsung Galaxy S8 devices available from April 29; pre-orders start Friday
PUBLISHED: 1:05 PM, APRIL 5, 2017

S8 and S8+ priced at RRP of S$1,148, S$1,298 respectively; comes in 3 shades

SINGAPORE — Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy smartphones, the S8 and the S8+, will go on sale from 29 April for S$1,148 and S$1,298 respectively, with pre-orders commencing Friday (April 7).

Consumers can register their interest with the three major telecommunication operators from 12pm on Friday.

They can also pre-order the devices online at www.samsung.com/sg/galaxys8 and at major consumer electronics stores’ websites (Best Denki, Courts, Gain City, Hachi, Harvey Norman and Newstead) and Lazada Singapore from 12pm on Friday, or at selected Samsung Experience Stores during opening hours on Friday.

Pre-orders for the devices will also be available at the Galaxy Studio at Ngee Ann City during opening hours but will only commence a week later on 14 April at 11am.

Customers are required to place a S$50 deposit per device when they pre-order them at the Samsung Experience stores or the Galaxy Studio.

Customers who have successfully pre-ordered will receive their phones and a complimentary Wireless Charger Convertible worth S$118 during collection of their devices from April 22 upon full payment.

Additionally, those who have successfully pre-ordered at Samsung Store online, Samsung Experience Store, Galaxy Studio, consumer electronics stores and Lazada.sg will also receive a S$100 Samsung Accessories Voucher, dependent on terms and conditions.

All consumers who have previously purchased any of the Galaxy S7 devices with Samsung Concierge will be eligible for the yearly upgrade to either the Galaxy S8 devices with their upgrade penalty fee waived if they intend to make the upgrade through their respective telecommunication operators.

Those who purchased any of the Galaxy S7 devices and Samsung Concierge from Samsung Experience Stores can get S$350 off when they upgrade to either Galaxy S8 device.

The Korean electronics giant launched the long-awaited successors to its flagship Samsung Galaxy series, the 64GB S8 and S8+ on March 29 at the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event in New York. Both smartphones feature bigger screens than their S7 predecessors as well as Samsung’s voice-powered digital assistant Bixby and compatibility with Samsung DeX docking station. Recurring features include IP68 water/dust resistance and microSD support (up to 256GB).

They will come in three shades at launch: Maple Gold, Midnight Black and Orchid Gray. It’s unclear at the moment whether the two remaining colours, Artic Silver and Coral Blue, will eventually be made available in Singapore.

Interested customers can check out the telcos’ websites for more information:

• M1: www.m1.com.sg/galaxys8
• Singtel: www.singtel.com/galaxys8
• StarHub: www.starhub.com/galaxys8

I bought one ald. Used smart switch to transfer my photos, music, contacts, messages and other things EXCEPT whatsapp from my old iphone 6 plus to s8 plus.

First few days using it, not used to it and the screen very long man, hopefully i can survive with this phone haha

Supersonic

Samsung A9 Pro is such, readily available in sg.

Haha. Thanks but that would be a downgrade from my v20.....

Few things to note:

1. Charging super fast

2. Battery not bad quite lasting

3. Interesting selfie camera that can brighten the screen as light

4. Have yet to test the water resistant hehe

5. Two lock button on right and left, weird.

6. Fingerprint sucks abit hard to find at the back

7. Still waiting my case, as for now confused with front and back esp in the dark

8. Iris scan very tok kong, best feature about this phone

So guys, don't worry u can sleep with peace, ur wifey will not use ur finger print while u sleeping haha. Need open eye to unlock

• Praise 7

Few things to note:

1. Charging super fast

7. Still waiting my case, as for now confused with front and back esp in the dark

So guys, don't worry u can sleep with peace, ur wifey will not use ur finger print while u sleeping haha. Need open eye to unlock

Can't hold back laughing your last point.

So you mean your wife always sneak on you using your fingers?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Waiting for the Windows version IF IT COMES. :D

Windows?

MS already gave up liao. why bother?

Can't hold back laughing your last point.

So you mean your wife always sneak on you using your fingers?

I no wife yet but i understand the plight of husbands haha, 男人的苦衷

Twincharged

Few things to note:

1. Charging super fast

Left side is bixby button. Not lock button.

Hypersonic

Few things to note:

1. Charging super fast

Maybe after switching to S8 you will said byes bye to iPhone.

Anyone, when I iPhone 8 is release, it should also be using OLED screen. That is made by their biggest competitor.

• Praise 1

It's going to be around the price of MacBook. [knife] Apple Huat arh... :D 

But then, like milk powders, more expensive means betterer to SGporeans.

Maybe after switching to S8 you will said byes bye to iPhone.
Anyone, when I iPhone 8 is release, it should also be using OLED screen. That is made by their biggest competitor.

Hypersonic

Oh yah hor just realise that

And i am still not used to samsung keyboard alot typo in typing this lol

Try the camera for night photo shot.

Few things to note:

1. Charging super fast

drop into toilet bowl see still work or not  :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4