Garmen tackling fake news trolls beware

Staff69

Tuan, No problems, I will remember your kind advice, by the way..

How to fence off the one always haunting here ? I mean the resident ghost. Thanks in advance.

arrr....that ghost.....think got no talisman ward him off. Maybe can use BMW emblem...this wan is to attract him....
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Eh witch and not bitch... @staff69 admit he one!

You and Tianmo jealous is it

post-131345-0-59055400-1491210060_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

Eh witch and not bitch... @staff69 admit he one!

So now he is going to ditch the bitch to be a witch? Or the other way round?  [:p]  :XD:

• Praise 2

Always around their general election, we must be punching bag, reality is the conclusion of genuine real news.

Next please, I mean next allegations please....

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Sometimes people spread news out of goodwill such as bomb threats, MRT down...lidat also want to penalise..

kaoz...

• Praise 2

My comment. I believe the law is not meant to penalise people who spread the news in genuine belief they are helping people around them.

I THINK that the law will handle

1) the originator of the false news. Like c say tia gong from b who tia gong from a. A will get questioned and maybe penalised. With everything online it is kind of easy to find out who started the false news. In my scenario maybe c and b will get questioned but that's it.

2) stomp sites and such. I hope they get penalised for spreading false news in order to get readership.

Because false news can cause problems like resources directed away from where it is needed. Example fake news of bomb attack or building collapse.

Or unnecessary panic when everyone you know is informed of a kidnapping by so and so. Everyone except the police is informed. This causes mistrust unnecessarily and may prevent people who actually KNOW something from calling the police because they don't trust the police anymore (depending on what the news is).

Could it be abused to sweep things under the carpet? Nothing is impossible but I THINK that with social media it is harder to do so and every five years or so, we have a choice.

Two cents.

• Praise 4

(edited)

Next time wana post some breaking news, start with "Dunno izit true arnot...can the good Brothers and Sisters of MCF verify this?...." :XD:

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 11

Twincharged
(edited)

Fake News is now a trend ?

The thing is that look at TRS posting. There are some they just take whatever source they come from and many are anonymous. So when some people (not from trs) just want to have fun or their mind is just want to spin story, they just send whatever creative story they could think of and send to TRS. Then TRS will post it on their website.

So now how?

Its very difficult to verify whether the information is true or not especially from anonymous people. Plus don't think TRS have the resources to verify information that sometimes need to check with many departments. You think NEA, SPF, mindef will entertain TRS to ask for more information from some anonymous person claimed that he/she was the victim of what happened etc that involved NEA personnel (for example) etc..

And as of now government is very kind to TRS, online citizen and etc alternative news media already. The fake news will always be there as long as there is no cooperation between alternative news and government agencies..

Edited by Yewheng

The thing is that look at TRS posting. There are some they just take whatever source they come from and many are anonymous. So when some people (not from trs) just want to have fun or their mind is just want to spin story, they just send whatever creative story they could think of and send to TRS. Then TRS will post it on their website.

So now how?

Its very difficult to verify whether the information is true or not especially from anonymous people. Plus don't think TRS have the resources to verify information that sometimes need to check with many departments. You think NEA, SPF, mindef will entertain TRS to ask for more information from some anonymous person claimed that he/she was the victim of what happened etc that involved NEA personnel (for example) etc..

And as of now government is very kind to TRS, online citizen and etc alternative news media already. The fake news will always be there as long as there is no cooperation between alternative news and government agencies..

I consider much of the news on our MSM fake news too, especially come any election. but how to handle them...

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Echoing Fake News.

Another Donald Trump wannabe?

So they want a law for this, and how is going to be done? The fair way or their way? Only hear the good things?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I consider much of the news on our MSM fake news too, especially come any election. but how to handle them...

That's why we don't read them [laugh]

(edited)

So is things like "we collect more taxes to help you" considered real or fake?

"Collecting more taxes to help you" confirm plus guarantee is real news! :-)

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 15

Twincharged
(edited)

They did not fake any news, just that they will try their best to publish news that is related to government agenda. I called it selective news..

In anyway we still need alternative news to have diverse news. I think government understand that.. But they are cracking their head on how to fix the fake news.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1