COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2017

Carbon82

This person Atomicman claimed that a reduction of 9-10k is possible for new cars in his reply to the person bought a test driven Mazda 2.

He sounded si buay confident so i throw him a challenge. He stands to pocket 3k commission from me if he can help me save that 9-10k.

If cannot, then dun talk big and made such unsubstantiated claims.

Aiya relax lah this is online forum, everyone needs to realise everything others say are not enforceable so take it with a pinch (or pail) of salt lor.

• Praise 1

they will. Dont think they will get another a zero mileage car as test unit again...thats why most AD would use these car as hirer/rental car subsequently. Yes, there is warranty, but who buay song and headache.., buyer who bought it...

at the first place, i dont like to get test driven car as the buyers aka the test drivers would handle it roughly like rammed the accelerator to test the pick up and speed... cant imagine brand new car engine havent even run in... before 1000km already kenna whack. At least Im one of them... becos if i want to buy a new car I will definitely rammed it hard on acc to test the power or torque. 0-100 within 10 sec or 0-60 5 sec... lol..

unless they sell it damn cheap like 15K cheaper then might then consider,. having said it, brand new car can negoi near to 9k-10 k discount already..

From car listed price maybe.

Not sure if after all discounts. I. E. Loan, over trade & insurance.

Test drive car usually discount from $1k - $5k depends on mileage, make and model from what I encountered lately.

cant imagine brand new car engine havent even run in... before 1000km already kenna whack. At least Im one of them... becos if i want to buy a new car I will definitely rammed it hard on acc to test the power or torque. 0-100 within 10 sec or 0-60 5 sec... lol..

Atomicman - if car not run in, actually no point whack so hard becos u can't really test the real power anyway, tyres no makan yet, engine still raw, etc

they will. Dont think they will get another a zero mileage car as test unit again...thats why most AD would use these car as hirer/rental car subsequently. Yes, there is warranty, but who buay song and headache.., buyer who bought it...

at the first place, i dont like to get test driven car as the buyers aka the test drivers would handle it roughly like rammed the accelerator to test the pick up and speed... cant imagine brand new car engine havent even run in... before 1000km already kenna whack. At least Im one of them... becos if i want to buy a new car I will definitely rammed it hard on acc to test the power or torque. 0-100 within 10 sec or 0-60 5 sec... lol..

unless they sell it damn cheap like 15K cheaper then might then consider,. having said it, brand new car can negoi near to 9k-10 k discount already..

Me included.

I went to Mazda to test drive last year.

It was a hot day. Before we got onto the cars, the SE on the aircon level max so that internal cabin cool down.

During the drive, the SE told me to floor the accelerator to feel the power of skyactiv engine w sport mode.indeed the engine note was good.

Then we were negotiating under the shade while the car stayed in the hot sun engine and aircon on, waiting for the next tester..

I won't buy a test drive unit for sure.

Twincharged

Non-test drive units also mostly abused before already la. My brother worked with a shipping company before and usually B&B brands they just drive the car off the container rather than tow it. The delivery people also rev the engines already. Even at the AD workshop when they prepping the new cars also the same when they drive from point to point. Some even leave the engine running with aircon on also.

• Praise 1

No, they told me it would still be used for test driving, but that the mileage will be kept to a minimum. Haha I guess thats why my bids are failing thus far.

did u not get a written note and a picture of the mileage as well as assurance that it will not hit another 25 KM more then what is listed ?

I would add that every 1 km increase would reduce the price by 500 dollars.

This person Atomicman claimed that a reduction of 9-10k is possible for new cars in his reply to the person bought a test driven Mazda 2.

He sounded si buay confident so i throw him a challenge. He stands to pocket 3k commission from me if he can help me save that 9-10k.

If cannot, then dun talk big and made such unsubstantiated claims.

Bro, lol why would i lie. i had receipt to proof and i just gotten by COE...bluff u for what. :) .. but it is not mazda.

Buy car is a happy occasion. bluff u i will benefit??? relax bro. u me are just buyers.

Just that i cant post it online. got loyalty discount since i traded and buy back the same brand...

Anyway Im just sharing,  I scare u lose your 3K if we really meet and show you the proof. u gentleman to take this challenge? Knn, :) use your 3k, we buy every one here some makan if i win. lol.

Edited by Atomicman
  • Praise 2

When people thinking that houses are overprice and not willing to buy, extra money from initial house down payment ... one option is going to buy car..

Many flawed reasoning skills goes for an otherwise perfect nest egg.

1. Buy a 4 rm or 5 rm HDB

2. shore up enough money and buy a condo when you use a long term loan on the HDB

3. Used the savings and plowed into a Condo

the 4th one is the tricky 

4. Use the cash vs valuation and plow into a investment like insurance for your kids or the money goes to the reno for the condo OR stay in the HDB and rent out the condo as a passive income without selling the HDB. 

4A. used the earnings from the flat and buy a car. The more atas the better. After all, you suffer enough and need to show off that the long hours you put at work has its perks, and you want to feel good look good and at least earn some street cred.. 

4A is what I worry on as many live the maxim of YOLO. ONLY part where I agree on splurging is when the COE drop to all time low of 4 digit and a car can be had for 47K inclusive of COE because  its once in a life time.

I want to learn from u.

Can u show me how to nego near 9-10k off new Mazda 2? I want to buy as my 2nd car.

If successful, i pass u 3k as kopi money.

Dont be so selfish, please ask him to nego for 2, i want one also. Haha. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Bro, lol why would i lie. i had receipt to proof and i just gotten by COE...bluff u for what. :) .. but it is not mazda.

Buy car is a happy occasion. bluff u i will benefit??? relax bro. u me are just buyers.

Just that i cant post it online. got loyalty discount since i traded and buy back the same brand...

Anyway Im just sharing, I scare u lose your 3K if we really meet and show you the proof. u gentleman to take this challenge? Knn, :) use your 3k, we buy every one here some makan if i win. lol.

For me is 3k to 4k off from the price during I kpkp showroom.

But is not test drive car,is a showroom display car.

玛莎拉蒂大清仓 跑车削价13.5万

意大利名车玛莎拉蒂本地代理商发公开信给客户,表示展示厅租金昂贵,展示一辆车成本近1万6000,拥车证、注册费都飙高,公司下个月将放弃代理权,目前正在“削价清仓”,一辆顶级超跑整整便宜了13万5000元。

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20170415-749186

Edited by Blueray

Second that. The total basic cost of the car is close to 30k according to sgcarmart. 89k minus 30k is 59k so dont worry they can bid up to 59k coe for u and not lose money.

Hi,how do I check how much is the basic cost of my car from sgcarmart?

Properties not definitely appreciating assets.  With all the stamp duties, oversupply, poor rental etc.  May end up losing.  Hold long term may or may not rise but money is tied up and not so liquid.  Property Reits may be the better option as yields are still high and easier to liquidate.  But this is a whole other discussion, irrelevant to this thread.  

u right. its a separate topic.

1, land is limited but ever changing and recycled land , can only remain a constant

2. The cost can only go up. Look at cars and Property. Unless you telling me property can only get cheaper because like PC, technology change and people will throw old junk away.

3, cost of getting people to build can only get more costly. Only way for property to be "affordable" is to teak the bau window and aircon ledge all over again or reduce the space. But then there is a cap in terms of min size to build a shoe box.

4. Cars like honda accord used to be more expensive then HDB 5 rm flat. But after the multiple compliant, HDB is more ex then Honda. LOL 

玛莎拉蒂大清仓 跑车削价13.5万

意大利名车玛莎拉蒂本地代理商发公开信给客户,表示展示厅租金昂贵,展示一辆车成本近1万6000,拥车证、注册费都飙高,公司下个月将放弃代理权,目前正在“削价清仓”,一辆顶级超跑整整便宜了13万5000元。

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20170415-749186

The agent of Maserati is changing hand. It will be taking over by one of  Komoc's company ,  Ital Auto in May. 

Any predictions for April 26 COE bidding? 

Am still waiting for my Cat A COE, hopefully go down! Am optimistic that it might go down due to the demand apparently going down as well. (Number of bids decreased by alot)

At the same time, recent years trend is that it has been going up and up in the March-June period.

↡ Advertisement