COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2017

Carbon82

I boldly predict both cat A n B drop to 45k based on my field trips to BM n KM over the last weekend.

Don't think so.Still got so many buyers miss Coe this 2 rounds.
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I boldly predict both cat A n B drop to 45k based on my field trips to BM n KM over the last weekend.

You mean coming bid will drop to $45K both A & B?

Turbocharged

That is a prediction, not a reality. :)

Turbocharged

This is also fueling demand and pushing up COE prices. And no Thanks to Grab and Uber, the main culprits

when it hits a certain percentage of car population I believe the govt will do something to stop this trend. 

(edited)

You are right on, I am 1 of those that bite the bullet... 

Me too, I bite and swallowed the bullet. Now still got resale value for my two years plus left car...And last two years COEs pricing ard 60K-70k ...seldom see 50-55K...my current car depreciation already $10K... new hyundai also ard this, if not slightly more. ...new car with more years of warranty and less problem.. why not... :)

just order a hyundai... 6NG COE bidding... SE said will likely get it at the first shot. Just like my fren who bought it the last round. 1st bid got his coe... now waiting for his new car in May 17. Read from other threads, some ADs... customers kind of taken aback that their ADs bidded low for their COEs the last round...

in my opinion, COE is likely to go up becos of the removal of CEVS,,, and the intro of VES in Jan 18 which will result in increase of cars' prices. And currently so much backlog, those yet to receive their COEs back few weeks to 2 months... scary... likely to be 60K and above by end of year, if not in Aug...Sep period. hope all get our COEs this time round.. fingers crossed.

This time round i think COE CAT B should be ard >$55K. Ppl getting performance bonuses and feeling richer... lol.

Edited by Atomicman

You mean coming bid will drop to $45K both A & B?

Hope it's not.If yes,showroom will be pack again.Let the showroom cool down a bit is a good thing.
  • Praise 1

The coe pricing is 99.99% dont relate to car show room crowd.

Uber/grab and how much coe the ad wana buy and keep are the main root cause.

• Praise 1

When MAS lifted the car loan curb on may 2016. "Experts" said COE would rise to even 60k to 70k by end of the year 2016. However it just shown just a knee jerk reaction where COE reached the peak at 55k for cat A in august and once those backlog of kan chiong spiders had cleared. COE for both cat A and B dropped below 50k. Remember cat B dropped even to 46k. lower than cat A in dec 2016

Now i feel this before new VES buying spree will be another knee jerk reaction. By a few biddings later. COE will stabilise yet again in the 48k to 52k range. I wont think COE it will hit 60k in year 2017. [:p]

• Praise 3

The coe pricing is 99.99% dont relate to car show room crowd.

Uber/grab and how much coe the ad wana buy and keep are the main root cause.

Seems like my prediction too bold... haha
  • Praise 1

Me too, I bite and swallowed the bullet. Now still got resale value for my two years plus left car...And last two years COEs pricing ard 60K-70k ...seldom see 50-55K...my current car depreciation already $10K... new hyundai also ard this, if not slightly more. ...new car with more years of warranty and less problem.. why not... :)

just order a hyundai... 6NG COE bidding... SE said will likely get it at the first shot. Just like my fren who bought it the last round. 1st bid got his coe... now waiting for his new car in May 17. Read from other threads, some ADs... customers kind of taken aback that their ADs bidded low for their COEs the last round...

in my opinion, COE is likely to go up becos of the removal of CEVS,,, and the intro of VES in Jan 18 which will result in increase of cars' prices. And currently so much backlog, those yet to receive their COEs back few weeks to 2 months... scary... likely to be 60K and above by end of year, if not in Aug...Sep period. hope all get our COEs this time round.. fingers crossed.

This time round i think COE CAT B should be ard >$55K. Ppl getting performance bonuses and feeling richer... lol.

Agreed with your view that COE will hit 60k and above by year end. Currently, there are lot of potential buyers

still staying at sideline waiting for COE to soften. But will rush in if COE keep moving higher.

Personally it seems that there is strong correlation between STi index and COE. So,If you believe STI will fly higher in the next few months, it will be good to secure your COE soonest.

• Praise 1

for komoco (Hyundai), they only got 6NG but got tier 1, 2 and 3 level which give COE rebate at different amount with tier 1 almost consider as a Guarantee COE package. So your 6NG is which tier?

• Praise 1

My prediction this coming coe cat A and B will increase slightly +/-500. Will be stabilised at 50-55k range. Afterall depends on LTA how to play around with the figure.

• Praise 1

When MAS lifted the car loan curb on may 2016. "Experts" said COE would rise to even 60k to 70k by end of the year 2016. However it just shown just a knee jerk reaction where COE reached the peak at 55k for cat A in august and once those backlog of kan chiong spiders had cleared. COE for both cat A and B dropped below 50k. Remember cat B dropped even to 46k. lower than cat A in dec 2016

Now i feel this before new VES buying spree will be another knee jerk reaction. By a few biddings later. COE will stabilise yet again in the 48k to 52k range. I wont think COE it will hit 60k in year 2017. [:p]

Probably. But by then the quota will also start decreasing.
  • Praise 1

for komoco (Hyundai), they only got 6NG but got tier 1, 2 and 3 level which give COE rebate at different amount with tier 1 almost consider as a Guarantee COE package. So your 6NG is which tier?

they never talk about tier... what do u meant by tiering? can explain? tks!

• Praise 1

ooo... tier 1 will be with a higher COE rebate @  48K, then tier 2 around 45K or something like that and tier 3 about 42K COE rebate.. so the lower the tier, the lower the chance you get your COE as they will not likely to bid 54K for the COE whereas they'll be likely to bid 54K or 52K for COE @ 48K rebate. That's about 1.5 years ago when I was shopping for car. Now maybe change liao...

Hypersonic

You are an easy buyer ....... hope you will be a happy owner on Wednesday Cheers!!
↡ Advertisement