Passenger dragged off overbooked United Airlines plane

Count-Bracula

beat him up and drag him, he ran back to his seat and shout he need to get home..... then they offload the whole plane and clean up the plane i.e. the blood stain, he was no more onboard....

they say the 4 passengers was randomly selected by computer, i think maybe it was those who bought at the cheapest price [laugh][laugh]

Yes, I think so too ... Probably cheapest ticket. Doubt the airline will admit that though.

↡ Advertisement

I have checked and found out that there's many UA flights from Chigaco to Louisville

The journery is only 1hr 15 mins  and the next flight is only few hours away.  I suspect that was the last UA flight for that day at 9pm.  This may be the reason why nobody wants to give up their seats.  But I may be wrong, I am guessing only.

did u also check the cost of the flight?  [:p]

• Praise 1

can.. $101 to my account... - i send them to you :yuush:

some took a $400/- offer right at the gate...

See....not so neg after all.....careful later nose bleed [laugh] [laugh]
  • Praise 1

it depends...  on if United really has that clause in its T&C...   

not on the overbooked part but mishandling, i bet many lawyers are queuing up to take his case   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

not on the overbooked part but mishandling, i bet many lawyers are queuing up to take his case   [laugh]  [laugh]

No case lah. UA sure private settle one. Unless the doc is asking for the moon.

do u rem the CEO coming out to say the passenger was disruptive? 

these large companies have lawyers... they are hardly pushovers..

that email ''leak'' is hardly amateurish...  on the contrary..  calculated...

they are hardly fools 

no matter what clause they have, they have no right to hurt him 

yes bro.. i agree! 

but.. may i point out his face hit the armrest when he was struggling.. he was not directly injured.. indirectly yes... not directly..  

the dragging out via the aisle is f**king deplorable i must say... cbks those ppl... 

No check.  Wahahahahahaha.

its abt 200usd...  

ie.. the compensation amount was 4 times the flight price

still need a lawyer to do the negotiation. I think the price depends on how much those newspaper, tv show, going to offer him for the exclusive story  [laugh]

precisely.... public always get worked up...  UA throw decent amount.. make him sign non-disclosure... 

case close move on

but i really want to point out.. there are MANY such people in USofA who are just baying for a payday like this... 

i am not saying the guy is... but i am saying it is possible...  so open mind... 

• Praise 1

i am a fully negotiable person.. ie.. as long as the value commensurate my ''sacrifice'' feel free to talk to me...  

[:p]

I just feel he has a viable option to drive to louisville... 800usd more than sufficient to book a one way uber...  

@galantspeedz bro.. answered you here wat i think  [laugh]

Me too.  I will take the USD800 if being selected and asked to leave if I have nothing important the next day.

I dun know about this case, but I know for flight overbooking situation here or in the region, most full fledged airlines will deny passengers boarding at the counter and will not issue any boarding pass.  Passenger will be compensated and be arranged for the next available flight at no cost. 

precisely.... public always get worked up...  UA throw decent amount.. make him sign non-disclosure... 

case close move on

but i really want to point out.. there are MANY such people in USofA who are just baying for a payday like this... 

i am not saying the guy is... but i am saying it is possible...  so open mind... 

i also dun think this guy is that innocent but wth, he can put up such drama and get millions of people talking on social media and get paid handsomely   [laugh]  [laugh]

yes bro.. i agree! 

but.. may i point out his face hit the armrest when he was struggling.. he was not directly injured.. indirectly yes... not directly..  

the dragging out via the aisle is f**king deplorable i must say... cbks those ppl... 

erm... i thought that was what the Chicago PD said initially but after video showed that his head was slammed against the armrest rather an accident, they retracted the statement and in fact referred back to the aviation people... ?

• Praise 1

i also dun think this guy is that innocent but wth, he can put up such drama and get millions of people talking on social media and get paid handsomely   [laugh]  [laugh]

yup.. i think there is a void of additional information... which is required. hence i deplore MSM as well for posting news too early to feed information appetite ..   critical thinking is sorely lacking sadly... 

inside the dailymail link provided by TS

I think it is fake news (the quote in the link).

then why ain't the employees driven there by uber? more cost effective since 1 uber is let's say 800usd, cheaper than paying 4 pax 800 usd

i not familiar with US so i presume it is similar to the distance between SG and Kuantan

Remember ar, the 800USD is being paid for him to be on the next flight out, so the air tix has not been reimbursed... which means the actual compensation is much less than 800 if he takes uber. And his lugguage how? it should be loaded on the the plane liao right?

and if he has bought flight insurance then how? Buy additional insurance for uber?

The 800 bucks isn't even in cash. They were trying to give him a shitty airline voucher.

• Praise 1

I can understand the anger from watching the videos...  the way it was done... is inhumane.. and absolutely deplorable... 

But lets put it in perspective...  

imagine it in our context.

you book a flight to pahang.. u on the plane liao... airpline asked for volunteer to exit the plane as the need to accomodate staff to the destination airport to function properly since this can happen on an ad-hoc basis...  

if the required number of people exited... its all fine and dandy.. case close. 

however... unfortunately didnt happen...  

you end up being one of those picked to exit (supposedly random - can only assume its true at this mom in time)

would you --- exit the plane when chosen?

kick up a huge fuss and insist your right?

Personally.. i would have took the money and just drive there instead... 

Pay more and someone will take up the offer. I'm sure if they give 10k, they will have to beat the volunteers to stop them from volunteering.

By the way, why is it they only knew about their staff needing to travel at the last moment (when the passengers are already seated?)

• Praise 2