Passenger dragged off overbooked United Airlines plane

Count-Bracula

Read. Still nothing that says the airline can throw you off the flight once you are in your seat.

Experts agree that what United is dealing with is not par for the course. For one, the back-and-forth usually happens at the gate -- not once passengers board the plane.

Also, another airline (american) says this:

American Airlines says it denies boarding based on order of check-in, but will also consider "severe hardships," ticket cost and status within the carrier's loyalty program.

Denied boarding. Not throw you off the plane.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No case lah. UA sure private settle one. Unless the doc is asking for the moon.

Bro, don't play play ok?? According to the article, this man kenna a simple knock by a sliding door also can get $21.5mil hor.. This fella kenna left right centre, dragged and treated like a criminal. He might really ask for the sky leh...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-awarded-21-5-million-hit-glass-door-article-1.2432161

UA planes have the widest aisle in the industry to allow enough room for their slim and friendly stewardesses to walk through.

Edited by Jellandross

i think most are aware of the booking policy, it is how it is being enforced that is in question... 

also it should have happened prior to boarding of plane and not after.........

maybe a lawyer can answer this question,  if clause state denial of boarding and you are already allowed to board the plane. Is the clause still valid? 

Instead of using the link by CNN, this is UA link on policy

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/contract-of-carriage.aspx#sec25

Read. Still nothing that says the airline can throw you off the flight once you are in your seat.

Also, another airline (american) says this:

Denied boarding. Not throw you off the plane.

agreed agreed...  

so.. already boarded.. but plane cannot take off ...

offered the max compensation (4x ticket price for a short haul domestic flight)

randomly chosen customer refused to leave..  

call in police to remove him.

wat do u think the airline should have done different?

Bro, don't play play ok?? According to the article, this man kenna a simple knock by a sliding door also can get $21.5mil hor.. This fella kenna left right centre, dragged and treated like a criminal. He might really ask for the sky leh...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-awarded-21-5-million-hit-glass-door-article-1.2432161

[shocked] 

:o 

[sweatdrop]  

agreed agreed...  

Maybe throw in a stewardess to attend to all his needs on the next flight? :wub:

agreed agreed...  

Pay more?

Overbooking is all about money isn't it? You bet wrongly so you lose money lor.

800$ voucher is worth what? 300$ cash at most as it will come with a shitload of restrictions.

And since when is what they are offering the max compensation? My understanding is that it is approx 1300

agreed agreed...  

offer more compensation because the terms of 4 x is for denial of boarding....

oh.... and btw.. at no time.. in the video do i see anyone offering to give up their seats when they see the guy being dragged out... 

but i read so many comments of witnesses .. and so many people with handphones...  videoing the ordeal...   and subsequently lamblasting UA for the treatment.. 

as far as im concerned... that.. in essence is the main problem with USofA 

oh.... and btw.. at no time.. in the video do i see anyone offering to give up their seats when they see the guy being dragged out... 

but i read so many comments of witnesses .. and so many people with handphones...  videoing the ordeal...   and subsequently lamblasting UA for the treatment.. 

USA only?

I think if it happened in Singapore, same thing will happen.

• Praise 1

offer more compensation because the terms of 4 x is for denial of boarding....

u have a fair point there.. i have to concur

USA only?

I think if it happened in Singapore, same thing will happen.

would u deem me dumb if i said i would give up?  [confused]

and no... i would either volunteer to leave if i see that scene.. or i would stop that officer... i would never take out my phone.... 

This one jialat.

First, airline must have screwed up real bad. Last min after everyone boarded and seated, then say need 4 seats.

Ok, the 4 staff needs a seat on the plane to get to work the next day, or one flight will be cancelled. What if everyone on the flight also needs to work the next day, and any no-show is going to result in a bigger loss (cruise ship cannot sail, rocket cannot take off, Academy award postponed, etc.)? Or non-tangible things like seeing a loved one for the last time, and he/she is on the verge of giving up???

Clearly the airline is being selfish from the onset.

And if there are other airlines flying to the same destination, why the hell make a bigger mistake like this, instead of paying $$ to put their staff on another plane to get to the same place, maybe slightly later, but still on time for their work?

Then go on and whack and treat a paying customer like this... what will they do next - throw someone off a plane mid-flight?

OK, United Airlines. Famous liao... Good luck to them.

• Praise 2

[shocked]

:o

[sweatdrop]

Maybe throw in a stewardess to attend to all his needs on the next flight? :wub:

And can choose the air stewardess he wants.

Actually I dun like America. They have too much freedom.  Look at the cases of policemen killing or beating those black men.

I think freedom and cases of policemen killing or beating black men are very different things.

I am looking for more freedom from my MIL. I have no intention of killing her or beating her up.

2 totally different things.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

but i read so many comments of witnesses .. and so many people with handphones... videoing the ordeal... and subsequently lamblasting UA for the treatment..

Actually 1.passenger did say he/she volunteered but change mind when realised the next flight is next day 2.30pm which some news article mentioned it is almost 24 hours later...

• Praise 1

Don't think it's overbooked by the lokks of it. It's the airline who wants passengers to make way for their airline staff at the very last moment. If they want to stop passengers from boarding it should be done at the gate. Not when everyone has settled in the plane. The way it's handled. Fail.

• Praise 3

I think a lot of CEO are really stupid people.

They are probably just power hungry people

that back stabbed their way to the top.

This idiot beating his passengers up and

telling his staff it was the right thing to do

and the uber idiot arguing with his taxi driver

and stupid enough to be filmed and exposed.

Hope he learned his lesson, next time f the

driver off camera and lie that it didn't happen.

The corporate world is getting more sleazy no

wonder companies have to talk about ethics

and morality cos many top management don't

have it.

:D  

• Praise 1

u have a fair point there.. i have to concur

would u deem me dumb if i said i would give up?  [confused]

and no... i would either volunteer to leave if i see that scene.. or i would stop that officer... i would never take out my phone.... 

i think stopping the officer has more serious repercussion... not a wise move... not surprised if you get shot... honestly....

↡ Advertisement