Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 68 praises

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Currahee
  • Currahee
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

From sep17, petrol cars need to meet euro 6. I understand most cars are still euro 4. Are there already a selection of euro 6 cars in Singapore to scout for?

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

From sep17, petrol cars need to meet euro 6. I understand most cars are still euro 4. Are there already a selection of euro 6 cars in Singapore to scout for?

No need to worry,the Agent will settle for you,just save up your $$$....Most German Cars should be Euro 6.

Edited by ER-3682, 19 April 2017 - 10:14 PM.

Kangadrool, Tohto and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just install cheat chips, you want to make Euro 1 becomes Euro 8 also can de. :D

Aaronlkl, Currahee, Picnic06-Biante15, Mustank, Sunny, Vratenza and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Which japanese brand have vehicles that are Port Fuel Injection meeting JPN 2009 emission standards (equivalent to Euro VI)?

Edited by Cypher, 19 April 2017 - 10:24 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Currahee
  • Currahee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks... Wonder also which Japanese cars met euro 6 or jpn2009... Can't seem to find this standard

No need to worry,the Agent will settle for you,just save up your $$$....Most German Cars should be Euro 6.

Worry got risk if book earlier and didn't opt for guaranteed COE, then forced to top up cos need register euro 4 car before sep
Mustank praised this

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Current Japan emmissions standard? They won't let you know. They say it gets more stringent by the year but I find that their car makers can hardly cope especially smaller car companies.

Mostly Euro4? I would say Euro 4/5 coz if you look at their implementation date for all registrations in Europe Euro4 started Jan 2006 and Euro5 Jan 2011. Most would have bought their cars inbetween 2006-2011.

http://www.rac.co.uk...ions-standards/

Euro6 implemetation date for Europe is Sept 2015

Cars models selling in Europe now would meet Euro6 to the next standard. Usually car makers would make the engine last two emmission standards so that they don't have to develope a new engine every 4 years. It would be cost effective to do so.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks... Wonder also which Japanese cars met euro 6 or jpn2009... Can't seem to find this standard
Worry got risk if book earlier and didn't opt for guaranteed COE, then forced to top up cos need register euro 4 car before sep

lets see how this goes.

The dealer is more worried then you.

1. You book liao. Then they refund you. Money earn becomes money lost

2. They stuck with Euro 4 cars that cannot be sold.

3. The carrying cost to store it is not cheap and its a depreciating asset.

4. The YOM means the car also losing value

all in, I would low ball and even play hardball if its euro 4 cars

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:59 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go with this brand....should be FOOL-PROOF  :D

vw-das-emissions-logo-0001.png.650x0_q70

Edited by Vratenza, 20 April 2017 - 10:00 AM.

Kangadrool, Angcheek and Carbon82 praised this
√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√♥

┣▇▇▇═─

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

synthez
  • Premium member
    synthez
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

VW Sharan euro 6 compliant

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

synthez
  • Premium member
    synthez
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Found another one. Honda Odyssey 2.4 MPV i-VTEC (EXV-S) EURO 6

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Can't seem to find info on SG fuel following which Euro standard now. Any ideas?
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

QQ2017
  • Premium member
    QQ2017
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The Nissan Sylphy is only Euro 4... Do you folks think that Tan Chong will lelong lelong it before Sep 2017? 

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I heard Euro 6 Cars need a even a better petrol....

Fairlady.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:05 PM

Currahee
  • Currahee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Can't seem to find info on SG fuel following which Euro standard now. Any ideas?

Petrol fuel is mainly euro4. By right they also need step up towards end of year

Current Japan emmissions standard? They won't let you know. They say it gets more stringent by the year but I find that their car makers can hardly cope especially smaller car companies.

Mostly Euro4? I would say Euro 4/5 coz if you look at their implementation date for all registrations in Europe Euro4 started Jan 2006 and Euro5 Jan 2011. Most would have bought their cars inbetween 2006-2011.
http://www.rac.co.uk...ions-standards/

Euro6 implemetation date for Europe is Sept 2015

Cars models selling in Europe now would meet Euro6 to the next standard. Usually car makers would make the engine last two emmission standards so that they don't have to develope a new engine every 4 years. It would be cost effective to do so.

But it gets a bit confusing in Europe as there is some leeway in the initial years during implementation of euro 6..

Goes something like can be considered for sale between 2015_2018 so long as within XX% of euro 6 emissions. Of cos XX% gets tighter over the years to allow mfg to improve their cars...

Found another one. Honda Odyssey 2.4 MPV i-VTEC (EXV-S) EURO 6

Thanks.. so no lelong for odyssey

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The Nissan Sylphy is only Euro 4... Do you folks think that Tan Chong will lelong lelong it before Sep 2017? 

highly likely but in a quiet way. You dont want the current owners and 2nd hand car dealers to get upset,

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

highly likely but in a quiet way. You dont want the current owners and 2nd hand car dealers to get upset,

I will be glad and keen if Nissan do a lelong sale in this year end.

Anyone has SE to recommend so that I can head-up him/her first - a thousand thanks.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

Rgb3117
  • Rgb3117
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Suzuki Vitara is Euro 6

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

Splinter
  • Splinter
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hyundai is clearing its existing stocks of Elantra to make way for stocks with Euro 6 compliant engine.

I asked my SE would there be any change to the engine for the new stocks, he said the engine is still the same. I guess they are controlling the emission via chip, probably surpassing the engine performance. 

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:27 PM

Currahee
  • Currahee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hyundai is clearing its existing stocks of Elantra to make way for stocks with Euro 6 compliant engine.

I asked my SE would there be any change to the engine for the new stocks, he said the engine is still the same. I guess they are controlling the emission via chip, probably surpassing the engine performance.

Hmm if thru chip or software, then probably just need inform lta certain batch,model onwards are euro 6, send one detuned car for testing

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: euro, petrol, cars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users