Euro 6 petrol cars

Currahee

Turbocharged

who really care about euro 6,7,8,9,10 ad infinitum ?

i think everyone care about is how much lower he can pay to get a car. [laugh]

Tree huggers.

That's why Prius crash into tree.

↡ Advertisement

i think we all need to consider environmental impact. for our future generations. however, over marketing and blindly follow maybe just be counter productive, it may also harm the environment more. 

by simply reduce and recycle responsibly, we are doing our fair share. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i think we all need to consider environmental impact. for our future generations. however, over marketing and blindly follow maybe just be counter productive, it may also harm the environment more.

This is the real thing. Yes, save money with lower fuel costs, so and so, but the true objective is to ensure we have a world where cars can still be enjoyed in.

It's just that our local implementation seems daft, suspiciously timed and as always with an agenda

• Praise 1

Yesterday's ST mentioned some dealers clearing stock of non euro 6 cars but as far as I know all have been sold off except maybe PIs still having some stock. They specifically mentioned Elantra but last I heard the Elantra being sold currently is the euro 6 version so I think ST got their facts wrong?

• Praise 5

I won't think LTA will increase Road Tax for Older Cars already On The Roads.

I also highly doubt. 

They either too busy to consider or too lazy to implement, which is a good thing.

After all that smart thinking going into CAT A 130BHP, I dont think they want to create another talking point.

• Praise 1

Given the low CO output,could be even Euro 7[if there is it]. [:(]

There are still many People can afford big CC Cars.

depends on the word afford.

I am painfully aware that some of the big CC cars are company cars. So the bigger the CC the better just to create envy and provide prestige as the driver not paying for it.

Of course there are those that really have to have it and plonk the big bucks just to have it.

No replacement for displacement

No 1000cc lambo or audi R 8

There are those that can afford big CC in excess of 4 to 5,000 CC but choose to drive a humble camry.

Many different profile of people. I only can say that the argument is true IF like the Tesla P1000 where the 0-100 is 3.2 sec and low FC , then it make sense to get something in that space. Then again, Tesla is not exactly affordable as well.

Where got time to spend money and effort to educate people to reduce use and recycle responsibly?

Just attach monetary penalties based on random standards (130bhp?) and let people pay more and more for wants/needs.

After all, whats wrong with earning more money?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

what had euro emission standards got to do with car price ?

called up a few PIs today and they way they put it, it seems that the newer cars which is euro 6 compliant will cost more than the present euro5 or below cars.

why is it so ?

• Praise 1

what had euro emission standards got to do with car price ?

called up a few PIs today and they way they put it, it seems that the newer cars which is euro 6 compliant will cost more than the present euro5 or below cars.

why is it so ?

With each increasing Euro number, they have to keep putting more mufflers and more filters on the exhaust.

So all these cost big bucks. [laugh]

So why go through all that trouble ?

Why not simply banned all petrol and diesel drinking vehicle and just allowed electric car and called it Euro X or whatever.

• Praise 1

They will measure the amount of fuels needed to generate electricity, and amount of toxic rare earth to make batteries. It will be "competitively priced". [laugh]

With each increasing Euro number, they have to keep putting more mufflers and more filters on the exhaust.

Why not simply banned all petrol and diesel drinking vehicle and just allowed electric car and called it Euro X or whatever.

Twincharged

so how does that affect the car buyer in real life ?

i mean any diff if i buy the euro5 now or after the newer euro6 model comes in ?

i mean any diff if i buy the euro5 now or after the newer euro6 model comes in ?

Nothing different,only Wallet is lighter..[maybe due to higher price.] [bigcry]

euro 6 - what's wrong to collect more?

can easily brush off with a comment

it's very complex that man on the street cannot understand

Edited by Wt_know

Take elantra for example.

Euro 4 or 5 with lots of equipments,this amount of omv .

Euro 6 with lots of equipments,amount of omv will be higher,so will sell you more expensive.

So in order to maintain same omv and sell same price to you for euro 6,some of the equipment got to strip-off.

If ban petrol and diesel then where to collect tax from? Might as well ban cigarettes selling since it is also polluting the air... Anything that burns... Ban....
  • Praise 1

Euro 5 is 'cheaper' coz dealers hv to lelong sale b4 1 Sep.
↡ Advertisement