Euro 6 petrol cars

Currahee

Yesterday's ST mentioned some dealers clearing stock of non euro 6 cars but as far as I know all have been sold off except maybe PIs still having some stock. They specifically mentioned Elantra but last I heard the Elantra being sold currently is the euro 6 version so I think ST got their facts wrong?

i read the article from sgcar mart..PI harrier and shuttle also non-euro compliant?if true, mean no more harrier from PI? and only can get from BM turbo. Then, vezel ,fit/jazz and shuttle almost same then why only shuttle non-compliant..very confused now..i even read a article said vezel hybrid also cant pass euro 6....

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=319

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Euro 5 is 'cheaper' coz dealers hv to lelong sale b4 1 Sep.

not true ... i called a few these 2 days ... price still very follow market trend and COE ....

i am actually gunning for shuttle 1.5G .... but cheapest is $94k and must loan 70% for 7 years !! interests is solid !!!

asking for 50% loan and 5 years ... told will kenah "penalty".

i think now is a "lunning" period for both buyer and dealer ... see who can lun until 1 sep.

i read the article from sgcar mart..PI harrier and shuttle also non-euro compliant?if true, mean no more harrier from PI? and only can get from BM turbo. Then, vezel ,fit/jazz and shuttle almost same then why only shuttle non-compliant..very confused now..i even read a article said vezel hybrid also cant pass euro 6....

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=319

PI are just probably clearing the old stocks now.

Many cars made in Japan adhere to the Japanese emission standards, which is equivalent to EURO emission standards.

PIs also went through the era from EURO 4 to EURO 5 standards, and still surviving.

Just that consumers have to pay more for cleaner emissions, etc extra filters, mufflers, devices that removes the NOx particles.

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Euro 5 is 'cheaper' coz dealers hv to lelong sale b4 1 Sep.

True and that's why I got my deal....and at the right time when I just about to change. Great.
  • Praise 1

not true ... i called a few these 2 days ... price still very follow market trend and COE ....

i am actually gunning for shuttle 1.5G .... but cheapest is $94k and must loan 70% for 7 years !! interests is solid !!!

i think now is a "lunning" period for both buyer and dealer ... see who can lun until 1 sep.

I am sure once the deadline is nearer, they will have to calculate the cheaper options. To ship out or sell at lower margin. So wait is the right strategy. :a-good:

Good that you prefer to reduce the loan quantum. If you compute the discount against the interest, definitely paying the penalty is better. However, if you place that same amount of loan in some investment scheme while you took the loan, it may be acceptable. So the discount must be computed in the equation when you purchase the car.

Tink u went to the wrong PI.

Suzuki & Honda were clearing their Euro 5 Swift & Jazz at lelong prices. Even Lexus oso do that

i wonder since euro 6 implementation  and more strict STA/VICOM inspection for the emission , any bad effect for those car which regularly pump Msia petrol. As i know, Msia 95 is EURO 2, 97 is EURO 4 ( very doubt  all petrol kiosk really sell you EURO 4)....

Turbocharged

Tink u went to the wrong PI.

Suzuki & Honda were clearing their Euro 5 Swift & Jazz at lelong prices. Even Lexus oso do that

Champion motors very cham... most of it's cars are Euro 5 and had to be cleared. Only left Vitara which is Euro 6.

The new model Euro 6 swift won't hit our shores till next year... one model to hold the fort for 6 months...

Hopefully they will do better when the ignis and swift comes and even better when the swift sport arrrives...

Edited by Pocus

Twincharged

Champion motors very cham... most of it's cars are Euro 5 and had to be cleared. Only left Vitara which is Euro 6.

The new model Euro 6 swift won't hit our shores till next year... one model to hold the fort for 6 months...

Hopefully they will do better when the ignis and swift comes and even better when the swift sport arrrives...

its borneo motors cham... in CAT A only altis and vitara.

i wonder since euro 6 implementation  and more strict STA/VICOM inspection for the emission , any bad effect for those car which regularly pump Msia petrol. As i know, Msia 95 is EURO 2, 97 is EURO 4 ( very doubt  all petrol kiosk really sell you EURO 4)....

If they don't sell you EURO 4 then what do they sell you?

Yalor. Think the SE there eat grass for a few months.

But their lelong sale quite good price. Swift Sport only $89k

many msia petrol kiosk will alibaba..got it?;)

I don't know which petrol stations you are visiting but I doubt the ones I go to (petronas, shell, petron, bhp) will be any less reliable than the ones in Singapore.

I guess you are one of those folks who think that the higher price paid in singapore equals higher reliability  [laugh]

I don't know which petrol stations you are visiting but I doubt the ones I go to (petronas, shell, petron, bhp) will be any less reliable than the ones in Singapore.

I guess you are one of those folks who think that the higher price paid in singapore equals higher reliability  [laugh]

some folks, not here, but some folks believe in the notion of you pay for what u get. So they are easily excited on perceived value. From HDB flat , to the 20 dollars chicken rice at a hotel to the COE and cars that you pay for. 

Others have old school notion of adulterated petrol to siphon out the good stuff away to other sources of income in Malaysia.

Some like Donald trump. Only want to believe what they believe and everything else is fake news as it conflicts their belief and will sort of a virtual slap as they broadcast earlier that this is how it's supposed to be and cannot retract.

Neutral Newbie

some folks, not here, but some folks believe in the notion of you pay for what u get. So they are easily excited on perceived value. From HDB flat , to the 20 dollars chicken rice at a hotel to the COE and cars that you pay for. 

Others have old school notion of adulterated petrol to siphon out the good stuff away to other sources of income in Malaysia.

Some like Donald trump. Only want to believe what they believe and everything else is fake news as it conflicts their belief and will sort of a virtual slap as they broadcast earlier that this is how it's supposed to be and cannot retract.

i believe every dollar for its value bro, but you shouldn't justify it using different countries's currency value and cost over there to justify the perceived value lah..other countries got as much tax and erp like us anot.. their economy as strong as us anot.. 

as long as the price is reasonable, where it isn't too cheap to be true, and too expensive to be chopped.. it is fairly a good deal. cannot be people do business to earn nothing one ma.. right? the key word is reasonable lah ..

if a euro 4 car goes for inspection next year, will it fail the inspection?

I used to own a 2006 mitsu and have been going for my inspection until end 2015.....I still got it certified! 

So is LTA goona up the inspection for Euro 4 cars in the coming years - like that a lot of cars will fail leh. And what will happen? cannot be certified and cannot be on the roads?

this euro 6 only applies to new cars and those that have bought, no impact, just pump and drive and maintain the car as per normal...

if they take the euro 6 standard and apply it across, my old mitsu would have failed a long time ago. and a lot of cars will be off the road in the next couple of months...

don't think they can afford that...

That just goes to show the annual or biennial inspection is just another revenue exercise doesn't it?

↡ Advertisement