Police raid offices of FAS, 3 football clubs

Carbuyer8989

World cup dream,.....oh please.

someone said 2020 wor. [laugh] 

maybe he meant go S'pore Pool outlet [:p]  

Looks like it will be the end of FAS, gonna be no more s-league. So don't talk about world Cup, think in future there will also have problem filing for Asia Cup.

I read that it was explained that if no jackpot machine, they would have closed down long ago, cannot just depend on government subsidies to survive as it is too little. That is so true.

So can't totally blame those football club have jackpot machine to earn profit.

set up MOF quick!  [laugh]

Just the tip of the iceberg lol.

This is only being exposed because someone refuse to toe the line and wanna run for elections.

Popcorn! Popcorn! Come get it . . . buy 2 boxes get 1 free  [laugh]

• Praise 1

The whole episode only serves to highlight the complexities of politics that go on behind the scenes of the governance of Singapore football. What goes on has nothing to do with football - It is all merely about men who don't have true passion or perhaps even knowledge for the game using football/sporting governance as a front for their own agendas and power-play games.

I think many also miss the point that this whole fiasco is not just about the 2 challengers for the elections. I would opine that SportsSG also has its agenda and interests in this unfolding game. At the national level, they have already been in 'competition' and at odds with FAS over control of running football in Singapore. 

So perhaps while this slugfest between the 2 challengers take centrestage and ends up with their elimination; the end result will be the emergence of a G-approved 3rd party quietly lurking and waiting for the dust to settle.

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 3

Seriously? Taxpayers money? I think Singapore gahment not that stupid go and spent taxpayers money on a doomed sport.

There's this org called Singapore Pools and soccer betting is allowed. Go and think who is behind it.

Jackpot machine? LoL...

Home team, safra club all you can find jackpot machine. They call it fruit machine.
  • Praise 1

Yes precisely, that's why FAS said already government subsidies not enough to cover for expenses one.

The only problem is that government may still want FAS to survive as to want to see our local footballers go into world Cup. They will sure no choice have to up budget to FAS to prevent them from closing down. So it's not ideal solution. But you know..

Like I posted something about government cannot run like a company it's all political. So, if FAS can't make profit and want to shut down, due to political reason don't want them shut down and pump more money in. Like that how?

One suggestion. Channel the fund to FAS for household subscription for cable. Everyone can watch football. Everyone can bet at the spore pool. Promoting sport culture in spore!

The whole episode only serves to highlight the complexities of politics that go on behind the scenes of the governance of Singapore football. What goes on has nothing to do with football - It is all merely about men who don't have true passion or perhaps even knowledge for the game using football/sporting governance as a front for their own agendas and power-play games.

I think many also miss the point that this whole fiasco is not just about the 2 challengers for the elections. I would opine that SportsSG also has its agenda and interests in this unfolding game. At the national level, they have already been in 'competition' and at odds with FAS over control of running football in Singapore.

So perhaps while this slugfest between the 2 challengers take centrestage and ends up with their elimination; the end result will be the emergence of a G-approved 3rd party quietly lurking and waiting for the dust to settle.

Your first sentence o ask fans of Valencia FC. They can give you an very honest opinion.

Home team, safra club all you can find jackpot machine. They call it fruit machine.

Why do you think they gave everyone "free" safra membership some years back?

Do you know the number of jackpot machines you can have is proportional to the number of members you have?

Edited by Kusje

Ex-president Zainudin, say something leh.

I think he is speaking to his lawyer before he say something.

If say wrong thing, more jiat lat.

Maybe Edwin Tong can act as FAS' lawyer, can HUAT again after CHC.

From what I read, FIFA statutes doesn't allow government intervention in the local football association positions and hence the calling of elections as previously FAS appointments were appointed by government. As such, government intervention will not be allowed and FIFA could ban Singapore from all their football activity if govt is still involved in FAS appointments.

• Praise 8

From what I read, FIFA statutes doesn't allow government intervention in the local football association positions and hence the calling of elections as previously FAS appointments were appointed by government. As such, government intervention will not be allowed and FIFA could ban Singapore from all their football activity if govt is still involved in FAS appointments.

Totally agree with you on this fact. Not to say that that the G will intervene directly. 

What I meant to suggest is that it is possible that 'independent' organisations and entities that elicit the tacit approval and support of the G may be set up and enter the fray in the event that the 2 competing parties are eliminated from the race.

Edited by Ronkovic

From what I read, FIFA statutes doesn't allow government intervention in the local football association positions and hence the calling of elections as previously FAS appointments were appointed by government. As such, government intervention will not be allowed and FIFA could ban Singapore from all their football activity if govt is still involved in FAS appointments.

HENG, that's good to know.. If not budget overshot..

But quite curious to know, if fifa does not allow government intervention, than fifa should have long ban Singapore for football activity already. Those football clubs do get subsidies from government right? That's not government intervention?

I think he is speaking to his lawyer before he say something.

If say wrong thing, more jiat lat.

Maybe Edwin Tong can act as FAS' lawyer, can HUAT again after CHC.

WA, huat are.. But as usual only top few percent of lawyers will huat, bulk of laywer will still be the same.. Edited by Yewheng

HENG, that's good to know.. If not budget overshot..

But quite curious to know, if fifa does not allow government intervention, than fifa should have long ban Singapore for football activity already. Those football clubs do get subsidies from government right? That's not government intervention?

FIFA have for some time pointed out to Singapore this abnormality of govt appointed officials running FAS and I think the authorities/FAS asked for some time to sort this out which they have now done with the calling of elections.

You have a point that govt subsidies is also construed as intervention but I think the spirit of the rule is they don't want political influence in football matters but obviously you can influence football with money but I guess subsidizing a League across the board shouldn't be counted as intervention per se. It is precisely cos govt is subsidizing the S League that I believe FIFA gave them more time than they would normally allow to sort this out.

Anyway, the elections would go ahead but I just can't help feeling if Bill Ng has just scored an own goal with this disclosure. Till now I don't quite understand what's his motive for disclosing this just before crucial elections?

• Praise 4

i am sick with FAS. they were given the most support but produces thw worst result or rather no result.

I just hope the entire team be replsced and we stsrt fresh. what is this SGsport thing, they also need to be checked. too much monkeying, lets bring out the biggedt rottan.

Anyway, the elections would go ahead but I just can't help feeling if Bill Ng has just scored an own goal with this disclosure. Till now I don't quite understand what's his motive for disclosing this just before crucial elections?

He said it's for the public' sake.

So he's the good guy or the bad guy?

http://www.tnp.sg/sports/singapore-football/bill-ng-calls-fresh-start-singapore-football

"The public and football fraternity needs to know the previous environment of administration. It is nothing but an unhealthy environment and needs to be cleared," said Ng.

"Only when we have awareness of our shortcomings, develop an acceptance of those shortcomings, then can we have the wisdom, acceptance and fortitude to make the change for the betterment of football in Singapore."

• Praise 2

He said it's for the public' sake.

So he's the good guy or the bad guy?

http://www.tnp.sg/sports/singapore-football/bill-ng-calls-fresh-start-singapore-football

"The public and football fraternity needs to know the previous environment of administration. It is nothing but an unhealthy environment and needs to be cleared," said Ng.

"Only when we have awareness of our shortcomings, develop an acceptance of those shortcomings, then can we have the wisdom, acceptance and fortitude to make the change for the betterment of football in Singapore."

I also don't know. In the first few days of the disclosure, he sure looked like the good guy exposing a possible wrong doing but as more has surfaced, he has backtracked and some of what he said is contradictory like he said he didn't know what the donation was for etc. and that's why I feel he has scored an own goal.

I supposed he wanted to exposed this saga to put the opposing LKT team in bad light as quite a few of them served on the outgoing FAS Board but think it has backfired on him.

• Praise 4

Yalah. . . MOF.

Ministry of Football.

I also don't know. In the first few days of the disclosure, he sure looked like the good guy exposing a possible wrong doing but as more has surfaced, he has backtracked and some of what he said is contradictory like he said he didn't know what the donation was for etc. and that's why I feel he has scored an own goal.

I supposed he wanted to exposed this saga to put the opposing LKT team in bad light as quite a few of them served on the outgoing FAS Board but think it has backfired on him.

Sounds like gold tap saga.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1