• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
394 replies to this topic | 741 praises

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For once, I am guessing that we shall see a sharp drop in COE premium for Cat C. [:p]

29xwt1t.png

snc7dz.png

2itj2o5.png

The details of the April 2017 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 24 April 2017, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 26 April 2017, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 26 April 2017 (Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,413 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A: Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp)) => 2,052

Category B: Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,369

Category D: Motorcycles => 347

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C: Goods Vehicles and Buses => 163

Category E: Open Category => 482

Edited by Carbon82, 21 April 2017 - 01:56 PM.

Showster, SuPerBoRed, Pocy and TangoElite praised this
Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Titanium
  • Titanium
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Huat ah!  :a-good: 

Poh Bi I can get mine at the 4th try!  :a-panic:

TangoElite and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Titanium Aka BlackLancer225... [sly]

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:29 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Cat A and B to fall less than $1,000

Edited by Nutty, 22 April 2017 - 12:29 AM.

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

Winningeleven
  • Winningeleven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My guess  and usually i dont interested on Cat C result but this round is interesting. Probably many buyers for cat C hold on this time

Cat A 51500

Cat B 53000

Cat C 38000

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

Atomicman
  • Atomicman
    Clutched
    Author Image

my guess uptrend..

CAT A 53100

CAT B 55100

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

L23
  • L23
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Cat C should drop quite a lot this time round.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

Anodiz3
  • Premium member
    Anodiz3
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Cat A $53k
Cat B $57k

Good luck!

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

COE prices are controlled by the dealers. as long as the car selling price is fixed with the (intended) COE price, the dealer will just

hamtan the amount into the bid. anyway, the dealer's mind is the car is sold to a willing buyer who already agreed to the car + COE

price, why bother le?

if you look at the spread shiit of our COE bidding history, you can see that some s.bid number and bid received have no significant

increased in number but the successful bid price increased in many folds. CAT C - year 2006 to 2008. it is not difficult to see that the

dealers then was desperate to close some deals and thus started to bid the COE with higher prices soon after 2006. this shows that 

s.bid number and bid received are NOT the only component attribute to the successful bid prices. 

anyway, the COE prices will not deflating much as long as if we have to get the dealers who are desperately needed to sell to bid for us.  :a-bang:

1 Anonymous member praised this

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

Arch1984
  • Arch1984
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah but dealer will not anyhow bid if they have no orders to fulfil. As long as Singaporeans are doing well and can afford to pay the prevailing COE prices, hard for COE to drop.

It will only drop when there is a drop in orders and dealers need to reduce price to sell their cars. But then, Grab or Uber or the government will come in.

Showster and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Char
  • Char
    5th Gear
    Author Image

COE prices are controlled by the dealers. as long as the car selling price is fixed with the (intended) COE price, the dealer will just
hamtan the amount into the bid. anyway, the dealer's mind is the car is sold to a willing buyer who already agreed to the car + COE
price, why bother le?

if you look at the spread shiit of our COE bidding history, you can see that some s.bid number and bid received have no significant
increased in number but the successful bid price increased in many folds. CAT C - year 2006 to 2008. it is not difficult to see that the
dealers then was desperate to close some deals and thus started to bid the COE with higher prices soon after 2006. this shows that
s.bid number and bid received are NOT the only component attribute to the successful bid prices.

anyway, the COE prices will not deflating much as long as if we have to get the dealers who are desperately needed to sell to bid for us. :a-bang:

I shall say COE is mostly control by buyer as nowadays more people paid GTD COE than 10 years ago due to buying car very uncertain nowadays due to private hires , LTA system twist here and there , CEVS vs VES ( from hero become zero ) ... buyer wants to have peace of mind and pay extra for gtd so the dealers LL must give you the COE ... another words I also shall say gtd COE package is gimmicks as dealers already got open cat on hand and they are no need to worry COE price up or down , if up they always can use open cat and if down they bid for you lo and at the same time laugh all the way to the bank .... that's why gtd package one mostly get open cat .
Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

Atomicman
  • Atomicman
    Clutched
    Author Image

one noob question... say one gotten the CAT B COE under the owner/buyer's name last month, i.e. I login in to the LTA's COE website and confirmed that the AD had successfully bidded and secured the COE under my name,  will it suddenly turned out to be a Open CAT when come to the delivery and registering of my new car in one month time? ie on the paperwork..

Edited by Atomicman, 23 April 2017 - 10:38 AM.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    5th Gear
    Author Image

one noob question... say one gotten the CAT B COE under the owner/buyer's name last month, i.e. I login in to the LTA's COE website and confirmed that the AD had successfully bidded and secured the COE under my name,  will it suddenly turned out to be a Open CAT when come to the delivery and registering of my new car in one month time? ie on the paperwork..

You don't have to worry about that. CAT A/B COE is non-transferable meaning if bid in your name, it can only be use for registering of vehicle under your name. So if the dealer or the company don't use it to register the vehicle in your name, it's as good as throwing away SGD10K.

Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Atomicman
  • Atomicman
    Clutched
    Author Image

You don't have to worry about that. CAT A/B COE is non-transferable meaning if bid in your name, it can only be use for registering of vehicle under your name. So if the dealer or the company don't use it to register the vehicle in your name, it's as good as throwing away SGD10K.

thanks Bro!

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My guess and usually i dont interested on Cat C result but this round is interesting. Probably many buyers for cat C hold on this time

Cat A 51500
Cat B 53000
Cat C 38000

Cat C will be much lower. tan Chong will lose money. They have priced the selling price 20-25k lower than the last selling price.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

Gnomish
  • Gnomish
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Cat a and b to drop cos people go for cat c.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

Leo22
  • Leo22
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Cat a and b to drop cos people go for cat c.

Yea! Can eye Hylux liao.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

synthez
  • Premium member
    synthez
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Cat A and B drop by 1k

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Jason1489
  • Premium member
    Jason1489
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Huat ah! :a-good:

Poh Bi I can get mine at the 4th try! :a-panic:

Me too. Pray hard this time.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

Lec5000
  • Lec5000
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Cat A and B drop by 1k

Take note CARS 2017 in 6-7th May

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

Leo22
  • Leo22
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Take note CARS 2017 in 6-7th May

Noticed last round though COE up a few hundreds, many AD has raised their car price by 1-2k, could it be because of this expo, so that to make their offer more presentable they can give 'bigger' discount , to the already inflated price, during the event?
Just simply hentam, no basis.

Have a good week ahead everyone !

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, bidding, 2017, april, car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users