COE Bidding – 2nd Round of April 2017

Carbon82

I was at Honda showroom on Sunday. It was obvious there was lesser crowd compared to a month ago.

My colleague told me was crowded at ubi C&C previous weekend. :(

Waiting for my coe again this wed. My 3rd bidding. I suspect coe will drop a little this round. Perhaps by $500ish. Haha. Not so excited to get it, will just let it be. I guess some of them are waiting for car show.

Turbocharged

My sentiments is that Cat A & B COE will go up in general by $1,000 to $3,000.

Distributors, many of whom are offering free upgrade to guaranteed COE package, need to clear the backlog before the quota for the next quota dips, and in view of the new orders coming in for Cars @ Expo in May.

Highly unlikely prices will dip, except for commercial category  C.

COE is one cash cow that seems to be recession proof.

I shall say COE is mostly control by buyer as nowadays more people paid GTD COE than 10 years ago due to buying car very uncertain nowadays due to private hires , LTA system twist here and there , CEVS vs VES ( from hero become zero ) ... buyer wants to have peace of mind and pay extra for gtd so the dealers LL must give you the COE ... another words I also shall say gtd COE package is gimmicks as dealers already got open cat on hand and they are no need to worry COE price up or down , if up they always can use open cat and if down they bid for you lo and at the same time laugh all the way to the bank .... that's why gtd package one mostly get open cat .

COE only can drop when buyer change thier Kiasu and kiasi buying style to non gtd COE . Prices will stay high regardless of whatsoever available no of amount available for bidding as just inmagine most buyer go for gtd package meaning that the support is the latest previous closing COE price as dealer LL must get you the COE .... like this how to come down ? Edited by Char
  • Praise 1

Mazda reduced their price by 1 k each, not that coe will drop a lot but looks like their booking is not as high as they have anticipated. COE price may stabilize after a few rounds of frantic buying recently.

Edited by Ct3833

Currently, the commercial vehicles sales la la kio ah...

All prices dropped to at least 20k from last mth list prices..

Think many pragmatic sgporeans are going to this route..

• Praise 8

Cat C only 163 units leh. Really such an impact that it moves heaven and earth???

Oh now I get it... Its the forward quota that is huge from May onwards... Maybe 1000 each bid...

Edited by Showster

Today only Day 2. The number of bids submitted for Cat A&B is already considered high.. normally u see this number only on Day 3.

Today only Day 2. The number of bids submitted for Cat A&B is already considered high.. normally u see this number only on Day 3.

It's the last 15min or so that matters most. Anytime before is just illusion

But agin if wait until the last 15min... what the heck, just see after 4.

unless you own self bidding

Edited by Leo22

COE prices are controlled by the dealers. 

this is so damn true. The buyers already agreed the price quoted by dealers.

It's the last 15min or so that matters most. Anytime before is just illusion

But agin if wait until the last 15min... what the heck, just see after 4.

unless you own self bidding

I agreed.During the last round 15 minutes before closing my eyes was glue to the screen keep refreshing the page as the coe amount is hitting the reserve price set by my PI. I believed my PI was also monitoring and they up the bid by another 2k 2 minutes before closing.

Hypersonic

COE only can drop when buyer change thier Kiasu and kiasi buying style to non gtd COE . Prices will stay high regardless of whatsoever available no of amount available for bidding as just inmagine most buyer go for gtd package meaning that the support is the latest previous closing COE price as dealer LL must get you the COE .... like this how to come down ?

please lah...it's not the buyer but the dealer

my friend bought a new car on non gtd deal

the AD went in and bidded 60plus k for him on the first bid

and it's not even a luxury brand

-_-  [dizzy]

please lah...it's not the buyer but the dealer

my friend bought a new car on non gtd deal

the AD went in and bidded 60plus k for him on the first bid

and it's not even a luxury brand

-_-  [dizzy]

agree with you. coe depends on the dealer.....

↡ Advertisement