COE Bidding – 2nd Round of April 2017

Carbon82

agree with you. coe depends on the dealer.....

let me continue your statement..and dealers depend on buyers. So at the end, we are the one pushing the COE.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Mazda has just upped its prices again, What's up with that?!!

They probably preparing for battle when quota drop. Need to give more margin to bid more.

let me continue your statement..and dealers depend on buyers. So at the end, we are the one pushing the COE.

So your meaning is More buyer , COEs will rise.Lesser buyer COes will drop.

But theres a news on April 13 that fewer COEs for cars , more for commercial vehicle starting from May. But another news i forget i saw from saying COEs will continue to rise during May COEs.

So how do we explain that During May COEs , fewer COEs for cars and more for commercial vehicle but COEs will continue to rise?

But theres a news on April 13 that fewer COEs for cars , more for commercial vehicle starting from May. But another news i forget i saw from saying COEs will continue to rise during May COEs.

So how do we explain that During May COEs , fewer COEs for cars and more for commercial vehicle but COEs will continue to rise?

Let me continue ... more buyers on non gtd , COE will fall or stable . Less buyers on gtd COE ( as long more than the available quotas ) , COE will rise or stable .

Let me continue ... more buyers on non gtd , COE will fall or stable . Less buyers on gtd COE ( as long more than the available quotas ) , COE will rise or stable .

so let me continue , government still plays a part in coe

Mazda reduced their price by 1 k each, not that coe will drop a lot but looks like their booking is not as high as they have anticipated. COE price may stabilize after a few rounds of frantic buying recently.

Pardon me. I must have been dreaming, Mazda increase their price, not decrease.
  • Praise 1

Haha..actually don't have to think so much lah. We are not doing a PhD thesis on COE.

When the time comes for you to decide, u just have to suck it up if you still choose to drive. That's life.

My fren just bought Nissan Van NV350 86K last month! Wah lao bang balls...

What is the price of a new van now?

• Praise 1

Haha..actually don't have to think so much lah. We are not doing a PhD thesis on COE.

When the time comes for you to decide, u just have to suck it up if you still choose to drive. That's life.

What is the price of a new van now?

i saw on nissan web page. $65k plus

• Praise 1

Would u bid yr own COE?? I tried for one whole yr... but never get it...cos during bidding when COE hits yr threshold price you will not bid higher.

My friend decided to bid his own but his mistake was to book a car first but did his own bidding cos last year there was a quota surge he expected COE to dip... so unlucky on the 3rd month government relaxed loan restriction and crowd throng showroom... ended up he paid a few ks more in order to secure COE cos his car already pending registration.

Also the car body price already factor in all the seller's profit. When you buy from dealer NGtd or Gtd the dealer has a buffer to bid high for you eating into their profit. When u bid yr own you are sunjected to COE fluctuation which you have to absord yrself. So when pay only car body price seller already locked in the profit.

In the end I decided to let AD bid for me so i pay only a fixed price and no nightmares! They actually bidded higher than my signed on price so self bidding is only great in a COE downtrend but this scenario is quite unlikely in near future.

• Praise 2

If he booked his car (without COE) and bid COE with COE going up several thousands, he should end up paying some 10K or more as compared to if he had just assigned to dealer to begin with...

Would u bid yr own COE?? I tried for one whole yr... but never get it...cos during bidding when COE hits yr threshold price you will not bid higher.

My friend decided to bid his own but his mistake was to book a car first but did his own bidding cos last year there was a quota surge he expected COE to dip... so unlucky on the 3rd month government relaxed loan restriction and crowd throng showroom... ended up he paid a few ks more in order to secure COE cos his car already pending registration.

Also the car body price already factor in all the seller's profit. When you buy from dealer NGtd or Gtd the dealer has a buffer to bid high for you eating into their profit. When u bid yr own you are sunjected to COE fluctuation which you have to absord yrself. So when pay only car body price seller already locked in the profit.

In the end I decided to let AD bid for me so i pay only a fixed price and no nightmares! They actually bidded higher than my signed on price so self bidding is only great in a COE downtrend but this scenario is quite unlikely in near future.

If he booked his car (without COE) and bid COE with COE going up several thousands, he should end up paying some 10K or more as compared to if he had just assigned to dealer to begin with...

He told me a few ks.. i didnt dare probe further cos its like rubbing salt into his wound :=) 10k it could be ... only he himself knows...

Twincharged

He told me a few ks.. i didnt dare probe further cos its like rubbing salt into his wound :=) 10k it could be ... only he himself knows...

thus there are options available just that the price may or may not be "right", depending on how you look at it.

1. just pay the PI or AD the total sum.

2. Just buy the car from PI/AD and self bid COE

3. Self import the car and self bid COE.

Bottom line is Singaporeans are just whiners. the options are available to anyone. no one put a gun to their heads and say you need to buy a car at this price. by putting the money down, means you agree to purchase the car and the coe at this price and you are the COE statistic that causes it to rise or fall.

in my view, the market all knows how much quota vs biddings represents. This final bidding prior to the start of quota drop means alot to people who missed the previous bidding, about 400 for cat A and 600 for cat B. 

Without a doubt this round's bidding will be similar to previous round, if not definitely increase. 

Good luck to everyone bidding in for tomorrow. The last chance before the drop of quota. 

• Praise 1