COE Bidding – 2nd Round of April 2017

Carbon82

Thanks, but I guess the chance of getting is very 渺茫...  [:(]

At the price you signed for, yah. I agree.. Probably you have to wait till the last bid. not to 泼冷水。No offense..

Is 3 bids Ng COE better than 6 bids Ng COE?

Depends on your definition of 'better'

6 bids better in price

3 bids (supposedly) better in waiting time

Depends on your definition of 'better'

6 bids better in price

3 bids (supposedly) better in waiting time

Better in price as in Coe price will drop?

Would u bid yr own COE?? I tried for one whole yr... but never get it...cos during bidding when COE hits yr threshold price you will not bid higher.

My friend decided to bid his own but his mistake was to book a car first but did his own bidding cos last year there was a quota surge he expected COE to dip... so unlucky on the 3rd month government relaxed loan restriction and crowd throng showroom... ended up he paid a few ks more in order to secure COE cos his car already pending registration.

Also the car body price already factor in all the seller's profit. When you buy from dealer NGtd or Gtd the dealer has a buffer to bid high for you eating into their profit. When u bid yr own you are sunjected to COE fluctuation which you have to absord yrself. So when pay only car body price seller already locked in the profit.

In the end I decided to let AD bid for me so i pay only a fixed price and no nightmares! They actually bidded higher than my signed on price so self bidding is only great in a COE downtrend but this scenario is quite unlikely in near future.

Don't waste time and money. You still need to pay for admin fees and most of the time, you can't out bid the dealers. And if you book a car from a dealer without coe, they will just take the selling price minus the coe rebate at that time. If I'm the dealer, I'll also be happy if I sell car without coe. Maximum profit.
  • Praise 1

I wonder will ninja van use this chance to buy more van. [:|]

I thought grab also have the grab bus thingy. Does it fall under cat c? Will they take a chance to grab the coe?
  • Praise 1

Better in price as in Coe price will drop?

Better in price as in cheaper price quoted by the dealer.

Unless sudden crash, minor correction of COE is transparent to the price you sign on the dotted line.

• Praise 1

I thought grab also have the grab bus thingy. Does it fall under cat c? Will they take a chance to grab the coe?

Really hope private hire won't come in 'kak kak jiao jiao' again like what they did to Cat A and B.

Talked to a karang guni uncle, he has been feeling the pinch on high COE when his truck's is expiring, which make him planning to change job after the last day of his lorry.

Pretty sure this is not the only industry that needs vehicles to operate.

Pre-VES buying surge in showrooms recently will support Cat A & B COEs at current, or even higher levels.

Typical KS mentality of SGeans!

Only Cat C is expected to drop.

Migration of personal-car buyers to Cat C? The LTA scholars have been made aware of this potential loop hole and have addressed that!