• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic | 71 praises

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

rickbath
  • Premium member
    rickbath
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All, 

I'm driving a '08 Toyota Axio which i bought about 2 months ago. 

During a recent drive to KL and back, i realised the headlights are not bright enough especially during the stretch when there are no streetlights.

I would like to change the headlights to something with is LTA compliant. I saw there are tonn of LED headlights but need to change back to stock during the inspection. I'd rather not take the trouble and change to something which is compliant and brighter than the current.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Bro,

look for Philips lights - some model is LTA friendly.

It helps in another 30% brighter.

hope it help you too. 

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:16 AM

rickbath
  • Premium member
    rickbath
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi Bro,

look for Philips lights - some model is LTA friendly.

It helps in another 30% brighter.

hope it help you too. 

thanks for the recommendation 

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not sure if Vision Plus bulbs still available. Good improvement.
Cypher praised this

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not sure if Vision Plus bulbs still available. Good improvement.

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What you need is these.

Install front bonnet or roof? Make sure it's yellow.

Wrangler-Raptor-modification-120W-LED-Sp

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

Snowman16
  • Snowman16
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi All, 

During a recent drive to KL and back, i realised the headlights are not bright enough especially during the stretch when there are no streetlights.

I would like to change the headlights to something with is LTA compliant. I saw there are tonn of LED headlights but need to change back to stock during the inspection. I'd rather not take the trouble and change to something which is compliant and brighter than the current.

If we change to LED type which is LTA compliance do we still need to change back to stock during inspection?

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Jusnel
  • Jusnel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi All,

Pls don't misunderstand that LED is brighter than halogen. It's not any brighter.

Halogen is still the brightest.

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

Nine_eleven
  • Premium member
    Nine_eleven
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Pls don't misunderstand that LED is brighter than halogen. It's not any brighter.

Halogen is still the brightest.

huh? can you elaborate?

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

rickbath
  • Premium member
    rickbath
    Clutched
    Author Image

What you need is these.

Install front bonnet or roof? Make sure it's yellow.

Wrangler-Raptor-modification-120W-LED-Sp

I dont intend to blind anyone.... ;p

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Do not spend too much unless or otherwise you are going to renew your COE (2018 COE expiry?)

Hi All, 

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    5th Gear
    Author Image

just dont exceed 4300k

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can try Philips Xtreme Vision +130%

Should be LTA compliance.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

huh? can you elaborate?

LED has higher efficiency than halogen. Therefore it depends on the individual LED used whether it is actually brighter or denser light than a typical halogen bulb. But most are.

LEDs come in many different range so it can be very difficult to ensure a LED headlight replacement meets all requirements.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:44 AM

Lab4games
  • Premium member
    Lab4games
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Philips racing vision. brightest halogen around already.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi All, 

FYI brighter halogen usually do not last as long as stock. Stick to Kelvin temp no higher dan 4300K. Those that has slightly blue tint around the light bulb. Those totally covered in blue tint cannot pass.

Those that I have used before are Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and Philips Xtreme Vision. Philips one will be slightly whiter and brighter and cost more dan the Osram. Both are available at mxtradings. Osram is most affordable at under $50 a pair depending on size.

LED lights have a lot of type to choose from. Lumens will usually determine the brightness. And dan you got to see if they are able to do both Hi & Lo beam coz some are design to be just Lo beam. The type of cree led, there are fake ones. If you are new at buying led you will see a lot but dunno which to go for. And dan there's the headlight housing issue to house the wires and ballast. If you want the light throw to be much focus and further you go to modify and install projector lens. A lot to consider.

One thing to note when installing do not have skin contact with the glass area. Only touch the metal parts.

Edited by Watwheels, 26 April 2017 - 08:37 AM.

Ingenius praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Anyone knows where to get cheaper alternative low beam bulb for xenon light of E65? Eng Soon is selling at 150-190 per pop.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

rickbath
  • Premium member
    rickbath
    Clutched
    Author Image

FYI brighter halogen usually do not last as long as stock. Stick to Kelvin temp no higher dan 4300K. Those that has slightly blue tint around the light bulb. Those totally covered in blue tint cannot pass.

Those that I have used before are Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and Philips Xtreme Vision. Philips one will be slightly whiter and brighter and cost more dan the Osram. Both are available at mxtradings. Osram is most affordable at under $50 a pair depending on size.

LED lights have a lot of type to choose from. Lumens will usually determine the brightness. And dan you got to see if they are able to do both Hi & Lo beam coz some are design to be just Lo beam. The type of cree led, there are fake ones. If you are new at buying led you will see a lot but dunno which to go for. And dan there's the headlight housing issue to house the wires and ballast. If you want the light throw to be much focus and further you go to modify and install projector lens. A lot to consider.

One thing to note when installing do not have skin contact with the glass area. Only touch the metal parts.

I might be getting the Phillips White light which i have been told is LTA compliant. 

Sure, will test out if the low & high beam works

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

Nine_eleven
  • Premium member
    Nine_eleven
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I might be getting the Phillips White light which i have been told is LTA compliant. 

your bulb should be a H4 right? hi and low beam in one bulb?

just get a normal replacement at any workshop. there aren't many good and bright replacements for H4 that can last long AND is brighter.

if you drive NSHW often, stay away from white lights. you won't be able to see a thing when it rains.

that yellow tone will allow you to see more. that's why street lamps glow yellow/orange.

Kangadrool, Volvobrick and Drafting88 praised this

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

Snowman16
  • Snowman16
    Clutched
    Author Image

How much it cost per bulb?

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: headlight, inspection, brightnes and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users