Brighter headlights needed

rickbath

SGP.

i very zhi tong one, never road hog and always give way to car catching up from behind me. [:p]

Hmmm... but still, many drive without checking their rear! Seriously! Or maybe its outright selfish.

Sadz... Sg law wont catch road hogger, but most likely to catch the ones trying to over take road hoggers!

↡ Advertisement

thanks for the recommendation

Second that, and long life too compared to Osram equivalent bulb(Silverstar).

The main function of headlights on most modern cars are not to light up the entire space in front of you. It is just there to be bright enough, but not glaring, for awareness. The light is to allow others, especially those blur blur pedestrians to know your car is coming, so that they can stop using their mobile phone while crossing the road.

On unlit roads, just go slow.

That's the whole idea.

If you look at these new Audi with LED head lights, do you really think they can fill up the area in front of their car too ? 

Audi_LED_7.jpg

And by the way, the whiter the lights are , the dimmer it seems to be.

It's the eye's color response, eye response best in the Yellow zone, so with yellowish light being the best responsive for human eyes. 

Don't go white or bluish, go slightly golden / yellowish bulbs.

These modern white LED lights are a curse to the automotive industries because they are deviating away from human's best, they eyes.

If you ask me, I would honestly tell you, it's a conspiracy between LED makers and automotive car makers. 
LED are expensive and demands more electronics control than a simple halogen light bulb which only requires 2 wires - 12V and ground.

What led to the LED is basically a big scam out there.

eyeBallOne.jpg

Edited by carloverguy2017
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I hate being blinded by the oncoming driver, but I installed LED headlight on my Corolla. All that matters for LED conversion is "light pattern". A LED bulb with perfect pattern projected doesn't blind others. The bulb that I use is HYUGA U9.

zRFC7IDhZ3I5sSYcMoWw.jpeg

16 hours ago, Ronald728 said:

I hate being blinded by the oncoming driver, but I installed LED headlight on my Corolla. All that matters for LED conversion is "light pattern". A LED bulb with perfect pattern projected doesn't blind others. The bulb that I use is HYUGA U9.

LED Headlamps

Light emitting diodes (LEDs) are semiconductor light sources that produce light when an electric current flow through them. In recent years, vehicle manufacturers have started to introduce LED technology to headlamps. LED headlamp bulbs require less energy, and have a longer lifespan compared to halogen and HID headlamps.

LED headlamps produce light that is close to the colour of daylight, providing clearer visibility at night. LED headlamps require cooling systems such as heat sinks or fans to keep cool. This makes the LED light physically larger than a halogen bulb, so there may be compatibility issues when installing LED lights into headlamp housings designed for halogen bulbs.

Like other headlamps, LED headlamps must meet international standards and be factory-fitted by vehicle manufacturers, to ensure that they are properly aligned and operate safely.

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/modification.html#HIDLED

2 minutes ago, awhtc said:

vehicle manufacturers have started to introduce LED technology to headlamps. LED headlamp bulbs require less energy, and have a longer lifespan compared to halogen and HID headlamps.

while this is true. manufactures dun change their car to LED because of it.

the main and key reason is it look nicer. or ppl feel they have the latest tech,

u see the comment, many bros already say they skip cars thats not using LED. 

On 8/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, Ronald728 said:

zRFC7IDhZ3I5sSYcMoWw.jpeg

It is ok if the headlights are the projector headlights, but the reflector headlights will cause a lot of glare if one changes them to brighter  bulbs.

I replaced my headlights and reverse bulbs to LED, it passed the LTA inspection  using that test equipment but the guy told me I must replace them to halogen bulbs when I return for inspection next year 

↡ Advertisement