• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic | 91 praises

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

villan
  • Premium member
    villan
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All,

Have shortlisted the above.

Zen is half the price of the other 3 brands (3M, Coolnlite, Vkool) though but not sure if it performs as well.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All,

Zen is half the price of the other 3 brands (3M, Coolnlite, Vkool) though but not sure if it performs as well.

Wah... got searched whether got old threads or not? Later kanna ...  :a-shoot:

I'm going to tintsycool this Sat to do for my new car.

I've not heard of Zen. 3M crystalline is not bad. CoolnLite i've heard of, but didn't find out too much. V-kool is good, but some have expressed concerns as it's metallic in nature, so might interfere with the GPS signal wor...

Tintsycool films claims to block 99% IR, and it also reject one group of UV light that other films don't block.

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

Fozzy
  • Fozzy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Atrecord,

Update us your finding after using it.
Thanks bro

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

Ttl1976
  • Premium member
    Ttl1976
    5th Gear
    Author Image

been using zen for all my cars.
so far no complain
Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

ClesterClarence
  • Premium member
    ClesterClarence
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi All,

Im using 3M , its not bad , but a bit pricy cos of its brand.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

synthez
  • Premium member
    synthez
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Besides brand, the installer also very important. Multiple factors: poor workmanship, poor attention to detail i.e leaving micro-bubbles behind, dusty environment. All these will contribute to micro-bubbles, the air trapped heats up in our hot sun causing early delamination.

Same thing with PPS, it's not just about the product.

Edited by synthez, 01 May 2017 - 07:37 PM.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Used Zen for 2 cars in the past. Cheap and effective. Under hot sun sure can feel the difference.

My last 2 rides all come with Vkool which I some how feel not as good. But free so not complaining.

But a lot of people always feel they need to pay a lot of money to feel that the item is good, so they will bash this as not willing to venture out of comfort zone. I would suggest you try out Zen for once for yourself as it is very cheap like only half price of other brands, but really effective in blocking out heat. I have such confidence in this that if my next ride does not have solar film done, Zen tinting it will be. Cheers.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

Orangee
  • Premium member
    Orangee
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Friend intro Zen to me, quote seem acceptable. When get my car, will go install. ☺

Ya true, workmanship still very important despite the flim quality. 3M seem to ex for me. Vcool not sure, coolnlite just heard off now. 😂

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

Splinter
  • Splinter
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Friend intro Zen to me, quote seem acceptable. When get my car, will go install. ☺

Ya true, workmanship still very important despite the flim quality. 3M seem to ex for me. Vcool not sure, coolnlite just heard off now. 😂

I'm looking at SKW as well - considering between Zen and SKW now :)

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

Titank
  • Premium member
    Titank
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

What is the full name of Zen? How much is the installation package?

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

What is the full name of Zen? How much is the installation package?

Zen Car Services

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Infratint & Cool N Lite for me

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Atrecord,

Update us your finding after using it.
Thanks bro

Interim update only, as the past week has been more wet than hot, so i can't really tell whether the film is really fantastic as claimed by the specs.

I didn't feel any heat except on 2 days, after work, as it had rained on a few days. On the 2 days, heat was not those unbearable type as could be felt in the past, when I was driving my old car without any film.

There were some dust at one corner of the sunroof after the installation, which I think was due to careless handling when they peeled off the 'sticker' just before installation. I went back on Thur to show them, and they replaced it after a short discussion.

Will update again once I have a chance experiencing it in the hot sun, maybe tomorrow.

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

Fozzy
  • Fozzy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Many thanks bro

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

Wolfverine
  • Premium member
    Wolfverine
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Have 3M, RikeCool & Vkool thus far and all thrown in as part of the car package by ADs. Generally quite happy with the heat rejection for all 3. As shared in another thread, the RikeCool Platinum Series installed on the panoramic roof is effective in cutting out the heat.

http://www.mycarforu...-6#entry6121336

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

Brainstorm
  • Premium member
    Brainstorm
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Was using Tintsy Cool for 2 years. Recently kena stone hit and cracked my windscreen. So gave 3M Crystalline a try after doing some research. 

Looking at the 3M brochure, I found that 3M is more honest and openly stating the range of infrared it was tested, provided the Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) values and the SPF of 1000 (read some website that V-kool SPF was only 200+). Other solar film brand just tell you about their performance in a selected small spectrum of the IR, which is more like a sales gimmick. 

Do note that all the Infrared rejection (IRR) measured is only a portion (900-1000nm) of the whole IR spectrum (750-2500nm). So don't just relay on the IRR figures provided, need to look at TSER that covers the UV+visible light+infrared (from 100-2500nm). 

When compared with Tintsy Cool, remember that the IR meter that Tintsy used is just to measure from 900-1000nm only, giving it IRR 99%. But Tintsy has no info on the TSER. Also to my horror, Tintsy Cool UV rejection is only 97%, not the 99.9% claimed when measured. 

When I at 3M, they used the similar IR meter and the CR90 clocked 97% IRR and CR70 clocked 99% IRR. Also after installing, I compared the 3M Crystalline on my windscreen to Tintsy Platinum 99 on window glass, the 3M is visually clearer. I also realised Tintsy darker tint on my rear screen has this slight hazy tint...  

(Repeating what I post on another thread) Also one very important thing is only 3M Crystalline and V-Kool will reflect IR. V-Kool uses metallic particles to reflect, thats why interfered with ERP IU signal. 3M Crystalline uses proprietary, multilayer optical film Nano-technology that combines over 200 layers to reflect IR. Other brands uses nano ceramic to block IR and thus absorb the heat in the progress. 

Just providing my limited view. Cheers. 

Edited by Brainstorm, 08 May 2017 - 09:30 PM.

Showster and Premacist praised this

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looking to cut heat from panoramic roof yet don't reduce the brightness into the car much. Any recommendations on the type of film and workshop? TIA

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Interested to do a wrap on my car roof. first time doing so source for advices here. I plan to get those glossy type thus to make it like glass roof. Btw mine is one year old new car.

Will the wrap last for years. How about the life span of those roof wrap? Also will the colour faded with rain/sun/dusk/washing over times? Another concern how about the edges of those wrap. Example the front edge on top of the windscreen will it peel off with mileage clocked?

Edited by Kopites, 09 May 2017 - 09:09 AM.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have this crazy idea. What's stopping us from installing two layers of film to improve results? Say 1 layer 3M 1 layer Tintsycool.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have this crazy idea. What's stopping us from installing two layers of film to improve results? Say 1 layer 3M 1 layer Tintsycool.

2nd layer may not stick well with 1st layer cos film is designed to stick onto surface like glass 😂
Showster and Angcheek praised this

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Infratint Automotive Film Pte Ltd

Infratint Automotive Film Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Stumplestiltskin  |  Neutral Newbie

Went over to infratint to do up my solar film. Detail explanation on the different specs and also the benefits. Was also being informed of what need to do and not to do during the 1st 2 days after installation. Feel great improvement of the heat rejection after the installation. » Read More

Ace Motorsports Pte Ltd

Ace Motorsports Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by ShavinDran  |  Neutral Newbie

Excellent workmanship and usually do installation according to customer's requirements. Great boss and excellent staffs.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Solar Films & Tinting

Quick Reply

Tags: film, solar, window, coolnlite and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users